Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

City 1-1 Villa - Post Match

Well done to the west Midlands bus parkers their gameplan worked.

I'm confident we'll go to villa park and win though.

Chilwell, Tielemans and Maddison all had stinkers. Still unconvinced by Praet. 

Credit to Iheanacho and Hamza who both did brilliantly when they came on.

• Like 2

Youri looked much much better once Choudhury was on. Based on first half performance I was surprised it was Praet and not him who got taken off, but it was the right decision. Youri seemed caught in two minds about going forward or staying back first half. We need to make sure he's freed up to be creative or it nullifies him.

Got to say, fair play to Villa - they had a game plan and stuck to it. Mings immense and their keeper had a blinder. On another day we win it 3-1 with the shots on target we had.

On to Villa Park.

• Like 4

Frustrating night, but not the end of the world.

Honestly think it will suit us more in the 2nd leg at Villa Park, surely they’ll have to be a little more expansive and should be a bit more space to play.

Some really poor performances though. Chilwell was absolutely awful, Tielemans been poor for a while now and Perez offered little.

Still haven't found a way to play in these types of games. Will be the same for every home game apart from Man City and Chelsea for rest of the season. 

Chilwell not creative enough for a wing back. Needed Barnes to run at them and take them on.

We matched them and played into their hands. 

Fancy us to win there though. 

Started well, middle was crap, finished well. 

Like us at theirs, Villa had a good game plan blocking the middle and defending deep. There was no space for anyone do anything creative so we could only pump it into the box; easy peasy for Mings and it makes him look amazing. 

A good thing to see was they tired after all the defending. Maybe we need to let them have the ball more so we can exploit some space at least. Everything to play for.

Also this feels exactly like a play off semi final and I bloody hate it lol

• Like 1

They defended superbly to be honest, and rightly so trying to defend their lead, have no idea why uncle brendan didnt take off a cb for nacho though and leave perez on, felt he was having a cracking game, looks so much better in the centre, praet played well, hamza was hamza when he came on, what i would like to see change though is the aimless crossing into the box, i get at times it feels like we wont break teams down but every single cross into their box was greeted by their cbs, they will all have migraines with the amount of headers they cleared, their keeper made some cracking reaction saves, as much as we dominated possesion i feel the draw is a fair result to be honest, im rarely one to criticise refs but kavanagh really is attrocious, the way the sky coverage are up villas arse though is incredible, the way they are going on you would have thought they beat us 5-0 😂

• Like 4

Brendan's had an absolute shocker tonight.

First semi-final in 20 years, chance to get to Wembley. We have Barnes, Albrighton and Gray in this squad. Yet he decides to experiment with Chilwell, a player with no ability, as a winger. That is unbelievable, I'm struggling to find the words to explain how bad an idea that is. It's unforgivable if we don't get to Wembley. What on earth was he thinking? You could tell the crowd was fed up of him cutting back onto his right every single time (despite not being able to use his right-foot!) rather than trying to take his man on or cross.

We clearly have 2 weak links in this squad - Chilwell and Perez. Neither have any footballing ability and should be nowhere near this team. I mean Rodgers has done a great job overall but his bizarre answers to a winger problem that doesn't exist threatens to ruin all the hard work we've put in. What has he got against Albrighton and Gray? Barnes has had a few poor games but Perez and Chilwell make him look like Robben.

This is a horrible Villa side who don't know how to do anything but fall over, and we've handed them a confidence boosting draw before the 2nd leg. We should be smashing a team that poor. That's a few big matches recently where we've just not got going at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Spineless and no ability whatsoever.

Cant defend, can’t pass, and chooses constantly to put the ball by choice on his right foot when he’s left footed ffs.

Rodgers ****ed up big time again; why leave him on when he was a complete liability from start to finish?

If Man City/Chelsea come in we'd be daft not to cash in

last 6 weeks while the pressing  liverpool aside and workate has been there, the sharp link up of earlier in the season seems to have drifted away.

Without a week on the training ground that is going to be hard to get right, hopefully after saturday Rodgers will be able to work on that.

Vardy will have to be managed  with his game time like any 32 year old he is going to need rests and breaks.