Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

She didn't really give much of a reason although she obviously genuinely felt it was essential. She said something about it being necessary for people's mental health! :@

Fortunately I've become very good at having one (honest but inappropriate) dialogue going on in my head while another (more professional) version comes out of my mouth. :frusty:

14 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

This will be a massive problem.

I consider myself a level headed, chilled out bloke but with virtually nothing to do for the next 2-3 months or more, the going will be tough.

Trying to work out a schedule so I'm not just eating crap food and lazing on the sofa.

We all need some structure.

Good luck!

Live stream some dj sets on Facebook from your bedroom.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AoWW said:

She didn't really give much of a reason although she obviously genuinely felt it was essential. She said something about it being necessary for people's mental health! :@

Fortunately I've become very good at having one (honest but inappropriate) dialogue going on in my head while another (more professional) version comes out of my mouth. :frusty:

I'm an uni lecturer. I live in fear of the time that the 'in head' conversation accidentally pops out. 

Students tend to use family illness as a reason for an extension for coursework. From the reasoning we hear, some families have extremely bad luck when it comes to strokes, cancer diagnosis, heart attacks etc, especially when it starts to happen to the 5th grandparent.. 

23 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I consider myself a level headed, chilled out bloke but with virtually nothing to do for the next 2-3 months or more, the going will be tough.

Trying to work out a schedule so I'm not just eating crap food and lazing on the sofa.

Good luck!

How about a podcast? You of all ppl would have the skills to: 

a) knock one out at ;) decent quality in production and content;

b) do it on a timely schedule (one or twice a week?)

c) have plenty of previous content to work with, plus all the crazy stuff on here (players must be scratching around for contact as well?)

Maybe one that is a short weekly update, and the other is a longer half-hour on one specific topic?

So why not revisit previous interviews you've done (and own copyright on?) and maybe talk about the stuff that happened off-mike, the quirky side of players and clubs? Cover the virtual tournaments. Just need a catchy name for the pod...

In adversity, there is opportunity. Go for it mate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

So how long before the banking system ceases up?What happens then?

I don' t think it will. There may be long, deep recessions, but it will keep going. People will still work to save their pensions, companies will still need to borrow to do more business, people will still invest in new start-ups that will spring up after the virus is more well-known and contained.

As has been repeated before, this is a medical failure, not an economical one. There is an impact yes, but we're better placed than 2007/8 to weather it financially.

"all with underlying health conditions" always seems very vague to me.

Could be anything from very mild seasonal asthma to already being on death's door.

Wish they gave out more information on what peoples conditions actually were.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

To be fair, if you have a pet they are pretty essential 

really? you can't get pet stuff online, or or pet food and peripherals from the shops? Vets as keyworker maybe? but the other people in there, no. 

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Good luck!

Telephone interviews with City players?

Maybe set up  a FiFA Tournament with some players and find a way of streaming it!

Edited by MPH

7 hours ago, Izzy said:

I think this has been the tactic all along.

Constantly talking about 'potential further measures' gets people ready to expect potential further measures.

And then when further measures are announced, it's no big surprise. 

All about managing expectations I guess while buying time (that we haven't got) to get stuff prepared and ready in the background.

I was angry about it all earlier for not happening quick enough but I'm starting to see a method in the madness.

Yep.  The UK is an extremely complex and powerful machine.  You can't just switch it off, it has to be shut down in stages with a balanced approach.  Government have to get their ducks in a row before going into a phase of heading towards full lockdown.  Could it be done quicker? Probably, but there are other risks to doing that - people not being able to get any food, even worse panic buying, law and order issues and so on.  If this was a more serious virus, then I'm sure life would be put to a halt in a very different way.

Today looks very different from a week ago and this time next week will be very different again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

One of my mates has had it. After day ten he began to feel normal again. 

Started with a tickle in his throat, then a cough, aches and pains and a temperature of 46.... the worse part was the first 7 days, after this he began to improve. He said today that he woke up feeling normal, as if he’s just had a sore throat and a bad cough. All he did was take paracetamol and drink purely water. It was probably worse for him as he is a smoker and a weekend binge drinker, but he got through it.

D0BF6A97-45D4-42C8-AD02-376F2E8B44AC.jpeg

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Nandos follows McDonald's earlier tonight in closing their restaurants. 

That’s the PFA up in arms then :ph34r:

6 hours ago, blabyboy said:

How about a podcast? You of all ppl would have the skills to: 

a) knock one out at ;) decent quality in production and content;

b) do it on a timely schedule (one or twice a week?)

c) have plenty of previous content to work with, plus all the crazy stuff on here (players must be scratching around for contact as well?)

Maybe one that is a short weekly update, and the other is a longer half-hour on one specific topic?

So why not revisit previous interviews you've done (and own copyright on?) and maybe talk about the stuff that happened off-mike, the quirky side of players and clubs? Cover the virtual tournaments. Just need a catchy name for the pod...

In adversity, there is opportunity. Go for it mate.

Hey, what type of production are we talking about here?

5 hours ago, blabyboy said:

really? you can't get pet stuff online, or or pet food and peripherals from the shops? Vets as keyworker maybe? but the other people in there, no. 

The trouble is, as funny as it sounds, that a lot of dogs (in particular) can't just go from one particular kibble/diet and switch to another without short-term digestive problems. You need to wean them over a few days onto another diet and even then they might not get on with it. My dog has no allergies but I switched from a particular brand to another at my local pet shop and after days she still had really nasty soft shits. Most of what the supermarkets stock is utter garbage, and online retailers often take a few days to deliver - and that's if they have the food you need in stock. Can understand Pets at Home feeling like they need to stay open as they stock a massive variety of dog foods, meats, and food for a huge variety of other pets so people will be relying on them

7 hours ago, AoWW said:

lol I've heard similar.

"My child needs care because I'm a key worker"

"Yes, but you're on maternity leave...."