Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

23 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’ll be amazed if we are not in full lock down by the end of the week. I would think it may happen as early as tomorrow.

The guidance for businesses regarding the 80% salary and fur-low workers all being available on Monday and urging business not to do anything until they have seen the grant guidance says to me (just my opinion) that they’ll be announcing soon that people shouldn’t leave their houses unless to buy food like in other countries.

I agree. I've said before the Easter holidays start at the end of this week and we simply cannot afford thousands of people travelling to their 2nd homes, rental cottages etc.

I've been talking with a colleague in Italy and there is a worry there now that the lockdown is simply not working. They are desperately hoping for at least a levelling off starting between 26th and 30th March. If it doesn't work there is no plan B.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

So NHS hour at tesco was absolute pandemonium this morning. How is it fair for NHS workers to strip the shelves before the public can even enter? Plus social distancing? I haven't been in such a crowd of people since the last gig I went to.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Are you taking the piss? 

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Either taking the piss or completely oblivious to what the NHS folk have been able to shop for the last week. :unsure:

Don’t think he’s taking the piss ...   isn’t he an ICU nurse ? ...   I’ve seen them in action on more than one occasion and they have my utmost respect.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Don’t think he’s taking the piss ...   isn’t he an ICU nurse ? ...   I’ve seen them in action on more than one occasion and they have my utmost respect.  

I was going to post earlier that I'm sure he/she works for the NHS but I wondered if I was wrong... 

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

They have my utmost respect as well. Bit of a weird thing to get angry about though? 

36 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It is. And I feel like a bit of a cvnt looking at my early posts on this tbh.

Seems @simFox was right all along :unsure:

Your being a bit hard on yourself.It didn’t take you long to catch up and ever since then your posts have been a mix of concern,personal experience and very much needed humour.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I was going to post earlier that I'm sure he/she works for the NHS but I wondered if I was wrong... 

Fairly sure him and @Parafox are giving us a view of what happened at two different stores during NHS hour ...  both are interesting and valid.

11 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Not really Stan ...   no one should be taking more than they need ...  imo.

I get that. But there seemed to be no sympathy for NHS workers getting first pick and nothing left for the public. As if NHS workers have had ample chance to get anything despite working crazy hours. When they haven't. 

4 hours ago, nnfox said:

I agree with most of this but I do think the government had a strategy from the start and like most plans, has some flexibility built into it.

Boris has done a poor job of communicating.  This is a time of crisis and clear leadership and instruction is needed. Boris has, imo, come up short in this area.

With all that said, if everyone had taken the government's advice around social distancing then maybe we'd be on a different trajectory.  The biggest problem is that we have too many people who believe they have a devine right to do as they please, whatever the circumstance and whatever the cost to others.

Look I Don t like Boris..!! But..

The govt.( Mine now in Germany) with W.H.O.    have gave us the info,if People consider there is some poor info,coming out when Any country's leaders make their daily announcements,there is enough other Infos und documentaries going in through the Various other Media platforms, its..public-dipsticks who in life have to learn,to educated themselves,read between the lines,stop being egoistis and put some thought ,care and awareness into their lives.

The Governments yoyo-output various opinionating,( if any) and chest-thumping, is totally irrelevant.!!!

We have NOW around the World a difficult "situation" ramifications can be discussed later .We are being asked to  Pull/rein in our lives  normal Everyday activities routines,in a period of totally unknown territory..... Whether the machos,the ignorant,the incompetent, and blame-seekers, believe they know better................

THIS AINT THE ****ING TIME,TO PISS AROUND ,an shouting th odds and doing your own thing... There is obviously something wrong,the world ,

Not Somebody Else has a problem ,the Human-Race has a problem ( some of us/you might be the cause).....

that is not going to be solved instantly or most likely within the year....

Governments are Not fear mongers,some leaders/front-men/women Maybe be buffoons and incompetent.....but even They are listening and then reacting on believed experts...

.Look especially at Boris & Trump,they are just ( bumbling)Mouth Pieces und look dumbstruck in trying to put out information,they cant grasp,or numerate in their own  Political Sphere of life...

This also goes beyond politicating...This is Not Country against country,even if some twat,has dropped a Man-Made Health clanger,

or if we have a dangerous Twist of coincidence,that Nature is playing on us....Its Time to follow some necessary ,

life-irrating - uncomfortable- even confusing rules and regulations..

And believe me, I am the biggest cynical rebel,anarchy-dreamer,thats walked on 2 legs (Now 2 wheels).......But Now is the Time to hold together has simple

But hopefully clever caring humans....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Seems @simFox was right all along :unsure:

Other than the fact that we're not all going to die and the world isn't about to end. 

It is much, much more severe that I had first thought it would be though. 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Are you taking the piss? 

No, I am a nurse in charge at a big London ICU, we are getting smashed by covid and I just worked 5 long days in a row, but what I experienced this morning wasnt fair to anyone and it wasnt respecting the advice we are giving the public. There has to be better way to do it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Fairly sure him and @Parafox are giving us a view of what happened at two different stores during NHS hour ...  both are interesting and valid.

Interesting point Parafox made, he didn’t see anyone taking more than they needed during NHS hour.

That shows you the level of sensibility among NHS staff.

Some of the retards of this country should follow that, ridiculous that folk are just going in when they really have no need to.

All it does is make a tough situation far worse, buy what you need then let others do likewise.

58 minutes ago, Parafox said:

So, I'm an NHS worker. My last shift before the NHS only hour, started at 5:30 am and I finished at 7:15 pm. By that time there was nothing left that I needed. No bread, eggs, milk, detergent, ham, fresh meat. Even the tortilla wraps were all gone. I could have bought a ton of easter eggs, mind you.

Yesterday morning I went to Tesco with my ID and I bought, 2 loaves of bread, 2 pints of milk, a packet of rice and a packet of cereals as well as some cooked meat a chicken and a couple of pasties. There was nothing else I needed so I didn't buy anything else. Yes it was busy with other NHS staff as you'd expect, but I didn't see anyone buying more than they needed. The store worker said the would restock as soon as possible before the general public started to arrive, although there was already a queue of them as I left.

I'm happy it worked for you, definitely not what I saw today though. Like I said below, I think it needs to be confined to clinical/housekeeping/portering etc staff, I am sure a huge amount of the people there today were admin.

Edited by z-layrex

Just now, z-layrex said:

No, I am a nurse in charge at a big London ICU, we are getting smashed by covid and I just worked 5 long days in a row, but what I experienced this morning wasnt fair to anyone and it wasnt respecting the advice we are giving the public. There has to be better way to do it.

I think given the amount of hours doctors and nurses, like yourself who are doing an amazing job, should have some priority in times like this to get what they need. 

If the previous stockpiling by the selfish members of public hadn't happened then I wouldn't be saying it. Because everyone would get what they need. 

Shoppers need to understand that if they only took what they only need then supermarkets wouldn't have to go to these measures. 

I can understand NHS workers taking extra in times like this. That may sound contradictory but given the current chaos they may not know when they can next get a chance to shop. A normal member of public is more likely to get a choice of hours or days to go. NHS staff may not...