Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Amazon and football - the future?

Amazon and Premier League Football  

329 members have voted

1. 1. How was the quality?

• Excellent
    • Tolerable
    • Toilet
  2. 2. Was there lag?

• Nope
    • Just a smidgen
    • Jarring hell experience
  3. 3. The ability to pick from all matches was great, right?

• Wonderful, just wonderful
    • What? I can watch other matches on a tiny little phone screen too? Why didn't you say!

Just now, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Did nobody else think they stayed on the same camera angle too long too often. In the first half I noticed them doing a pitch level angle and stayed on it long after the ball left. They did this a few times. Then, when Maddison was getting MOTM, they seems to stay on him in the stand for about a minute or longer. I think they need to work on this.

I agree. Even on vardy too when he tried to head a ball, making the audience miss the game in effect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steven said:

Alan Shearer?  :nigel:

I quite liked him doing it. Subtle and wasn’t trying to make it about him every two minutes, I’m looking at you Savage. And wasn’t completely clueless, I’m looking at you Keown.

Studio pundits were but meh, but I quite like Gabby.

• Like 4

Just now, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Did nobody else think they stayed on the same camera angle too long too often. In the first half I noticed them doing a pitch level angle and stayed on it long after the ball left. They did this a few times. Then, when Maddison was getting MOTM, they seems to stay on him in the stand for about a minute or longer. I think they need to work on this.

Yeah they did this, also just after half time they focused on both managers for 30 seconds plus

People pay way too much attention to commentary and punditry teams. It was decent but we were their only game, they'd be the same as sky and BT if they were showing back to back games with the big six. 

Always helps when commentary is complimentary and we win.

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

The 'Madders cam' stayed on him for a good while. This can be easily sorted out though, the person switching the cams needs a little bollocking lol

Edited by Chester Dontlie

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It seems like they're going into many markets at present.

Am not sure if that's entirely a good thing.

Not to offend but operating in the U.K. they will monopolise but here in the US they’ve got A LOT of competition. Tried to order my bro in law something for Christmas who’s in the U.K. and literally the only option was Amazon. Weird.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Tonight was the most I've enjoyed watching football during lockdown. Amazon bossed it and everything about their coverage was quality IMO.

Agreed. It really was refreshing just being able to watch a game without the tones of Carragher, McManaman, Neville, Keown droning on and on and loudly breathing/sniffing when there's silence. And just the general conversation and commentary was about the game. Both impartial and just factual about the game. No obsession over big six or hyperbole.

8 minutes ago, Steven said:

Alan Shearer?  :nigel:

He was fine. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Both of Sky and BT do this as well, a few times we've missed chances or build up as they're cutting to needless replays. Just remember Barnes' goal vs Leeds

• Like 2

Shearer was the only national pundit pointing out something was seriously wrong with our tactics in 16-17 when everyone was running with the "downed tools" narrative and he's probably the most knowledgable pundit on MOTD.

Still hate him for the Lennon incident though.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed
  • Like 1

Shearer’s improvement from the nadir or talking about “nobody knowing anything” about Ben Arfa when Newcastle signed him is genuinely pretty impressive.

He obviously wants to be taken seriously as a journalist and to have that ambition after being such an elite level footballer is admirable. 

Not as good camera work as Sky - Stayed on the pitch side camera too long and had 10 minutes of watching Maddison watching the game.

However the commentary and pundits have been a breath of fresh air ...... brilliant interviews by Gaby and entertaining knowledgable punditry