Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

King Power Stadium Set For Spectacular Light Show

15 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

I bet you all the people who sit during the game offering absolutely nothing will stand through this and really get involved. Almost as if their interaction will make the light show perform better 

Welcome to Mr ignore button ya whiney whinger, you're more depressing than a Xmas episode of EastEnders.

• Like 1

Don't get people moaning at this.

It's not like extra-football entertainment is anything new. Remember all sorts at Filbert Street from Majorettes to Police dog displays to bloody marching bands seemingly competing to see which could provide the highest level of cheesy tedium.

At least this light show effort might actually entertain people and make them think that - who knows - something special is about to happen!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

I bet you all the people who sit during the game offering absolutely nothing will stand through this and really get involved. Almost as if their interaction will make the light show perform better 

I'm going to leave before it finishes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Try finding a chip for the other shoulder, it may make you more balanced.........:santa:

8 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Well if your seat is in K1 like your name suggests you won’t have an issue because from where I sit it appears K1 is mostly empty till the players are doing their walk out anyway 

Edited by jammie82uk

21 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

You don't get it mate, It's obviously not about this one specific light show. 

It's about the slow dilution of the match day experience from a traditional, passionate, raw one to a sterile American version.

If you don't like the clappers don't use them, if you don't like obnoxious, bright, flashing advertising hoarding don't look at them, if you don't like goal music don't dance to it if you don't like the club having pink or black away kits when the club's away kit has been white for over 100 years then grow up etc etc

The only trouble with that attitude is in the blink of eye 10 years has gone by and you can barely recognise the experience from the one your dad introduced to you and you have loved all your life.

The club's traditions are worth complaining about and fighting for. Being proud of your City and creating your own atmosphere not having it piped into the stadium artificially is worth fighting for.

I'm all for tradition as I would say most fans are. Like everyone wants Blue shirts and to stick with the Fox emblem etc. And yes todays match day experience is very different from my first visit to Filbo 30 years ago, as i'm sure 30 years before that it was different still. But like others have stated it's called progress.  If we were still doing exactly the same as 30 years ago we would probably be struggling in Division 4*

Football these days is commercially huge, bigger than anyone could have imagined 30/60 years ago. And to bring in this revenue they need to appeal to a wide range of fans in different ways and the forthcoming light/pyrotechnic show is just one of them.

I'm interested to see what they do with the light show.

Seems a bit OTT to be arguing that one light show equals the fall of a real football experience. Let's face it, that died with all seater stadiums.

Twenty five years ago we had the Foxy Ladies cheerleading before matches. That didn't lead to anything.

The world has changed. We're not going back to fighting on the terraces, coin throwing as a human right or the whole ground singing for long periods. Isn't happening.

So let's enjoy the fact we've got a winning football team and a club ownership that wants to give fans the biggest bang for their buck, even if some of it isn't too everybody's taste.

Edited by Toddybad
  • Like 1

If its what I think it is which is synchronized lights to music then you should ask @henrik_62 as they installed them at Celtic Park when Rodgers was there.

Primarily to ratchet up the atmosphere on Champions and Europa Nights. As if the place needed it. Sounds like a crazyhouse on the tv.

all Brendan's fault :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

If its what I think it is which is synchronized lights to music then you should ask @henrik_62 as they installed them at Celtic Park when Rodgers was there.

Primarily to ratchet up the atmosphere on Champions and Europa Nights. As if the place needed it. Sounds like a crazyhouse on the tv.

all Brendan's fault :ph34r:

Like I said before no wonder BR is coming out asking for fans to get behind the team, he's come from the most atmospheric ground in the UK to one of the least atmospheric, given that we're doing so well it must be a bit of a shock to him to have a stadium so quiet.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Sounds like you are fighting against the world changing.

It's no different to your parents telling you that it wasn't like this in his day.

Good work stereotype grandad.

I am currently fighting to remove the heating element from my rear windscreen as it's not the same as scraping ice from the inside of my car.

Bloody change. 

I have already done mine and I haven't looked back!

• Haha 3

Miserable bastards make me laugh. Some lights. Probably cried when they introduced the back pass rule. The atmosphere at the city is dire as often as it's great so don't start that either. It's easy getting plaudits  for atmosphere when you win the league and play in the champions League. Not so much when you field 7 right backs against Plymouth. It's some lights. Stop crying. 

• Like 1