Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I took it back, I took it all back. His reply to me made me laugh lol

I actually hate the same repetitive miserable stuff coming up as well to be fair, I can't roll my eyes enough when I hear it. I just woke up feeling sassy :D

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I have seen it now, good man. We 3 are generally of the same mind, I was surprised to see disagreement. 

I long to feel sassy again at any point in my life.

Cheers

Amongst last nights medical meltdowns there were a couple of mentions of 'injuries'.

Is it me getting old and forgetting a second one?

Apart from JJ who else got injured?

Dont think we will need Sean or Demi to name the team for saturday .Its already picked subject to JJ injury in which case Amartey comes in.

Trivia thing Gray is at Bayer Leverkuson  named after Bayer chemical .We also have PSV and RB named after companies.There was also one in Welsh footy does anyone have any more proper team names involving companies(I dont mean the Red Lion ,or the bulls head)  ?

5 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Dont think we will need Sean or Demi to name the team for saturday .Its already picked subject to JJ injury in which case Amartey comes in.

Trivia thing Gray is at Bayer Leverkuson  named after Bayer chemical .We also have PSV and RB named after companies.There was also one in Welsh footy does anyone have any more proper team names involving companies(I dont mean the Red Lion ,or the bulls head)  ?

The Welsh one is TNS, isn't it? Without looking it up, I think they were called Total Network Solutions, but changed it to The New Saints.

Aren't there two Red Bull clubs?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Vauxhall Motors 

13 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

The Welsh one is TNS, isn't it? Without looking it up, I think they were called Total Network Solutions, but changed it to The New Saints.

Aren't there two Red Bull clubs?

Three if you count New York as well. Just looked it up, they have a fourth club in Brazil as well.

A lot of the Eastern block clubs (i.e. Dynamo, Locomotive etc) were association/industry teams represented by rail road workers, police etc.

Yokohama Marinos used to be Nissan Motors.

Lots of clubs in Africa are corporate clubs.

20 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Ayoze got a knock on the shin when he collided with their keeper.

Thanks, so there was at least one mention of 'disasterous' injuries, probably from someone who had been slating Perez throughout the match.

That Perez is shit, should haul him off and ..... ooh Perez is injured that's the season ruined.'

12 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Thanks, so there was at least one mention of 'disasterous' injuries, probably from someone who had been slating Perez throughout the match.

That Perez is shit, should haul him off and ..... ooh Perez is injured that's the season ruined.'

It's a lot of effort finding someone new to slag off.

• Like 1

Im sure a few here will remember the old Leicester Senior league where many of  the clubs were industrial/factory based along with the big pubs and boys club old boys.Two of mine were the British United(BU)and Wildts (Wildt mellor bromley) also Jones and Shipman,Wadkin,Banks.Some of these had super pitches with full time groundsman'

Young boys Basel springs to mind.

Weren't Wolfsburg originally a club for workers at Volkwagen?

Wolfsburg itself is a small town, but is where Volkswagen HQ is situated. From what I understand, the entire town was planned as a "factory town" originally was built in the 1930s entirely for Volkswagen workers. Not sure if that's still the case now.

Edited by Sampson

46 minutes ago, dynamark said:

I'd much rather have Albrighton at RB against Liverpool than Amartey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Weren't Wolfsburg originally a club for workers at Volkwagen?

Wolfsburg itself is a small town, but is where Volkswagen HQ is situated. From what I understand, the entire town originally was built in the 1930s entirely for Volkswagen workers. Not sure if that's still the case now.

That is true, the place was almost just empty land I believe until Volkswagen was founded. Many of the homes were built for the workers 

I had a couple of friends fairly senior at Leyland when they were going to collaborate in a factory in China.They went out there and were transported down a six lane highway to a  dead end in the middle of farmland.The host said 'here we build car factory'.Someone asked 'but what about the farmers' and the answer 'you no need to worry about farmers' 

1 minute ago, dynamark said:

I had a couple of friends fairly senior at Leyland when they were going to collaborate in a factory in China.They went out there and were transported down a six lane highway to a  dead end in the middle of farmland.The host said 'here we build car factory'.Someone asked 'but what about the farmers' and the answer 'you no need to worry about farmers' 

Sounds like one of my nights out that does. Got anymore? 

21 hours ago, Koke said:

I'm amazed why more full backs can't play both sides. It's such a great versatility. I can only think of Azpilicueta and Lahm who done it successfully at a high level. 

Maybe in the coming years we will see a huge trend in full backs being equally good on both sides. We've seen inverted wingers and ball playing  goal keepers. Versatile full backs will ne next.

...is this to combat the inverted winger!!!

The way the game has progressed seems to be defining the requirements of a manufactured player in order to combat something new. Good to see the dexterity of our Fullbacks but we can't be looking askew at defenders who can only play on one side.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

As the famous commentary after a TNS victory goes...

"They'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight!"

• Haha 4