Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Amazon and football - the future?

Amazon and Premier League Football  

329 members have voted

1. 1. How was the quality?

• Excellent
    • Tolerable
    • Toilet
  2. 2. Was there lag?

• Nope
    • Just a smidgen
    • Jarring hell experience
  3. 3. The ability to pick from all matches was great, right?

• Wonderful, just wonderful
    • What? I can watch other matches on a tiny little phone screen too? Why didn't you say!

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Realised that the 7.30 and 8.15 K.O times were to minimise the time they were running simultaneously, so someone at home would only have to miss about 30 minutes of the combined 180 minutes. Imagine taking a kid and the game finishing at 10.05 ffs. 

I am fully behind 7.30 and personally think all midweek games should be that time. It's good for timings and for travel.

But 8.15 is a joke. Brighton are at Arsenal tomorrow at the time. Granted it's one of Brighton's closer games but finishing after 10pm and then having to get travel back down to Brighton. Unfair as usual.

I've already got Amazon, and don't have any other subscription services, so it's no odds to me, but the arrival of Amazon isn't a great thing for the majority of fans. It's yet another subscription service to sign up to in order to watch your team. You're basically paying again for something you've already paid for...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/02/amazon-prime-premier-league-football-arrival-tv-hefty-price 

• Like 1

I thought it was fine, watched 1st 45 mins of Palace and then most of Man City.

My internet recently has been a bit up and down, so was slightly concerned but actually aside from delay vs live was fine.

Bit of a shame we're on the same night as the Merseyside Derby and Jose's return, they would be worth watching, but at the the KP tonight and then you can't watch the other games till midnight, so might as well watch MOTD.

Be interesting to see how the Watford players react tonight, an early goal for us might ensure they drop the effort, and we can win comfortably, be brilliant to win the next 4 games, tough but doable.

Let's hope Everton can get something, Liverpool have been creaking of late, sadly they have an easier December than us on paper, aside from the fixture congestion.  But it's not played on paper is it!!

My home Internet is relatively shit (Three 4G on a tablet) but still worked much better than any streams, as instead of buffering endlessly, it automatically went to adaptive quality instead (non HD) with zero lag. 

I don't use any of the Prime benefits though so probably wouldn't pay an extra amount on top of that to watch one game a month. 

Also does this technically need a TV License because I don't have one either lol

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Does anyone know if there were any instances of the games being licensed to be shown in pubs etc. Thinking ahead to Boxing Day :dunno:. Could do the free trial then not subscribe routine I suppose (says Baron Skinflint). :dunno:

https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broadcasting/amazon-partners-with-bt-sport-for-premier-league-in-pubs/5141633.article

Not sure if this helps

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Does anyone know if there were any instances of the games being licensed to be shown in pubs etc. Thinking ahead to Boxing Day :dunno:. Could do the free trial then not subscribe routine I suppose (says Baron Skinflint). :dunno:

Greene king pubs are showing them.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Looks good thanks, will focus on places that show BT currently, good chance of them (staff) picking our game as City v Liverpool should be a popular choice in neutral places.

Edit - Ours doesn't clash with any others does it, so would be picked anyway, doh

Edited by fazzyfox
Brain returned to "on"