Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

City 1-1 Villa - Post Match

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

First post I've read where someone has been honest instead of just saying Villa did well.

Villa didn't do well, they just dived all game. We should be taking responsibility for our poor performance and team selection.

That is not right for me. If you think Mings did not do well, then I barely know what too say. Come on, he did.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Some really poor performances tonight. 

Chilwell was poor.

Perez was non existent. 

Maddison was frustrated. 

Tielemans was dreadful.

All credit to villa though, they defended brilliantly and  got what they came for, the tie is still alive. 

Agree with the rest, but Perez had a good game  and seemed to be the biggest threat in the first half

• Like 3

Genuinely perplexed by what formation we were trying to play. If you have three in the centre at the back then you'd expect Chilwell and Ricardo to motor down the flanks more as genuine wing backs. But they were often stayed out wide but were stationary.  When Chilwell did go forward, his inclination was to pass backwards. Rodgers got our tactics a tad wrong I felt. 

Tielemans was slow in thought and deed but in his (slight) defence there was little attacking movement ahead of him. 

All said though, I think we have enough to win the second leg outright in 90. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

I would have left Praet on and taken Tielemans off as I thought Praet was playing well. I also think this game highlighted the huge difference between our LWB. and our RWB we need a left sided  Ricky . Thought Pérez was good and I actually thought when they were bringing Nacho on he was going to score which is a nice feeling to have for a change . 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Enough with giving referees responsibility for managing the clock.

3 minutes of stoppage time at the end of the game is absolutely absurd. Whether we looked like scoring or not is irrelevant, we’re being short-changed.

glad someone else said it seen as i comment on it in most games. there was a good minute alone just for their fella having a cut lip. add to that that someone got booked for timewasting with 20 minutes to go, 6 subs, a goal, and just general stoppages in play i don't think 6 minutes would've been unrealistic. 

they could've scored in injury time, we could've scored in injury time, who knows. but we can't just keep adding 3 or 4 minutes onto games because it has been the norm for 25 years when the game has lost about 10 minutes of play in a half. 

• Like 2

You can't blame teams coming to us and parking the bus, we need to learn how to break teams that shut up shop, that's one of our biggest problems, we seem to have two modes exceptional or dire.   I'm just glad away goals don't count 😂

Edited by southfox66

3 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Kavanagh is really shit and incosistent isn't he....? How can Grealish get a freekick every single time he falls and Ricardo can't buy one for his life? 

Fair play Villa. That was a decent parked bus that one. We need more quality from our main guys to penetrate busses like that.  

Before their goal Ricardo was taken out by their left wing back. He fairly waved play on but failed to even book the bloke. 

• Like 2

Brendan has probably forgotten more than I know about football. But just wish he'd not forgotten that a proper defensive midfielder should be the first name on any team sheet regardless of any opposition or any system adopted. Hopefully Hamza’s second half showing will have reinforced this opinion.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1