Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
danny.

Man City (A) Match Thread

Games like these help to bring some reality.

I envisage a similar result on Boxing day, but if the performance matches today, it may be even worse. 

Get boxing day out of the way and then hopefully manage to dominate some teams again and maintain top 4 position. 

Norwich, Everton and today's performance's have been very below par and could easily be the start of our decline. 

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

United, liverpool, city- we cant get out our own half. They'll be plenty more to come as well. The start has over stated the team. Initial plan was top 6 and in truth that could be the realisation.  

Happy Christmas

• Haha 1

Just now, bfox said:

Not expecting too much, i'm not expecting the boys to goto etihad and win at all :). Not just chilly but there's been a handful of players tonight who've been collectively shit - chillwell has just stood out as one of the worst

Hi Don t Think he was shit..he was up against a Top winger,Left alone to Cover Too much space....

Our midfield to a man were outplayed....Against The champions...!!!

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

Poor set up cost us  

It is not really the set up. Man City were awesome, but:

- we have not developed a way to get out of a high press and involving our midfielders (we can learn from Man City)

- they obviously targeted Chilly and the left side of defence with Mahrez and De Bryune constantly attacking Chilly

- Tielemans has been poor and very loose in possession

- Perez is just damn poor. He needs to be benched after this game for a while and start Albrighton instead

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toddybad said:

We've effectively played 4-5-1. You seriously think that a sight change of personnel would have meant our players wouldn't give every simple pass away? Lose every 50/50? Get passed off the pitch? 

You're living in dreamland.

Are you serious, were not talking simple passes, were talking 'press', however what's the most important thing is when you lose the ball, we were well exposed, why?

This isn't about players all of a sudden just playing shit, Chilwell could not get close to Mahrez, because he has KDB also, but on the other side Sterling and Silva......to be fair excellent tactics by Man City.  They pressed, and we didn't have the right formation or personnel.  Perez is the worst when pressed, Harvey Barnes does not have the capabilities.  All of a sudden the weaknesses are exposed.

The second half is testimony, they go 3 - 1 up and relaxed the press, and KDB sat deeper  and they brought rodri on for silve and guess what, we looked ok.

There is a reason why we won with 2 CDM's last season.

This is simple stuff, I worry about this forum sometimes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Hi Don t Think he was shit..he was up against a Top winger,Left alone to Cover Too much space....

Our midfield to a man were outplayed....Against The champions...!!!

He had a terrible game, failed to stop the crosses coming in, close the space quick enough, misjudged the ball. I'm not talking about the cut backs, passes inside the de bruyne, i'm on about his defensive duties.

Like a game on FIFA. The ball just kept falling to the opposing team. Fair play to them, they pressed incredibly well and were radiculously fast on the counter. 

Mahrez knew Chilly's weakness and exploited it. Barnes and Perez didn't offer the defensive cover we needed. I'd have gone with Albrighton or Preat for Perez and do a Fuchs, Chilly double act on Mahrez. 

Never mind though, we're still second and that in itself is am incredible achievement! Well done lads! 

Midweek game next up isn't it? Who was that against again? :ph34r:

Showed where we’re at...we’re not top 2 in the country but I’ll take 2nd at Xmas. Maddison and full backs shut down, their press didn’t allow us to settle.  Man C played really well.

Enjoy what these guys have given us so far this season.  Team is still learning...we aren’t sure of our best formation and starting XI yet. 

Merry Christmas all.

11 minutes ago, Nathan mcc said:

What would you have done yourself 

Tielemans hasn’t been up to it for a while. Rest him. Barnes is tactically naive. Play hamza with Wilf for a more solid centre. Just leave less space than we did. That space for Mahrez has been there for weeks and city took advantage 

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

No, but I expect us to better than we were today regardless of the opposition.

Bleeding hell are you trying to pick an argument.

I disagree that we would, even at our best, outclass the Billionaires of Manchester City and beat them. 

I disagree that we were bad.  Man City were better. 

We can disagree without falling out. 

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I disagree that we would, even at our best, outclass the Billionaires of Manchester City and beat them. 

I disagree that we were bad.  Man City were better. 

We can disagree without falling out. 

Who's even used the word outclass?

I don't and didn't expect us to match them let along outclass.

Did I expect a match? A better performance than that? Yes.

As I did against Everton (league - despite us winning), as I did against Watford (again, despite us winning) and as I did against Norwich (which we drew).

We're having a great season and we've playing some fantastic stuff but we've not been good enough in the last few games - for the standards we've set ourselves this season for a few games now.

I'll say it again, i'm not gonna sugar coat it.

Edited by Matt

Well that went well. That horrible little rat Mahrez had to score too didn’t he, albeit from a lucky deflection. Midfield was non-existent, Chilly exposed too often. Frustrating and annoying to watch and to lose. Weird feeling losing, I’m really hoping we can take it out on Liverpool on Thursday but it’s going to be difficult. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Who's even used the word outclass?

I don't and didn't expect us to match them let along outclass.

Did I expect a match? A better performance than that? Yes.

As I did against Everton (league - despite us winning), as I did against Watford (again, despite us winning) and as I did against Norwich (which we drew).

We're having a great season and we've playing some fantastic stuff but we've not been good enough in the last few games - for the standards we've set ourselves this season for a few games now.

I'll say it again, i'm not gonna sugar coat it.

You used really disparaging words about our performance. 

I feel this was over the top.  We were outclassed *today* by a team which was better than us, *today*. 

We disagree. 

All good. 

24 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

You used really disparaging words about our performance. 

I feel this was over the top.  We were outclassed *today* by a team which was better than us, *today*. 

We disagree. 

All good. 

I'm sorry my views and honestly are disparaging.

You're quite right we were outclassed, I make no bones about that, We could have done something about it though however - Probably still lost, possibly and probably still been outclassed but it wouldn't have gave me the opportunity to question our performance that was quite frankly awful.

As i've said about all our defeats (All, 3 lol)/poor performances this season is that hopefully we can learn from it, so there is a positive in all this, as long as we do learn from it which i'm sure we will, but we've gotta start stepping up again and getting back to those standards we've set for ourselves.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Are you serious, were not talking simple passes, were talking 'press', however what's the most important thing is when you lose the ball, we were well exposed, why?

This isn't about players all of a sudden just playing shit, Chilwell could not get close to Mahrez, because he has KDB also, but on the other side Sterling and Silva......to be fair excellent tactics by Man City.  They pressed, and we didn't have the right formation or personnel.  Perez is the worst when pressed, Harvey Barnes does not have the capabilities.  All of a sudden the weaknesses are exposed.

The second half is testimony, they go 3 - 1 up and relaxed the press, and KDB sat deeper  and they brought rodri on for silve and guess what, we looked ok.

There is a reason why we won with 2 CDM's last season.

This is simple stuff, I worry about this forum sometimes.

I’m not sure we looked ‘ok’ in the second half at all. Once it went to 3-1 they didn’t need to press because they had possession for the rest of the game. We couldn’t get near them.