Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wardyfox86

City 1-1 Villa - Post Match

Disappointed in Rodgers, think we drew despite his tactics tonight. 

Not enough men in the box and did not need 3 cbs on. We should have won that tonight.

Massively lacked width and the 2 wing bscks kept coming narrow to compensate for the lack of attackers.

Poor.

Dont blame the players at all. Tielemans was disappointing but I think we were stifled by not having enough men up against their back 6

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Kavanagh is really shit and incosistent isn't he....? How can Grealish get a freekick every single time he falls and Ricardo can't buy one for his life? 

Don't think he has ever given us a 50/50 in any game. The amount of Big decisions that have gone against us with him in the past make you wonder. 

His pandering to Grealish tonight was pathetic, made it all the better that one of the free kicks for Grealish going down like a sack of spuds led to our goal. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sishades said:

BR on Radio L. saying exactly what is being said on this forum. 

Then why does he constantly try and re-invent the wheel after we have a couple of good performances? He seems to out tactic himself if that makes sense? He’s such a good manager yet so ****ing frustrating sometimes. I’d love to just sit down with him and say TRUST YOURSELF WHEN YOU GET IT RIGHT, trust your players for Christ sake the game doesn’t always have to boil down to systems and formations, you can win a game of football simply by just being the better ****ing side and imposing yourself on the game! 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 3

Honestly, that serves us right for underestimating them on here, the predictions of 4-0 and play a weakended team in the second leg were embarrassing. They came here and gave a good account of themselves and were unlucky, the perfect away performance.

Tielemans was awful, he needs dropping, we talked about how we had too many CM options but Ndidi injured and Tielemans out of form and we look thin in CM already. Hamza can cover for Ndidi till he's fit again, he's more than good enough. Chilwell was just as bad, why doesn't he ever overlap and take his man on? There were times he just stood there, needs to seriously improve. Fair play to Rodgers for sticking Hamza on at HT to cover our defence too, but I don't understand why we didn't play our usual 433 or the diamond that worked so well the last time we played. Why doesn't he keep messing with our system? In the first half we had no-one in the space on many occasions.

On another night that could have been 2-0 to us, but it quite easily could have been 2-0 to Villa tonight, we go again at their place and it's a winner takes all match there, which means they can't just sit back for 90 minutes.

Iheanacho deserves a special mention too, was slagged off on here by many (including myself) but has been a different player this season since coming back into the fold and scored some cruicial goals for us. If we're gonna play 2 up top then it should be him and Vardy, not Perez and Vardy.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

Just now, Kopfkino said:

Don't think he has ever given us a 50/50 in any game. The amount of Big decisions that have gone against us with him in the past make you wonder. 

His pandering to Grealish tonight was pathetic, made it all the better that one of the free kicks for Grealish going down like a sack of spuds led to our goal. 

League record with Kavanagh is 10 points from 11 games. 

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Then why does he constantly try and re-invent the wheel after we have a couple of good performances. He seems to our tactic himself if that makes sense? He’s such a good manager yet so ****ing frustrating sometimes. I’d love to just sit down with him and say TRUST YOURSELF WHEN YOU GET IT RIGHT, trust your players for Christ sake the game doesn’t always have to boil down to systems and formations, you can win a game of football simply by just being the better ****ing side and imposing yourself on the game! 

your so ****ing right!

30 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Thought Perez looked good. 

I don't like this formation though with Chilwell. 

I'm a lot more confident we'll score with Iheanacho on the pitch. And if I have to choose between the two I'd go for Ian.

Chilwell was abysmal and Tielemans just as bad, both their form since early December has been poor. I question if a performance like this is going to lead to another system change, it kind of feels like we're moving away from having the go to reliable system which when performances and/or results are mixed then it brings indecision. 

We have been quite mediocre at home now for several games, teams have found a brief way of stunting us and we really need to go and get another winger this month, I still think 4-1-4-1 is our best system at home and from somewhere we need some end product from our wingers, especially given that playing Chilwell as a wing back basically means having zero attacking threat from one side of the pitch when he's in this form. 

