Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

City 1-1 Villa - Post Match

24 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Kavanagh is really shit and incosistent isn't he....? How can Grealish get a freekick every single time he falls and Ricardo can't buy one for his life? 

Fair play Villa. That was a decent parked bus that one. We need more quality from our main guys to penetrate busses like that.  

He’s by far the worst ref in the league. 

• Like 2

Did I imagine this formation got us a 3-0 at Newcastle last week ?

Brendan got his player selection wrong leaving hamza out ...... that’s all ...

Those suggesting we play a right footed winger as a left wing back is very odd ......we only have Chilwell or Justin (cos he has a decent weak foot) who can play there. 

we made enough openings to get a win ...... can’t believe people think Ben should just lob crosses in from the left .... who the hell to against their back three - how many corners did we chuck in ?  How many chances did they create ? 

the secret against a deep block is to work the ball and get in behind or slip players in down the side of the Cb’s as we did couple, occasions second half .....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Nope, they'll stick 11 men and the ref behind the ball If tonight is anything to go by. Genuinely the worst team I've seen this season in both games and I include the 9-0 against Southampton. They are utterly horrible to watch, horrible shit tactics, wasting time, cheating, diving and just complete shithousery. Didnt think anyone could be as bad as Burnley but they actually are. Sooner they **** off back to the championship the better. 

They got a result though. They have to play with what they have, can’t fault their tactics for me. Apart from grealish who is just basically a cheat. 

WTF is happening with Youri? He’s been ****ing awful for ages recently and it’s starting to concern me. Seems more than ‘bad form’?

Hes the biggest reason we have struggled recently in some games, he’s very slow and lethargic on the ball. We got over run by Man City and Liverpool and he’s the main reason imo.

Hamza needs to be starting from now on over praet too until Ndidi is back. The more I see Praet play , the more I think he’s very average and doesn’t offer much.

I have to say on a positive note how good Nacho has been this season, he looks like a new player! Absolutely dangerous every time he’s on, brings Vardy into the game more and can always rely on his finishing.

I think we should start him up top with Vardy more often especially in bigger games, it would stop the constant flow of pressure and give us outlets.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

They got a result though. They have to play with what they have, can’t fault their tactics for me. Apart from grealish who is just basically a cheat. 

Yep they will be happy with the result, and I know they had a lot of injuries, but the constant time wasting, diving, cheating and pure shithousery is horrible to watch. And they were even worse in the league game. They are the worst team in the league for me. Norwich are bottom but actually try to play football to be fair to them. Villa really are just trash. 

• Thanks 1

Next leg Id play:

Kasper

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chillwell

Hamza Ndidi Youri

Maddison

Vardy Nacho

Think with this we would get lots of chances and bit of everything in midfield, brings the best out of Madders with 2 to play it into up top.

it always gives us energy in the middle with Hamza and Ndidi.

youri could also get more on the ball and less defensive duty with those 2 with him.

If Ndidi isn’t fit for then Praet in for him.

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Next leg Id play:

Kasper

Hamza Ndidi Youri

Maddison

Vardy Nacho

Think with this we would get lots of chances and bit of everything in midfield, brings the best out of Madders with 2 to play it into up top.

youri could also get more on the ball and less defensive duty with those 2 with him.

Hamza and Ndidi in the same team? :dunno:

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Hamza and Ndidi in the same team? :dunno:

Yeah it would work ok if we had it with Youri and Madders in the hole too.

It only doesn’t work if it’s in a 4 4 2 like under Puel because it’s too static and no forward balls but with Youri there too it would be balanced and with 2 up top we would get space.

The only issue might be bit narrow but I feel too often recently we are poor at 0-0. Then go behind and then spend the whole time trying to brake down 10 men on their box.

Think with this formation teams would fear us and if they fancy attacking us we would punish them.

Too often recently we have not played well at 0-0 and took a kick up the arse for us to try

3 minutes ago, shailen_patel4 said:

Anyone know how the fight started?

Was actually hilarious! One kid who had clearly had a few too many stood up and started a chant which was basically a mishmash of words. Then another guy thought he was a villa fan so stood up and told him to shut up. First guys mates all stand and give the "come on then" thinking he's a villa fan. They run down the stairs and the guy comes out from his row and all hell breaks loose. Basically they both thought the other were villa fans. :giggle:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Next leg Id play:

Kasper

Hamza Ndidi Youri

Maddison

Vardy Nacho

Ndidi will be out until Feb, I think.

25 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Still make us favourites for the second leg. But it's so frustrating we couldn't put these away.

So dissapointing for a first cup semi final in 20 years :unsure:

we are still huge favourites. about 1/3 currently to go through. this is why there's no need to panic, this was always the much tougher part of the tie as far as i am concerned. they actually have to do something in the second leg and i am not sure they are a) good enough to do anything and b) good enough to stop us doing a lot more damage when they do go for it. 

the atmosphere will be great i'd assume and that will be in their favour, but we should be able to pick them off. they don't have a fu cking striker ffs. 

• Like 4