Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

If anyone is unsure of how to judge he 2 metre rule just think of it as one Peter Crouch.

Edited by Tuna
Got metres and feet confused.

Boris sort of reminds me of an old line manager who was too nice and wanted to be liked; but it ended up destroying the team I worked for. It's a serious flaw in a leader. (He is in a really tough position though).

Maybe they don't want to bring in a proper lockdown till they can properly enforce it and it's been too difficult to organise over the weekend. They'll need to lay out the punishments and sanctions for people who violate it and it needs to be clear. They'll also need a way of recognising key workers.

It would be a lot worse if they brought in a lockdown; people don't pay attention to it and there were no proper ramifications.

I do understand there is a very real mental health problem with isolating people for that long though and I do appreciate that they are taking it into account. 

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 2

On my walk to and from work I go past 2 kids park's, a skate park and a massive park with football pitches, picnic tables etc, Id put a big amount of money on that they are all rammed by the time I finish work.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

What about walking the dog?

Don’t take the whole family.

I’ve only lived in my current house for about 6 months but I’ve never seen so many people / families walking around the estate as I have this weekend.

Edited by Wet Trump

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

If anyone is unsure of how to judge he 2 metre rule just think of it as one Peter Crouch.

That's alright then, I often carry a spare Peter Crouch round with me to measure things.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm amazed there aren't further restrictions now. Basically said he advises people to stay away from public gatherings and maintain social distances but also reinforced how important it is mentally to get out and about. 

As long as it stays 'advisory' people will just make their own decisions and go out. 

Mate, staying at home helps them. You shouldn't feel guilty! Staying at home is one less risk for them to potentially manage. 

We only seem to be able to do one thing at a time. Each press conference is basically one thing. Seems to me we are wasting time and with it lives.

20 hours ago, brucey said:

What? We’re about a week too late in our measures to avoid becoming like them (their complete shutdown was equivalent to next Monday on our equivalent curve) but it’s not too late (yet) to avoid becoming worse than them, unless we delay the shutdown past Monday, so we should absolutely be doing every damn thing we can. Shut the whole bloody place down.

So.... worse than Italy it is then. Cool. Great stuff.

Boris giving people the freedom to leave their houses with certain guidelines, yet as per, people are taking the piss. 

We won't learn until he stamps down and brings in a lockdown, he clearly doesn't want to do so. 

Our problem as per is the public being utter morons.

4 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

People need to take responsibility for their own actions rather than relying on the government telling them, it’s really simple, you can go out as long as you follow the guidelines. I get it, I’m not a rocket scientist but I get it, simple, do it. 

The problem is people aren't doing it though? 

Not in the UK, on lockdown in Germany where ppl seem to be finally understanding the virus' threat. My fam and friends in the UK seem to either be concerned and acting appropriately, or still thinking it is a simple sniffle. I am pretty worried the UK will end up way worse than Italy.

blokes living in an alternative universe. Does he actually observe what’s going on around him on his way to Downing Street( if he really is there and not somewhere like Jamaica) no way in a million years will British people observe a 2 metre rule, so we’ll go on lockdown. 

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

blokes living in an alternative universe. Does he actually observe what’s going on around him on his way to Downing Street( if he really is there and not somewhere like Jamaica) no way in a million years will British people observe a 2 metre rule, so we’ll go on lockdown. 

He wasn’t himself in the press conference.

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Thousands going to work for non essential reasons tomorrow then.....bravo, bravo 

Nice if you can work from home or have had 80% of your wages guaranteed, but what about the self employed? They have bills to pay, families to feed and have been given barely any support from the government. This could shut their business down, lose homes and bring suffering and pain to their families. Its understandable why they are still operating, they need assurances, help.

I work outdoors, on my own and only come into contact with customers if they chose to see me. The more people congregate the quicker the government will put us into full lockdown, I just hope they’ve put better measures of support in place for the self employed by then.  

• Like 1

Always been a fan of Borris but he is really trying my patience with his handling of this. Surely to God he cannot be this deluded?

The media is full of photos of hundreds of thousands crowding to the seaside and parks. Pubs, cafes and arcades are still open. People are not listening, and will continue to ignore the advice. Why is he stalling in locking this absolute shitshow down? 

Surely he realises he is creating an absolute firestorm in a few weeks time by allowing this to continue. Disgraceful!

Edited by Larry_LCFC