Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I think given the amount of hours doctors and nurses, like yourself who are doing an amazing job, should have some priority in times like this to get what they need. 

If the previous stockpiling by the selfish members of public hadn't happened then I wouldn't be saying it. Because everyone would get what they need. 

Shoppers need to understand that if they only took what they only need then supermarkets wouldn't have to go to these measures. 

I can understand NHS workers taking extra in times like this. That may sound contradictory but given the current chaos they may not know when they can next get a chance to shop. A normal member of public is more likely to get a choice of hours or days to go. NHS staff may not... 

I think it needs to be clinical and housekeeping/portering etc staff only, a lot of the people there this morning were admin staff looking at their badges, of which there are thousands in the NHS. A lot of them arnt even coming into the hospitals at the moment.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I mean, what the ****?!

But you're allowed to go to the park. Unless they've all gone in one big group no one person is doing anything wrong. So who decides when it becomes too many people or who can and cant go?

Also Richmond Park is ****ing massive. Thousands being in there isn't the same as thousands cramming onto a beach or a normal park.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I know it's nice weather, and pubs, restaurants etc are closed, but why the public outings, I haven't seen so many families walking etc on the streets since primarks boxing day sale.

I’ve just sat in my back garden for three hours, utter bliss 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

So, I'm an NHS worker. My last shift before the NHS only hour, started at 5:30 am and I finished at 7:15 pm. By that time there was nothing left that I needed. No bread, eggs, milk, detergent, ham, fresh meat. Even the tortilla wraps were all gone. I could have bought a ton of easter eggs, mind you.

Yesterday morning I went to Tesco with my ID and I bought, 2 loaves of bread, 2 pints of milk, a packet of rice and a packet of cereals as well as some cooked meat a chicken and a couple of pasties. There was nothing else I needed so I didn't buy anything else. Yes it was busy with other NHS staff as you'd expect, but I didn't see anyone buying more than they needed. The store worker said the would restock as soon as possible before the general public started to arrive, although there was already a queue of them as I left.

You guys are legit heros.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I'm happy it worked for you, definitely not what I saw today though. Like I said below, I think it needs to be confined to clinical/housekeeping/portering etc staff, I am sure a huge amount of the people there today were admin.

Good luck to you and thanks for what you are doing along with everyone else in your situation.

Surely the answer is to draft in the military to set a regular at home delivery service for all those in your position who surely could do without having to go shopping right now. Our armed forces are very good at logistics surely this wouldn't be impossible for them. Admin staff should have a more limited service available,

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I can understand NHS workers taking extra in times like this. That may sound contradictory but given the current chaos they may not know when they can next get a chance to shop. A normal member of public is more likely to get a choice of hours or days to go. NHS staff may not... 

Sorry Stan I totally disagree ...   there should be no exceptions ...   take what you need and don’t stockpile whatever your occupation ...  then the problem doesn’t exist.   Giving NHS workers their own slot and rigorously enforcing ‘fair shopping’ (only two items or whatever for everyone), as best we can, is the way to go.

15 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

But you're allowed to go to the park. Unless they've all gone in one big group no one person is doing anything wrong. So who decides when it becomes too many people or who can and cant go?

Also Richmond Park is ****ing massive. Thousands being in there isn't the same as thousands cramming onto a beach or a normal park.

Do you watch the news? Or listen to any thing people have helpfully posted on here? I'm genuinely interested 

Guest Markyblue

The nhs special shopping hour, what ever job they do in the hospital they will still be working unlike a huge majority of other people,  they need a dedicated time, they wont be sat at home all day. 

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Sorry Stan I totally disagree ...   there should be no exceptions ...   take what you need and don’t stockpile whatever your occupation ...  then the problem doesn’t exist.   Giving NHS workers their own slot and rigorously enforcing ‘fair shopping’ (only two items or whatever for everyone), as best we can, is the way to go.

I said in times like this. As to where it's got to. 

I also said I wouldn't advocate any kind of differing hours if everyone hadn't stockpiled :dunno:

Surely the obvious way to service the grocery needs for NHS staff is for them to state what they want, and let deliveries bring it to the hospital/designated location?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brucey said:

If anyone is wondering how asymptomatic footballers are getting tested - this is apparently how. 
£120 per test. Can’t vouch personally about how legit/accurate it is, if anyone’s considering it.

https://www.randoxhealth.com/product/coronavirus-covid-19-home-testing-kit/

Various places reselling these and profiteering massively.