A draw might suit us slightly better going to Villa Park as we have to take the game to them again and if they go a goal down they will get anxious. 

Iheanacho and Choudhury were superb. Kelechi is now becoming as reliable a player as we've got, he grafts, he's got belief and composure and is a stunning finisher.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Frustrating evening. You'd normally expect to win with 70% possession and 20 shots but Villa came and did a job on us. There keeper played really well in only his second appearance for them.

No drama though. Still fancy us to go through.

Can't believe only 6 of them were on target. Loads of them were goalward bound before hitting a defender (usually Mings). Is it only "on target" if the goalie saves it?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Kelechi is now becoming as reliable a player as we've got, he grafts, he's got belief and composure and is a stunning finisher.

Yep. He’s like a new signing at the minute. He took his goal like a player with a bit of confidence and swagger about him. Fair ****s to the lad he’s getting his form and career back on track. 

• Like 2

Guest BlueBrett

Man that match thread almost made me nostalgic for when we were shit.

I remember a few years ago 'delusions of grandeur' was everyone's favourite insult. Hate to say it but feels like it's creeping in to our fan-base. It's like people expect us to be 3 up by half time every week.

We we far from our best but aside from an iffy ten mins after their goal we completely dominated. Anyone who knows anything about football understands it's bloody difficult to find a way through a well drilled side with 11 men behind the ball. No appreciation here of that blindingly obvious fact though, people would rather start calling all our players shit and making brainless 'tactical' remarks about moving it forward quicker or whatever other nonsensical dumb shit people were coming out with when we were literally camped in their half and they were just keeping shape in front of us. 

28 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Brendan's had an absolute shocker tonight.

First semi-final in 20 years, chance to get to Wembley. We have Barnes, Albrighton and Gray in this squad. Yet he decides to experiment with Chilwell, a player with no ability, as a winger. That is unbelievable, I'm struggling to find the words to explain how bad an idea that is. It's unforgivable if we don't get to Wembley. What on earth was he thinking? You could tell the crowd was fed up of him cutting back onto his right every single time (despite not being able to use his right-foot!) rather than trying to take his man on or cross.

We clearly have 2 weak links in this squad - Chilwell and Perez. Neither have any footballing ability and should be nowhere near this team. I mean Rodgers has done a great job overall but his bizarre answers to a winger problem that doesn't exist threatens to ruin all the hard work we've put in. What has he got against Albrighton and Gray? Barnes has had a few poor games but Perez and Chilwell make him look like Robben.

This is a horrible Villa side who don't know how to do anything but fall over, and we've handed them a confidence boosting draw before the 2nd leg. We should be smashing a team that poor. That's a few big matches recently where we've just not got going at all.

Perez has been great last few games. 

Rodgers is stubborn, as we found out early season, and again lately. Nevertheless, we just battered a team for shots, shots on target, and possession, and with a sharper Vardy, luckier Maddison or a longer burst of Iheanacho we’d have won comfortably. 

Not that I’m not annoyed by the outcome, but it’s not quite the end of all things as you seem to think.

Like many others on here I'm worried about Tielemans. Fabulous vision, great ball control but he lacks pace. His gait seems awkward. Also, without Ndidi beside him in the first half his limitations were further exposed. A little reminiscent of how important Kante was to Drinkwater. Hamza must play while Ndidi is out injured. We looked so much better in the second half and he played a huge part in turning things around. His energy and enthusiasm breaking up the play was superb. His distribution is also improving considerably. And a shout out to Nacho; his clinical finish still leaves us in the box seat for the return at Villa Park.

16 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Only half time and they can’t stick 10 behind the ball at home surely.

Nope, they'll stick 11 men and the ref behind the ball If tonight is anything to go by. Genuinely the worst team I've seen this season in both games and I include the 9-0 against Southampton. They are utterly horrible to watch, horrible shit tactics, wasting time, cheating, diving and just complete shithousery. Didnt think anyone could be as bad as Burnley but they actually are. Sooner they **** off back to the championship the better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1