Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Amazon and football - the future?

Amazon and Premier League Football  

329 members have voted

1. 1. How was the quality?

• Excellent
    • Tolerable
    • Toilet
  2. 2. Was there lag?

• Nope
    • Just a smidgen
    • Jarring hell experience
  3. 3. The ability to pick from all matches was great, right?

• Wonderful, just wonderful
    • What? I can watch other matches on a tiny little phone screen too? Why didn't you say!

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If you watch any of yesterdays games on Amazon Prime Video - what did you think?

Picture blurred occasionally throughout the game. Early buffering stopped after about 10 minutes. All in all it was pretty good though and looking forward to tonight 

Watched on a pre installed app on 2 different Toshiba smart TVs, on BT fibre. Flawless picture quality from the moment I opened the stream, no lag, no buffering etc throughout the duration. 

The only time it was shite quality was replaying one of the goals in the app, looked like I had butter smeared over the screen.

All in all, I was quite impressed by their first attempt.

60fps 1080p what was not to like? Anyone complaining of lag, its your connection. Use a hardwired device & you won't have any issues. Just hope the 3pm watershed is gone soon, so many Leicester fans have to turn to IPTV to watch, which is great, but id rather be supporting our club with the money spent on it.

Edited by L3n9a
  • Like 4

Streamed both games (one muted) on a hard wired 30mb speed on my pc and had no problem with either. 

My only concern and its not major as its way better than illegal streams which can be several mins behind, is that it was about 30/40 secs behind actual time. 

Quality was top notch (HD) and no pixelation or buffering. 9/10 for me and hope this is the future

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Streamed both games (one muted) on a hard wired 30mb speed on my pc and had no problem with either. 

My only concern and its not major as its way better than illegal streams which can be several mins behind, is that it was about 30/40 secs behind actual time. 

Quality was top notch (HD) and no pixelation or buffering. 9/10 for me and hope this is the future

This happens with Now TV using the Sky app games always seem to be around 30 or so seconds behind... 

must be something to do with the transmission 

watched on my Samsung smart Tv that has the prime pre-installed. Simple process to set up account and log on (needed to verify via a code sent to website). Picture was fantastic quality, no buffering or anything. This really is the future. Obviously this is their first dip of the toe in the water and once the free trial period is over its a one off payment of £79 per year (monthly options available) and you get other benefits such as music streaming, free delivery on amazon orders and kindle book discounts too. (I should get a job as a sales rep for them LOL). I have no doubt that if they pick up more packages in the next tranche of contracts there will be additional charges like some of their film streams. If the ban on sat 3pm games was lifted this would be brilliant and I would not mind even paying a small pay for view fee (say £5) for the privilege of being able to select those games I want. I object to paying £30+ per month to sky or BT when I only want to watch my own team, who are perhaps only on once a month. I currently use a NOW TV day pass but the cost of this has almost doubled over the last couple of years.

Surely this is the future. They have not gone at it half cock either they seem to have an impressive line up of commentators and pundits (Shearer for eg). I cannot see the Saturday 3pm ban lasting into the next contract period as most games can be found through various dodgy streams (ok so often poor quality and its also illegal) if you have the patience to look and so the FA is losing out on a lucrative market. Also if these games were put out as a franchise TV package, then the companies would not have to spend so much on blocking technology trying to stop us watching and hence could lower their prices (puts up umbrella to protect against falling pig poo)

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Thought the picture was spot on and i thought the comentators were actually pretty decent  and just comentated on what was happening. Only problem i can see is i won't be able to flick through tonights game when i get back home, unless i'm missing something.

You can definitely watch replays. Not sure if that function is only available on the web based version though as I have never tried it on a TV.

Set my Amazon account up on our Samsung tv using the code exactly as urban states he did but we got an error and a message to try again later. I was out and the other half gave up and watched a film via Amazon instead. Hopefully it'll be working fine tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If a multicast system like this were to minimise disruption to kick off times then yeah I'll be behind this. But if kick off times are still going all over the place then it's no improvement for the people that matter.

Exactly this.

I'd be happy for someone to rival Sky, Simon Jordan made a good point on 5live the other day, but not at the expense of worse kick off times. 8:15pm midweek is a joke.

No complaints, worked really well, excellent picture. I watched on my PS4 and also my tablet. Particularly liked the option to rewind on the prime app on my iPad, which also allowed me to check stats and player bios while the game was on. I didn’t seem to have these options through the PS4. 

Very good old though some of the kick off times are concerning, however I prefer 7:30.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Exactly this.

I'd be happy for someone to rival Sky, Simon Jordan made a good point on 5live the other day, but not at the expense of worse kick off times. 8:15pm midweek is a joke.

Realised that the 7.30 and 8.15 K.O times were to minimise the time they were running simultaneously, so someone at home would only have to miss about 30 minutes of the combined 180 minutes. Imagine taking a kid and the game finishing at 10.05 ffs. 

• Like 2

Think there needs to be an option between just a smidgen of lag and a jarring hell experience! It was about 90 seconds for me but not as bad as like jarring hell! 

Anyway, quality was decent in most parts. Didn't pixelate or go blurry too much and when it was good, it was really good. Fairly quick to load up and didn't experience any buffering at all during either match. 

I think tonight might be worse as there are more games so bound to be more people online? 

I watched on TV so would prefer the audio options to be on the screen (commentary/stadium atmosphere). I had to back out of the game and change it on the TV so lost viewing time so to speak. 

It's definitely a good start I think. Hopefully over time any kind of considerable lag can be eradicated. That was the main issue for me.