Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Match Thread

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Praet out with illness

3 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Or on his way? I hope not!

Hopefully all just a bit of squad rotation for a busy January. If it's all a bit difficult for us to figure out, how much more tricky for Bruce?

He's ill

My first thought was Chilwell on the wing but a back 3 makes sense too. Either way, it's a good line up. 

I'm pretty sure Newcastle play a back 3 so 2 strikers is the only real option but I 5hink this is good for Ian. His confidence is coming back and i think he will respond well to a run in the team. 

Will be trying to watch this one at 33,000 feet.  This airline WiFi is fast enough for FT but I don’t know about streaming. I may be “watching” this one through comments here :claude:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

My first thought was Chilwell on the wing but a back 3 makes sense too. Either way, it's a good line up. 

I'm pretty sure Newcastle play a back 3 so 2 strikers is the only real option but I 5hink this is good for Ian. His confidence is coming back and i think he will respond well to a run in the team. 

He will be on the wing. As a wing back. 

Just now, KingsX said:

Will be trying to watch this one at 33,000 feet.  This airline WiFi is fast enough for FT but I don’t know about streaming. I may be “watching” this one through comments here :claude:

Live commentary on Talkshite on internet

• Thanks 1

i have been asking for us to play 3-5-2 for a while... admittedly with Vardy in the side and Morgan instead of Fuchs. 

however i’m excited about having two central strikers AND maddison in there....

let’s see how it goes!

Maybe he was worried about Carroll, he does tend to like an extra defender for lumps up front!

Though I have always liked 3-5-2, ever since MON’s time!

Edited by Phube
  • Like 1

He has gone with the idea of Fuchs and Chilwell together

be interesting to see how that pans out

I would imagine if does not then back to the two wingers it will be,

Newcastle at set peices is a concern today with the team being quite short.

Just now, Phube said:

Maybe he was worried about Carroll, he does tend to like an extra defender for lumps up front!

Back three’s are great against lumps like Carrol. They tend to come unstuck against three mobile strikers, I.E Liverpool.