Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

7 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I know it's nice weather, and pubs, restaurants etc are closed, but why the public outings, I haven't seen so many families walking etc on the streets since primarks boxing day sale.

They were all in pubs, Restaurants Cinemas, & Theaters or in Fitness centres,on holiday.even watching & playing all kind of sport....!!!!

Some were off galavanting & screwing around,now they have to Stay 2 meters  Social distances from  their One partners,and even further with  strangere or others...!

Thats Why facemasks,have taken over from brown-Paper bags...:P

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think this has been the tactic all along.

Constantly talking about 'potential further measures' gets people ready to expect potential further measures.

And then when further measures are announced, it's no big surprise. 

All about managing expectations I guess while buying time (that we haven't got) to get stuff prepared and ready in the background.

I was angry about it all earlier for not happening quick enough but I'm starting to see a method in the madness.

That drip feeding will probably mean more people die though. 

3 minutes ago, Saigon Fox said:

Posting just to compare the response where I am.

In Morocco: today's COVID 19 figures 498 tested, 109 confirmed, 3 deaths. We are in lockdown, schools are closed, airspace is closed, trains are not running, buses too, we have a pass to go out, we can only go to the shop and pharmacy, actually only wifey can as it's only one person per household. If we are out without papers we can go to prison. This, it's just been announced, is going to continue until 20th April.

I'm very happy with the Moroccan response to this. Swift, decisive and with the public interest at heart.

Yes but did the prime minister make silly noises and use a ridiculous accent? 

But in all seriousness this is how it should be. If we show no signs of being contagious after 7 days then lock down. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m not disagree with you at all.

My target is companies like where my partner works whom as the government aren’t insisting work from home, continue to function from their office and warehouse. There’s plenty of retail business as well doing the same despite having websites.

True, my other half’s brother works in retail and is being offered nothing to protect themselves apart from ‘wash your hands’. 

Annoyingly, I’ve not seen my dad for weeks, he was pencilled in to babysit one night for me last week but I rang him and told him not to bother and stay home and look after himself (he’s over 80, reasonably healthy but does have some health issues). I ring him regularly, even said the other night it’s going to be months before I see you again,  I send him all the funny clips, videos etc. doing the rounds on WhatsApp to help cheer him up as he hates being stuck in. I ring today and find out all his wives kids have been round to see them for Mothering Sunday. 

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think it was diagnosed as pneumonia first .....I guess they Weren’t thinking that a 12 yo presenting with a severe respiratory disease had contracted it via CV  ....

very worrying 

Interesting news from Morocco. The UK should have done something similar 2 weeks ago imo. Managing expectations is great in theory, but this thing spreads so fast that behavioural science should be put aside in the current emergency. 

Edited by String fellow

Just thinking about it and I’m wondering if this drip feeding to prepare people for each step, full lockdown soon, is fuelling the crowds were seeing in certain places as in that they know it’s coming. Is it possible that these people think they’re having a last hurrah before they lock themselves in, similar to when certain pub were busy Friday night.

4 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

So how long before the banking system ceases up?What happens then?

Financial-collapse, no wages,no pensions,no benefits.....will Show & Test how Civilised we Really are...!!!

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Just thinking about it and I’m wondering if this drip feeding to prepare people for each step, full lockdown soon, is fuelling the crowds were seeing in certain places as in that they know it’s coming. Is it possible that these people think they’re having a last hurrah before they lock themselves in, similar to when certain pub were busy Friday night.

I can't fathom indecision or uncertainty as a leadership tactic. 

I'm trying hard to be objective and not let personal opinion cloud my view of the situation but it does seem that Johnson the man is bleeding into Johnson the leader. 

35 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think this has been the tactic all along.

Constantly talking about 'potential further measures' gets people ready to expect potential further measures.

And then when further measures are announced, it's no big surprise. 

All about managing expectations I guess while buying time (that we haven't got) to get stuff prepared and ready in the background.

I was angry about it all earlier for not happening quick enough but I'm starting to see a method in the madness.

The science of behaviour change says otherwise. Let's take pubs as an example. Keeping them open normalises it is OK to drink together. When they close, people just carry on the behaviour in other venues (e.g. I've heard 2 bbqs going in across the gardens in my village today). 

The word surprise that you use us very relevant. In the science, the more surprising an event is, the quicker and better it is learned about. 

53 minutes ago, AoWW said:

Some of the so-called 'key-workers' trying to send their kids to school is ridiculous. I've had one parent arguing that her role as a nail tech is 'essential'.  I'm putting my own and my family's health at risk by going in to work to teach these children. I can understand the need if parents really are playing an essential role and have no alternatives but the people trying to play the system because they don't want their children at home is shocking. 

What a blast from the past this is! Hello @AoWW!

Also, on topic, a nail tech saying they're essential when you have NHS staff rushed off their feet wow lol lol

Guest Harrydc

I'm very worried people's mental health will take a huge hit during all of this. I've not been the best, and it's all of a sudden gone from trying to interact with people as much as possible and get out, to being told to stay in. 

Take care everyone.. 

Edited by Harrydc

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What a blast from the past this is! Hello @AoWW!

Also, on topic, a nail tech saying they're essential when you have NHS staff rushed off their feet wow lol lol

Hello! :smile:

Yep, she was completely serious. :nono:

9 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

I'm very worried people's mental health will take a huge hit during all of this.

This will be a massive problem.

I consider myself a level headed, chilled out bloke but with virtually nothing to do for the next 2-3 months or more, the going will be tough.

Trying to work out a schedule so I'm not just eating crap food and lazing on the sofa.

We all need some structure.

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AoWW said:

Hello! :smile:

Yep, she was completely serious. :nono:

F-ing hell. I had a lorry driver tell me he was saving Britain by continuing to work. No idea of his cargo, but I could buy the importance if it was food. This is just incredible. Will you share the reasoning she gave for being essential?