Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Amazon and football - the future?

Amazon and Premier League Football  

329 members have voted

1. 1. How was the quality?

• Excellent
    • Tolerable
    • Toilet
  2. 2. Was there lag?

• Nope
    • Just a smidgen
    • Jarring hell experience
  3. 3. The ability to pick from all matches was great, right?

• Wonderful, just wonderful
    • What? I can watch other matches on a tiny little phone screen too? Why didn't you say!

40 minutes ago, foxer said:

Seems to be even further behind live than Now TV to me. A good 3 minutes as opposed to about a minute no now TV. Anyone else noticed this? Could well be my internet despite virgin telling me it's the dogs bollocks? 

Mine has been between 40 seconds and a minute all week. But again, I’m going out of my way to check this when people mention it, otherwise I would have no idea. 

45 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Mine has been between 40 seconds and a minute all week. But again, I’m going out of my way to check this when people mention it, otherwise I would have no idea. 

I like having a look on here when we score or something contentious happens but I've been hesitant to on prime due to the time difference. Hopefully it'll improve 

12 hours ago, z-layrex said:

This kid shouting on the Arsenal Brighton game is well annoying.

They used to have a woman at highbury near the microphone that used to scream every time the opposition got the ball. think they either moved the mic or her towards the end.

It seems the biggest moan is the difference it time it takes to for the data to leave the stadium and reach your home WTF turn off the alerts on your phone. do you not remember when the BBC told you just before match of the day to look away now if you didn't  want to know the scores on the news.

The premiere league will drop the 3pm thing they have to, to offer an alternative to illegal streaming and the loss of revenue. will it affect lower league teams maybe the formation of the premier league did that anyway. With attendances topping 90% of capacity at all but Spurs last season the is no need to prevent live streaming of all matches all be at a premium it will have no real adverse effect on premier league attendances.

37 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when the next set of TV rights are up on offer.  Amazon if they are encouraged by this dipping the toe in the water type thing would be able to blow Sky, BT and whoever else out the water if they really wanted to.

I hope they go Billy big bollocks and offer to buy the lot. Sky sports and bt sport will be dead overnight and the fans can actually watch the games they want to watch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

I hope they go Billy big bollocks and offer to buy the lot. Sky sports and bt sport will be dead overnight and the fans can actually watch the games they want to watch. 

Isn't the some Monopoly bollox at work which is why we now need three subscriptions.

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

How will this work with the 3pm blackout though? Surely there'd be no games at that time any more?

1 minute ago, Corky said:

How will this work with the 3pm blackout though? Surely there'd be no games at that time any more?

Well hopefully the powers-that-be finally grow a brain cell and realise that just because people watch footy at home doesn't mean they won't go to games, especially when tickets can be subsidised with online sales. Hell, it could even trickle down the pyramid like it should have with sky/bt. 

• Like 1

I had a crystal clear picture. It's just a shame the picture quality at Stockley Park wasn't as good else they would've seen the clear and obvious trip on Jamie Vardy which somehow resulted in 'no penalty' and unbelievably, a yellow card for simulation! The VAR hub really does need to get Amazon Prime streamed so they can see what's going on. Shakes head in disbelief.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Did nobody else think they stayed on the same camera angle too long too often. In the first half I noticed them doing a pitch level angle and stayed on it long after the ball left. They did this a few times. Then, when Maddison was getting MOTM, they seems to stay on him in the stand for about a minute or longer. I think they need to work on this.

• Like 4