Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

4 minutes ago, nnfox said:

My dad lives in Spain.  They've had notice that from 11pm tonight helicopters will be spraying their town with disinfectant!  Nobody is allowed out, nothing is allowed to move.

Where in Spain is this?

Seeing all these stories roll into the BBC about people not knowing wtf to do with the schools closing should paint a fairly vivid picture on why the government was trying to hold out on shutting them. Sunak has got some serious work for tomorrow I think.

• Like 2

Some of these tank videos have the tanks on vehicles who are driving on the wrong side of the road. And there was a video of of people in uniform on twitter with people saying the army have been deployed: it turned out they were in cadet uniforms :crylaugh:

I do think there's a chance it might happen. But I doubt we'll be seeing tanks on the street. The government will be able to say: we asked you to stop panic buying and avoid public places and you ignored us, so we have no choice.  

Plus I think from Monday we'll be seeing kids everywhere. I walked home from work today; it's at most 2 miles. I saw about 10 people: 3 of them were groups of teenagers smoking pot.

Edited by Guesty
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Thommo said:

Where in Spain is this?

Somewhere around Torrevieja.  Also saying they're allowed out once per day to go to a shop.  The shop is operating one out, one in and gloves and masks must be worn. Takes a long time to buy a loaf of bread!

The problem with bringing the military onto the streets is that it could cause friction and rebellion. Far better to have the people commit to the regulations through their own decision rather than force. Times like this you need the public onside as to cause conflict, especially when things could get tense in the near future, would be a disaster. 

They only way they should be used is to help and assist.

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Seeing all these stories roll into the BBC about people not knowing wtf to do with the schools closing should paint a fairly vivid picture on why the government was trying to hold out on shutting them. Sunak has got some serious work for tomorrow I think.

Send them to stay with elderly relatives obviously.

Creating a situation we had so far managed to avoid.

23 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

The problem with bringing the military onto the streets is that it could cause friction and rebellion. Far better to have the people commit to the regulations through their own decision rather than force. Times like this you need the public onside as to cause conflict, especially when things could get tense in the near future, would be a disaster. 

They only way they should be used is to help and assist.

Agree. Amongst other things, the army should be doing good Samaritan work. Delivering meals on wheels (does that still exist?) to old folk. Assisting cleaning and bed changes at hospital. Aiding temporary mortuaries and triage centres.

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Agree. Amongst other things, the army should be doing good Samaritan work. Delivering meals on wheels (does that still exist?) to old folk. Assisting cleaning and bed changes at hospital. Aiding temporary mortuaries and triage centres.

And keeping ze Germans out

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Send them to live with Uncle Ernie.

17 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Bought a few bottles of silver tequila.

Pretty sure that's the cure!

Depends .... if it's over 70% proof then yes it's fine as a hand sanitiser.

Any less ... then sorry .... no good for hand washing .... you're gonna' have to drink it. 

Silver Tequila .... I'd suggest sipping neat ... shame!

:yesyes:

• Like 1

They know the restrictions they are going to put out well in advance of them telling us. 

They have forecasts for what the deaths will be, so they drip feed us with the bad news, so it’s easier for the masses to come to terms with it bit by bit. Also limits the panic.

So if we are to have a full lockdown like other countries, it’s already decided, as is the days they will announce it and the steps they will put in in between. 

I think they will look at the bog roll situation and think if we are irrationally stock piling that, giving us big steps to take in one go will cause absolute carnage. 

You wait until the warm weather, guarantee bbq coal and firefighters will be hoarded with only the grabbers being able to enjoy a bbq. 

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc

The only silver lining that can come from all of this would be allowing us to appreciate things more when/if everything returns to normal. From seeing friends and family, to going out for a pint and to going to the football. All things we have taken for granted. 

I do feel for small businesses, and the effects it could have on those. Hopefully we can come back stronger and can come out of it more caring and grateful. 

It's an impossible situation for all Governments around the world

People will lose their jobs.

People will lose their houses.

People will lose their lives.

What lies ahead is frightening.

It's the biggest challenge of our lifetimes.

The world is having a reset.

Keep calm and good luck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

On a similar note, it's darkly humourous to see all the Twitter posts from parents trying to make routines/homeschool their kids and the seemingly newfound appreciation they have for what teachers do because of it.

The people who know they might get very ill might well stay in isolation as it's a must for their health but you can bet most healthy 70s year olds won't be doing any such thing unless forced too..

They might do it for a week or so but not 12 - just when the weather is improving too.