Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

7 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

People need to take responsibility for their own actions rather than relying on the government telling them, it’s really simple, you can go out as long as you follow the guidelines. I get it, I’m not a rocket scientist but I get it, simple, do it. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The problem is people aren't doing it though? 

I know Stan, but that’s their fault, not the governments, they, the selfish pricks need to stop licking windows at home and use their common sense and follow the guidelines because fresh air is a good thing as long as everyone is sensible. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Boris sort of reminds me of an old line manager who was too nice and wanted to be liked; but it ended up destroying the team I worked for. It's a serious flaw in a leader. (He is in a really tough position though).

Maybe they don't want to bring in a proper lockdown till they can properly enforce it and it's been too difficult to organise over the weekend. They'll need to lay out the punishments and sanctions for people who violate it and it needs to be clear. They'll also need a way of recognising key workers.

It would be a lot worse if they brought in a lockdown; people don't pay attention to it and there were no proper ramifications.

I do understand there is a very real mental health problem with isolating people for that long though and I do appreciate that they are taking it into account. 

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.  No point in ordering people to do something if there's no clear consequences for breaching the rules.

Very strict measures will be introduced this week. Absolutely guaranteed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nnfox said:

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.  No point in ordering people to do something if there's no clear consequences for breaching the rules.

Shall we have a sweepstake as to when it’ll happen? I’ll take 5 pm on Wednesday

Sadly, I don't see this coming to an end anytime soon. I can only presume that a full lockdown is imminent in the next week or 2. You then have to question, for how long and what are the conditions upon the release from full lockdown? 

The virus will not relent until it has either ripped through us all or until we are all vaccinated (early 2021 at the very best!). I think we will end up following a pattern of full lockdown > freedom > social lockdown > full lockdown for at least the next 12-18 months and then you have to look at the bigger picture further down the line. 

16 minutes ago, reynard said:

We only seem to be able to do one thing at a time. Each press conference is basically one thing. Seems to me we are wasting time and with it lives.

He doesn’t want to overload the tiny minds of those that can’t do 1 simple thing I guess 🤷‍♂️ 

For someone who is more in the know on this than me.  If you are one of the 1.5 million who gets told to sit in home for 12 weeks away from work etc, does that put you in the category of claiming 12 weeks statutory sick pay(if your work doesn't pay anything else for it) or does it put you in the category of the government will pay 80 percent of your wages? 

Edited by kristianity77

I’m guessing that they now have enough data to know in detail who is highly at risk. If they quarantine them to control the load on the nhs it may be beneficial to have limited transmission in the rest of the population to slowly build the herd immunity whilst not having the nhs overrun. As I say I’m guessing.

I think they are ramping things up at the right pace ...  if they did too much too quickly the great unwashed would overreact and we’d probably end up with the army on the streets...   there’s no quick fix and things will get worse whatever we do.

• Like 2

Posted at 17:44

Merkel: Our behaviour is best way to fight virus

ReutersCopyright: Reuters

Angela Merkel announced the new measures on TV on SundayImage caption: Angela Merkel announced the new measures on TV on Sunday

More on the new restrictions imposed by the German government moments ago, banning gatherings of more than two people outside work and home.

"Our behaviour is the most effective way" of slowing the rate of infection, Chancellor Angela Merkel said of the nationwide measures.

Some exceptions will be allowed, including for people living under the same roof and going out together for fresh air.

The government has also ordered hairdressers and beauty, massage and tattoo parlours to close and restaurants will only be allowed to offer takeaway services.

The country had already closed schools and other non-essential shops.

Posted at 17:52

BREAKINGGerman Chancellor Angela Merkel quarantined

German Chancellor Angela Merkel is in quarantine after meeting a doctor on Friday who has since tested positive for the virus, her spokesman said.

She was told about the contact after a press conference on Sunday in which she announced further measures to try to curb the spread of coronavirus.

Her government banned meetings of more than two people outside work and home for two weeks.

:facepalm:

24 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I know Stan, but that’s their fault, not the governments, they, the selfish pricks need to stop licking windows at home and use their common sense and follow the guidelines because fresh air is a good thing as long as everyone is sensible. 

I understand its the public's fault as well for not staying home but that's follows weak advice from the government with it just being 'advisory' even though it's patently clear that it's best if everyone is told to stay at home.

25 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Plus, it will take time to mobilise the army and police force.

1 hour ago, Wet Trump said:

Have you been tested for it?

A few people in my office And my immediate team told me they developed symptoms on Friday and I’ve got the past few days had a really achey back and legs, tickly cough and a woolly head. Pretty sure I’d have a slight temperature too if I had the means to find out.

no - but I either have it or the flu - and I’ve never had the flu before. And my daughter had it before me ........

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

I still feel like I've been punched around the rib cage along the back and have sometimes felt a bit short of breath whilst trying to sleep, having to do some breathing exercises for a couple minutes, sometimes feeling a weird prickly, stabbing sensation at times.

Still not certain I've had it though.

the sensation in the back is strange - feels like indigestion in my case and my daughter says she has felt similar ....

I wonder if it’s a small amount of fluid in the lungs 

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

"We are encouraging you..."

"We are suggesting to you..."

"We are advising you..."

Should be "WE ARE TELLING YOU..."

He did that on Friday re pubs and restaurants but seems that not all of them listened 

24 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

For someone who is more in the know on this than me.  If you are one of the 1.5 million who gets told to sit in home for 12 weeks away from work etc, does that put you in the category of claiming 12 weeks statutory sick pay(if your work doesn't pay anything else for it) or does it put you in the category of the government will pay 80 percent of your wages? 

First they give and then they take it away

And... another day passes without Johnson having the balls to do what he has to do to save lives: lockdown.

We are cursed with an anti-leader, the anti-Churchill: “we shall let them infect each other on the beaches, we shall let them infect each other in the fields and streets.”

So working from home part of next week. In tomorrow and maybe tuesday. Just two of us, doing things that can only be done in the office and taking all the precautions we can. Then home from wednesday to friday.