Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

The amount of money this virus is going to cost the government is absolutely staggering.

I imagine once this crisis is over we'll all be paying higher taxes for the next 10-15 years as a result.

Forever.....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Please explain, i'm not too clued up on self employed profits and all that sort of stuff

We don’t get any money until June, that’s what is grating.

If I could survive until June I wouldn’t need their help at all.

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The amount of money this virus is going to cost the government is absolutely staggering.

I imagine once this crisis is over we'll all be paying higher taxes for the next 10-15 years as a result.

There will need to be a new tax eventually to pay for this. Similar to the Germans still have for all the money they had to pump into east germany in the 90s

Where’s Mattp?

I feel I owe you an apology, I flew of the handle somewhat at your remark to self employed being tax dodgers earlier in the week, I’m sorry for what I said.

We are getting the same package eventually as PAYE and at the time I felt we had been forgotten and I am still convinced pressure for the cabinet and Westminster has made him show his hand. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:
Posted at 17:0717:07

BREAKINGSelf-employed help capped at £2,500 per month

Rishi Sunak says self-employed people facing financial difficulties will be able to have 80% of their monthly wages covered by the government.

He says this will be calculated using average monthly profits over last three financial years.

He says support will be capped at £2,500 per month, and will initially last three months.

I've only been self employed about 19 months so only submitted 1 tax return in that period, now will he take my 2 tax returns previous to that when I was employed into account.:please:

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

We don’t get any money until June, that’s what is grating.

If I could survive until June I wouldn’t need their help at all.

But then we get 3 months worth of money in one go (I think)

I guess he's also differed our tax and the banks are offering us an immediate 3 month mortgage holiday so I can see how it fits..

• Like 1

Just now, Izzy said:

I guess he's also differed our tax and the banks are offering us an immediate 3 month mortgage holiday so I can see how it fits..

yes I think it is backdated to 1st March (need to check, was listening on the radio)

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

I've only been self employed about 19 months so only submitted 1 tax return in that period, now will he take my 2 tax returns previous to that when I was employed into account.:please:

Get on the blower to your accountant as you won’t be the only one in this situation.

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Don't think so. 

I assume your payments will be based on just the 1 tax return you've filed as self employed. I think...

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

it's very complicated. I think they said if you'd filed one tax return you would be eligible. I guess they'd average the 19 months rather than 36? Who knows?

1 minute ago, whitlock said:

Any idea how this works for the construction trade where people are on a CIS scheme? 

HMRC will contact us direct, then fill in an online form and they automatically pay in our accounts once submitted is what he said.

Starting in June but I fear we will still be off work by then anyway.

8 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

We're getting a one time stipend that's about a week's wages for most people. It's all shite.

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Well impressed with Rishi once again.

Blokes got an impossible job but handling it extremely well in the circumstances I reckon.

For my criticisms of Boris and the government, Sunak has got a lot of respect from me. For someone thrown into the limelight he’s done very well.

I’m not sure how the self employed will feel about the payment date though...

8 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I'm queuing to get into asda wtf

All supermarkets are doing this. One in, one out to stop the mayhem and panicking. Easier on stuff and much more civilised. I went to Morrisons earlier and didn't mind it at all. 

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Still not entirely clear on what people in our position are able to claim. 

Like you, I pay myself £719 a month..so my self assessment only shows that.

How do they work out what dividends have been paid?

:dunno:

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If you’re sure you will get the money, can’t you borrow from the bank or credit card ahead of that June payment ?

I’m not sure I’ll get the money yet, I’ve not produced a set of accounts as I’ve only been self employed since October.

I could take it out of the 20% I’ve been putting aside for tax but I’d rather be certain I’m getting it than be left with a huge debt.

11 minutes ago, promised land said:

HMRC will contact us direct, then fill in an online form and they automatically pay in our accounts once submitted is what he said.

Starting in June but I fear we will still be off work by then anyway.

I think I will have to go back to wrk after Easter, I’ve been offered a new site and I don’t see how I can turn it down if everyone else out there is still working.

4 minutes ago, Milo said:

Still not entirely clear on what people in our position are able to claim. 

Like you, I pay myself £719 a month..so my self assessment only shows that.

How do they work out what dividends have been paid?

:dunno:

I read it as the payments will only apply to those with trading profits up to £50k anyway.

So I think you'll get nothing me old china :ph34r:

Edited by Izzy