Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

And as I said, those sitting around chatting shouldn't really be doing so, even if they did go to the park to do exercise. But how do you know what percentage of people there are doing that?

Anyone in that park who has gone for a walk or jog or cycle or any other exercise on their own or keeping their distance from other people at all times is doing nothing wrong in a legal or moral sense.

What do you think social distancing means?

Taken from the government website :

Avoid large and small gatherings in public spaces.

So pretty much all what is on that video of the park. 

Edited by FoxesDeb
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Taken from the government website :

Avoid large and small gatherings in public spaces.

So pretty much all what is on that video of the park. 

But it's not all what is on that video though. Only the ones who are gathered are not avoiding large and small gatherings.

If 1000 people turn up individually, none of them are necessarily failing to avoid gatherings. That is the problem and my original point.

• Like 3

Just now, ealingfox said:

But it's not all what is on that video though. Only the ones who are gathered are not avoiding large and small gatherings.

If 1000 people turn up individually, none of them are necessarily failing to avoid gatherings. That is the problem and my original point.

lol lol lol

:nigel:

34 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Absolute CVNT of our time.

Behave, his annual cardiologist salary can't pay the bills. Have some sympathy!

26 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Oh for gods sake!

Where am I going to go now :nono:

Up and down the stairs lol

• Haha 1

Feeling a bit guilty that @z-layrex @Parafox and others are working their ass off around the clock dealing with this while I'm sat in the garden.

I guess there's nothing Joe Public can do to help though apart from stay at home...

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Feeling a bit guilty that @z-layrex @Parafox and others are working their ass off around the clock dealing with this while I'm sat in the garden.

I guess there's nothing Joe Public can do to help though apart from stay at home...

Well we can stop hoarding toilet paper and dry groceries too.

11 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Actually feeling better today, still a tickly chest, slight headache but after two weeks, better.

I’m lying in bed and I’ve needed a pee for two hours but I just cannot be bothered .....

apart from the slight fever and tight chest it’s not so bad but you know that there is nothing to stop whatever is going on inside your lungs from continuing and no way of knowing if you’re going to be one of the unlucky ones .......

• Sad 2

Just now, st albans fox said:

I’m lying in bed and I’ve needed a pee for two hours but I just cannot be bothered .....

apart from the slight fever and tight chest it’s not so bad but you know that there is nothing to stop whatever is going on inside your lungs from continuing and no way of knowing if you’re going to be one of the unlucky ones .......

Haven’t had an ear ache have you? I feel very strange and my right ear feels like it needs to pop.

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

This is exactly what they need mate, keep doing it and less people at the hospital is less stress for them.

If anything,  it shows you that healthcare workers are probably the most important  of all and should be highly paid (outside of that cardiologist tosser). Not footballers or celebrities. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I thought it was tea rooms, car parks and visitor centre only but the park remains open.

Bradgate Park bosses have taken the "unprecedented" decision to close the attraction until further notice, together with neighbouring Swithland Wood, to ward off the public amid the coronavirus crisis.

The historic park was inundated with visitors on Saturday, according to the trust which runs it, as people sought relief from self-isolation and to get some fresh air with their families.

Councillor Nick Rushton, chairman of the Bradgate Park Trust, said: "We have closed the car parks and locked the gates. Bradgate Park is now closed until further notice.

"It's an unprecedented move but a necessary one. You would think that going out and getting some fresh air in a public park would be fine at this time, but then again they've had to close Bondi Beach in Australia."

In a statement published on its social media channels, the trust said: "Following how busy we were yesterday and the advice on social distancing we, like others, have had to make the difficult decision to close Bradgate Park and Swithland Wood car parks.

"Please note the Bradgate Park Trust tearooms, shop, visitor centre and all car parks and toilets are now closed until further notice.

"This is to help the nation fight the spread of the coronavirus and will be reviewed subject to daily briefings and advice from the Government."

All car parks and toilets have been closed at Bradgate Park and Swithland Woods amid coronavirus crisis 

Park rangers were busy implementing the closures this morning, meaning Mothering Sunday visitors will not be able to gain entry to the parks and woods.

The decision was taken together with Leicester city mayor Sir Peter Soulsby, who is deputy chairman of the trust.

Coun Rushton, who is also leader of Leicestershire County Council, added: "The problem we had is everyone was using and touching the same parking meter machines and that sort of thing, which isn't advisable in the current circumstances.

"People also tend to keep to the paved paths, which were akin to Oxford Street yesterday.

"The decision we've taken is unprecedented but ultimately in everyone's interest."

The trust had told visitors on Thursday that the park would remain open, including its toilets and car parks, to "allow people to enjoy open space, if appropriate, during the pandemic".

The change in policy was in reaction to the latest government social distancing guidance due to the large numbers of visitors seen on Saturday.

County Hall also announced today that it has closed all country parks it runs in the county, including Beacon Hill.

It comes as warnings were also issued today for people to stay away from coastal resorts such as Skegness and Mablethorpe, after they experienced a large influx of visitors on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Have you been tested for it?

A few people in my office And my immediate team told me they developed symptoms on Friday and I’ve got the past few days had a really achey back and legs, tickly cough and a woolly head. Pretty sure I’d have a slight temperature too if I had the means to find out.

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I don't understand why our government aren't getting proper strict like Germany and Spain.

Trusting people to use their common sense just ain't working is it.

• Like 3

They might be annoyed at the people, but anyone who has ever had any job involving face to face contact with the public knows common sense isn't all that common. People won't be told or think they're special.

They have to be clearer in their communication. Instead of saying social distancing, which isn't strictly defined. They need to say: the only reason you go out is: food shopping, essential work, medical appointments and exercise with at most 2/3/4 people.

If you tell people they can go to the park, they'll go to the park. The Chief Medical Officer was on TV the other day saying it was okay for kids to play football together, which didn't really make sense.

16 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Rimming leads to fecal matter in your mouth and therefore potentially viruses? Nooooooooo way???  

Sick that people even do that.  Ya i judged lol

Have a wank lads, best option!

Hahahahaa its imperative you do the washing up afterwards! Don't let it pile up!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

Judging by all these photos of today, the message “please, please, please stop social mixing” isn’t being heard.

The government have no choice now but to get tough and directive. I’ll be disappointed if Boris doesn’t get really clear in his upcoming address.

This can’t be ‘optional’ for people any more.

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I don't understand why our government aren't getting proper strict like Germany and Spain.

Trusting people to use their common sense just ain't working is it.

No they cannot be trusted. The message is just not getting through. It needs to be loud and clear from now on.

It's especially galling to see scenes like this in London (the flower market is in Tower Hamlets with 50 confirmed cases) and Southwark (worst hit area of London) just over the river.