Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

I think he can't win what ever he does, so he might has well shut everything down for a month, take the hit then start getting the economy going again, shut the airports any one coming into the country from an infected area, quarantine for 3 weeks, tough.

Surely the advice should be to only go out on your own or with those you live with. It's that simple, why haven't they reinforced this message more?

Edited by ajthefox

I'm amazed there aren't further restrictions now. Basically said he advises people to stay away from public gatherings and maintain social distances but also reinforced how important it is mentally to get out and about. 

As long as it stays 'advisory' people will just make their own decisions and go out. 

58 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Feeling a bit guilty that @z-layrex @Parafox and others are working their ass off around the clock dealing with this while I'm sat in the garden.

I guess there's nothing Joe Public can do to help though apart from stay at home...

Mate, staying at home helps them. You shouldn't feel guilty! Staying at home is one less risk for them to potentially manage. 

Just now, Facecloth said:

You had faith in him? :blink:

Maybe 'hope' was the word i meant.

I had hope that he'd do the right thing today.

He's now talking about further/tougher measures but he should have introduced them now.

Just now, Facecloth said:

You had faith in him? :blink:

We are saddled with the most lightweight excuse for a Prime Minister in my lifetime. This fella is gonna cost this nation a multitude of lives. Staggeringly out of his depth. 

• Like 1

Oh the stick I got when I defended Teresa May.

I'd have her over Boris any day of the week right now 

He's talking shit and knows we'll be on lock down in a few days so why not just bring it forward?

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m lying in bed and I’ve needed a pee for two hours but I just cannot be bothered .....

apart from the slight fever and tight chest it’s not so bad but you know that there is nothing to stop whatever is going on inside your lungs from continuing and no way of knowing if you’re going to be one of the unlucky ones .......

I still feel like I've been punched around the rib cage along the back and have sometimes felt a bit short of breath whilst trying to sleep, having to do some breathing exercises for a couple minutes, sometimes feeling a weird prickly, stabbing sensation at times.

Still not certain I've had it though.

Totally agree that the measures need to be tougher. They'll have to do it inevitably because people are just ignoring the advice and are not listening. It needs to become law. Lockdown in the big cities must be inevitable.

I've listed to Boris on the radio during the week and he's awful. Cameron or Blair would have been perfect in this scenario, we need calm, reassuring leadership at a time like this.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Honestly, did they expect people to listen? It was never gonna happen, we're a selfish bunch. Time to get strict Boris, before this goes even further out of control.

The communication has not been great, and it's changed from 'be careful' a week ago to suddenly much stricter stuff. I don't blame British people totally, they are not being amazingly well led. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Totally agree that the measures need to be tougher. They'll have to do it inevitably because people are just ignoring the advice and are not listening. It needs to become law. Lockdown in the big cities must be inevitable.

I've listed to Boris on the radio during the week and he's awful. Cameron or Blair would have been perfect in this scenario, we need calm, reassuring leadership at a time like this.

Boris looks scared, unsure and flustered to me.

Hardly inspiring the nation and putting people at ease.

Feeling quite angry tbh and I'm a lifelong Tory boy.

Just now, Izzy said:

Boris looks scared, unsure and flustered to me.

Hardly inspiring the nation and putting people at ease.

Feeling quite angry tbh and I'm a lifelong Tory boy.

I think he’s been much better today. At the start of the week he looked to be enjoying it, the tone of the press conferences wasn’t serious enough.

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

The communication has not been great, and it's changed from 'be careful' a week ago to suddenly much stricter stuff. I don't blame British people totally, they are not being amazingly well led. 

The communication was dreadful - simple bullet point messaging was needed. Finally it seems like we’re getting it.