67072EE7-7847-4B63-A40E-CF64A8FF6FE0.jpeg

Absolute CVNT of our time.

• Like 1

Charnwood Borough Council have closed Outwoods as too many people visited yesterday. It's tough. People want to do stuff, they want to leave the house, and being outside is fine, but we just can't trust people to be sensible. If they are arriving at a park and it looks busy they should wait or go home, but they obviously aren't.

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Do you watch the news? Or listen to any thing people have helpfully posted on here? I'm genuinely interested 

Yes and yes. My partner is a doctor so we have barely talked about anything else in the last month. What about what I said warrants your condescending attitude?

You are allowed to go to the park. The people in the footage doing group bike rides who are sitting around chatting shouldn't really be doing so, but for all you know the vast majority of people in the park may be distancing and taking precautions as appropriate.

20 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

In a major dilemma now, I foster a child who qualifies to go to nursery as a “vulnerable child”. Initially I was quite relieved as it would have been extremely difficult for me and my partner to work from home with him (a very very needy 2 year old lol).

Also we don’t have much money so having him in nursery would be ideal from the perspective too. However now I’m worried that I’ll be putting him (and everyone in the family) at risk by letting him go to nursery.

In theory at the rate the virus is spreading it is feasible he could contract it somehow at nursery. I’m struggling to weigh it up, is anyone else in the same boat?

Going to sound a bit blunt here, so I apologise in advance.

But if you have any capability to care for your child, even if it makes working from home tricky, then please, please keep them at home. We've been making it very clear at our school, to parents of key workers, that our care service is literally a last resort for if you cannot provide childcare in any other way, and even, we'll only cover the hours that are absolutely needed. If you only work Mon - Thurs, then your child should not be in on the Friday.

Every extra child in school will greatly increase the risk that not only they, but the other children, staff, and parents of those children will get it (and those will be the parents providing those key jobs). You'll be putting you and your child* at unnecessary extra risk. I don't know the needs of your child, and maybe they do need care that you can't provide for them at home, but if you have the capability to look after them at home, then please do it.

(*and on a selfish note, also staff. I have a partner with fairly bad asthma so I'd rather not catch it myself)

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 2

Just now, ealingfox said:

Yes and yes. My partner is a doctor so we have barely talked about anything else in the last month. What about what I said warrants your condescending attitude?

You are allowed to go to the park. The people in the footage doing group bike rides who are sitting around chatting shouldn't really be doing so, but for all you know the vast majority of people in the park may be distancing and taking precautions as appropriate.

I wasn't being condescending, as I said it was a serious question. I am genuinely finding it hard to see what people don't understand about social distancing. 

We have been told to keep away from each other yet thousands of people take that to mean go and meet up with your mates down the park and have a good old chat... 

Just because we 'are allowed' to go to the park, do you honestly believe its the morally right thing to do? As I alluded to in an earlier post people seem to need these decisions taken away from them if they can't be trusted to use their own common sense. What a sad state of affairs 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’ve just sat in my back garden for three hours, utter bliss 

Similar experience, I’ve jetwashed the patio down, blocked the drains and spent an hour unblocking them.

edit, watched the mrs jetwashing the patio.

Edited by yorkie1999

Mowed the lawn, cup of tea on the patio, now back inside to check on the last bastion of sense and reason this side of the sea.

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I wasn't being condescending, as I said it was a serious question. I am genuinely finding it hard to see what people don't understand about social distancing. 

We have been told to keep away from each other yet thousands of people take that to mean go and meet up with your mates down the park and have a good old chat... 

Just because we 'are allowed' to go to the park, do you honestly believe its the morally right thing to do? As I alluded to in an earlier post people seem to need these decisions taken away from them if they can't be trusted to use their own common sense. What a sad state of affairs 

And as I said, those sitting around chatting shouldn't really be doing so, even if they did go to the park to do exercise. But how do you know what percentage of people there are doing that?

Anyone in that park who has gone for a walk or jog or cycle or any other exercise on their own or keeping their distance from other people at all times is doing nothing wrong in a legal or moral sense.

What do you understand by social distancing?

Edited by ealingfox