Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Whenever I get a delivery of something now, I rush upstairs and lean out of the window to ask the guy to leave it by the front door. I then quarantine the stuff in the garage for a couple of days. Hopefully, the local mice won't come and nibble at the food items. 

Lambrini officially out of stock in the 3 Tesco stores within walking distance of me. 

Country's fvcked!!! 

**I wasn't out shopping for it, I was just using it as a reference point as to how desperate things would get down the booze aisle** 

19 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

mrs works for the NHS and is off  tommorow,so obviouly neither of our kid's are going to school.Just heard that one of her mates who work for East Midland Trains are sending their child to school on weds and thurs when both of the parents are off!Pretty sure we will be on lock down before the end of the week to stop stupid adults doing this.:angry:        

As someone who has to be in school tomorrow, this really pisses me off.

I know at our school we'd probably refuse to take them on those days, if it were known. We only take children if there's no other possible alternative for childcare, it's not supposed to be a free break from your kids, ffs.

Selfish twats.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

mrs works for the NHS and is off  tommorow,so obviouly neither of our kid's are going to school.Just heard that one of her mates who work for East Midland Trains are sending their child on weds and thurs when both of the parents are off!Pretty sure we will be on lock down before the end of the week to stop stupid adults doing this.:angry:        

Knew this was going to happen. This is another policy that hasn't been communicated properly. My collegues were saying their school has told them they can only send in their kids if both parents are key workers. But the government guidelines say just one has to be. Then one of them received an email from a school - complaining that students with parents who they knew neither were key workers were applying to send their kids in.

I also know someone who is a key worker but their partner is self-employed. Since they haven't done anything for the self-employed they want to send in their kid. 

If they don't make it clear and they leave teachers to police it and argue with parents they will just close the schools. The teachers are already helping out the government - they need to make it clear what the penalties are for parents who abuse the system.

Edited by Guesty

47 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

And with closures / banning he leaves the doors wide open. 

Schools are closed except for a very large list of exceptions. Please don't go pubs but they can stay open. 

In a crisis be ****ing authoritative. 

So how many people would have been laid off if they closed the Hospitality sector down overnight BEFORE they announcement measures to support jobs?  They are doing their best in an impossible situation.  Every idiot on the internet thinks they can do better, but if the could they would be in a job making a difference.  

1 minute ago, Guesty said:

Knew this was going to happen. This is another policy that hasn't been communicated properly. My collegues were saying their school has told them they can only send in their kids if both parents are key workers. But the government guidelines say just one has to be. Then one of them received an email from a school - complaining that students with parents who they knew neither were key workers were applying to send their kids in.

I also know someone who is a key worker but their partner is self-employed. Since they haven't done anything fro the self-employed they want to send in their kid. 

If they don't make it clear and they leave teachers to police it and argue with parents they will just close the schools. The teachers are already helping out the government - they need to make it clear what the penalties are for parents who abuse the system.

No doubt some people are taking the piss, but no doubt there are also plenty of people who think they know what a key worker is, when actually they have a pretty narrow view of what is a pretty broad definition.

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

No doubt some people are taking the piss, but no doubt there are also plenty of people who think they know what a key worker is, when actually they have a pretty narrow view of what is a pretty broad definition.

I agree. I can just imagine the arguments teachers are going to be having with some parents at the start of school tomorrow.

I could see some schools having to send everyone home tomorrow due to not having enough staff.

16 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Whenever I get a delivery of something now, I rush upstairs and lean out of the window to ask the guy to leave it by the front door. I then quarantine the stuff in the garage for a couple of days. Hopefully, the local mice won't come and nibble at the food items. 

You will die of food poisoning rather than Corona.

21 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

So how many people would have been laid off if they closed the Hospitality sector down overnight BEFORE they announcement measures to support jobs?  They are doing their best in an impossible situation.  Every idiot on the internet thinks they can do better, but if the could they would be in a job making a difference.  

I'm unsure what you do for a living but I will certainly be working for the foreseeable. This despite an underlying health condition. I'll be working because I'll be making a difference to the vulnerable. 

The reason i comment is because this attitude to keeping the education system open in this manner seems unique to England and is sowing confusion. 

With reference to supporting measures, how are any of us supposed to eyeball that? There's a hugely communicable virus that doctors are panicking over. Maybe think about stemming communication. 

But what would I know being an idiot on the Internet. 

Edited by foxile5

I cannot believe there’s no global plan in place for this sort of thing. It’s not that far fetched and we’ve had a few warning shots in the past with SARS and bird flu etc.

Why do the top level of government not have policies in place to avoid all this confusion.

Why can’t the WHO take over and give the whole world advice and set laws into place overriding local governments.

What a shitshow, proving globally we don’t have any prepared leaders, we don’t have anyone willing to take the reigns and do what is right for its people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

I cannot believe there’s no global plan in place for this sort of thing. It’s not that far fetched and we’ve had a few warning shots in the past with SARS and bird flu etc.

Why do the top level of government not have policies in place to avoid all this confusion.

Why can’t the WHO take over and give the whole world advice and set laws into place overriding local governments.

What a shitshow, proving globally we don’t have any prepared leaders, we don’t have anyone willing to take the reigns and do what is right for its people.

It’s not about a lack of leaders, the WHO or any other body simply don’t have the jurisdiction to be making decisions on behalf of governments around the world.