Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

On 13/02/2020 at 16:57, Costock_Fox said:

We should have a sweepstake as to who the first person on here is to contract it.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Funnily enough, I'm back in the UK for a few days, but headed back there next week.

We have a new front runner 

• Haha 1

I was at work this week and on Tuesday we were dispatched to a suspected case of Coronavirus in Loughborough. Only one member of the crew has contact with the patient and he/she has to wear full PPE which is a full cover respirator hood, a full Tylex suit (as you see on CSI) shoe covers and double latex gloves. The driver has to stay in the cab with the windows open and the air-con on vent (not recycle) and the air-con in the back has to be set on extract.

The LRI has a specific area away from the main A&E where such cases are seen initially. This was the first time they had a suspected case of the virus although subsequently it was confirmed not be Coronavirus. It was a bit scary, I have to say.

• Like 3

In fact, coach drivers don't wear personal protection, even when the corona virus 'suspects' are on board. Wearing it poses a danger to the drivers' ability to drive safely, according to the government. It strikes me that they are indeed immune (or expendable)!

Just now, String fellow said:

In fact, coach drivers don't wear personal protection, even when the corona virus 'suspects' are on board. Wearing it poses a danger to the drivers' ability to drive safely, according to the government. It strikes me that they are indeed immune (or expendable)!

What do you do for work pal?

6 minutes ago, String fellow said:

So you're saying that the only way to not catch it is to become a bus driver?

27 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Perhaps I'm in a minority of one here, but I was asked to drive a coach full of folk perhaps infected with a potentially deadly respiratory virus without me being given any protective clothing to wear, the answer would be no.

Time and a half?

Sense of adventure?

Want to still have a job tomorrow?

etc.

49 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Perhaps I'm in a minority of one here, but I was asked to drive a coach full of folk perhaps infected with a potentially deadly respiratory virus without me being given any protective clothing to wear, the answer would be no.

Modern day equivalent of this chap;

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

That's what the driver of coach one with fox travel said but he still does it for a free ticket, coffee and pie.

So North Korea quarantines 390 foriegners in a nation with no current cases. Whilst on one border is the nation with the second largest out break South Korea and another border with the country of origin China. Definitely nothing to see here!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51609360?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cywd23g0gz5t/north-korea&link_location=live-reporting-story