Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
danny.

Man City (A) Match Thread

Just now, Matt said:

What's that got to do with the price of cheese?

It's been awful, can I not say that?

I'm not calling for player or the managers heads, but I can surely have the opinion it's been awful, when it has.

Winning away at fellow title contenders is a privilege. Not a right.  

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Including the absolutely woeful second half in the League Cup away at Everton, that's now the third game in a row where we've not been up for it.

And it's Liverpool at home next... Eek.

Something's wrong. Stamina issues? Is Rodgers relying on the same players too often? Success gone to the head?

Yeah but we've gone months without a defeat away, against billionaires so why state facts like these, you bloody idiot...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

And our fans expecting Too much..!!

Not expecting too much, i'm not expecting the boys to goto etihad and win at all :). Not just chilly but there's been a handful of players tonight who've been collectively shit - chillwell has just stood out as one of the worst

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Winning away at fellow title contenders is a privilege. Not a right.  

Winning, losing or even drawing is irrelevant in what i'm saying, we've been awful.

Where have I even alluded to having the opinion we should have won or expected a win here, all i'm saying is we've been poor, awful.

Hey it could should be a learning curve, but I ain't sugar coating it.

Edited by Matt

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But we did that early in the season and looked crap. There is another issue why we don’t turn up.

We look like crap when we play them against slower sides bc they are tripping over one another. Most teams do not pass with the speed and precision of Man City. But styles make fights, and today, it made sense to play two DMs and counterattack. We never had a chance of coming to their house and beating them in a wide-open game. It was wrong to try, it was arrogant to keep the formation even after we scored, and it was downright naive to leave Chilwell out on the left with no protection other than Barnes until he was injured.

Look, there may well have been no way to win today. But at least we didn't need to ignore an obvious problem once the game began and we saw how exposed we were on the left. Just have to learn from it and move fwd.

Edited by vanity

Just now, Matt said:

Winning, losing or even drawing is irrelevant in what i'm saying, we've been awful.

Where have I even alluded to having the opinion we should have won or expected a win here, all i'm saying is we've been poor, awful.

You expect us outclass the Billionaires? 

Really? 

3 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Don't be a twat.

Liverpool and Man City are a different class.

3rd is for the taking.

United, liverpool, city- we cant get out our own half. They'll be plenty more to come as well. The start has over stated the team. Initial plan was top 6 and in truth that could be the realisation.  

Losing to Man City away is no shame, but that was probably our worst performance of the season, especially given we were even one up with a superb finish at one point. The 3-1 scoreline doesn't represent how dominant Man City were. I think only one player played well today, Vardy. Kasper and Ndidi were also decent, but none of our attacking play could get going.

Anyway it's just one game. Let's put it behind us and move on. A top 4 finish and potential cup final would still be an incredible season.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Thanks 1