Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

It was indeed nice once we got in. Barely anyone there at all. Still feel a cvnt for lining up round asda mind. 

I queued up to get into asda today, got in fairly quickly. Seemed reasonably done. Everyone avoiding each other inside. Noticed they have put arrows on the floor for getting round the store and aiding distancing. If you were to actually follow them, there was no way to get onto the beer isle.

I was shopping for an isolating relative and talking through the refrigerated reduced section with them incase they needed anything. Some bellend stood near me flapped his arms and said loudly "for **** sake I just want to get my shopping done and **** off home". Was obviously aimed at me as we were the only 2 on the isle but he didnt really say it to me. So I stayed there on the phone trying to help my relative whilst he huffed and puffed. Twat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, promised land said:

He did leave us SE late though compared to PAYE but he has given us the same deal albeit with a wait but I can take that, some won’t be able to, younger, new families, mortgages etc so I do feel for those.

Both Rishi and Boris are in at the deep end here in unprecedented times, at the minute they’re getting it done, no doubt mistakes will be made they’re human after all (like only just releasing this package) but it’s knowing that and changing it when it happens.

Your grandchildren will be paying this back for a long time but what’s the alternative?

Country goes to pot.

We just have to do what they say and keep fingers crossed it goes sooner than later.

Anyone who doesn’t now request a three month mortgage holiday (you have to state it’s required because of CV ) is being way too proud. You must request that it doesn’t affect your credit record. 

4 minutes ago, January47 said:

No it’s 150 / 1.33 which about 115

You miss understand me 

two days ago was an increase of 80/90

yesterday was 43 but today is 115

so yesterday and today are average 80 which is the rate recorded two days ago. So I’m pointing out that across the three days, the daily death rate is around 80 ......

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You miss understand me 

so yesterday and today are average 80 which is the rate recorded two days ago. So I’m pointing out that across the three days, the daily death rate is around 80 ......

The figures we have are for 32 hours though, 8+24 which is what @January47 is getting at I think.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You miss understand me 

No it isn’t. Yesterday’s measurement was over 8 hours, that’s why it was so low. Today’s was for 24 hours. So over the 32 hours there were 150/160 deaths which is about 115 per whole day

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone who doesn’t now request a three month mortgage holiday (you have to state it’s required because of CV ) is being way too proud. You must request that it doesn’t affect your credit record. 

It does increase your monthly payments and the overall repayment amount though. I looked into doing it and it would cost me about £900 more overall and the monthly fee for the rest of the term up £20

Edited by danny.

1 minute ago, January47 said:

No it isn’t. Yesterday’s measurement was over 8 hours, that’s why it was so low. Today’s was for 24 hours. So over the 32 hours there were 150/160 deaths which is about 115 per whole day

Does it matter, you're both splitting hairs over people dying ffs.

Guest Markyblue
8 minutes ago, brucey said:

For what it’s worth, my local hospital has said they expect the peak to start in mid April and last for 6 weeks. 

Isn't a peak the high point of anything?

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I don’t get it 

Those eligible have trading profits up to 50k 

The 5% who are ineligible earn over 200k 

What about those between 50k and 200k ? 

The 5% who are ineligible are those who get their income from different revenue sources (I think) and earn on average over £200k. I wouldn't be surprised in PL footballers fall into this category - ie on the payroll at the club but also have their own Ltd company for image rights, endorsements etc. 

I think those who make more than £50k profit will just get the same as those who earn £50k. ie that's the max payout of £2500 per month or whatever it is. Similar to companies being given £2500 per employee to cover wages.

I might be wrong but it seems fair enough to me. I guess it means if you're well paid (either as an employee or self employed) and can't work, you'll still get £2500 a month to live on in the short term plus option of mortgage holiday etc.

Just means everyone gets something apart from that 5% 

I could well be making all this up though :thumbup:

• Like 1

Felt a bit of a tit tbf in a street of people who have probably got kids and stuff to be dealing with but opened the front door and me and the Mrs gave a thanks to the incredible NHS for a minute (possibly 45 seconds) lol

Thought was there, and again anybody on here that is a key worker and especially if your are part of our brilliant health service... Thank you x

Edited by EastAnglianFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

The 5% who are ineligible are those who get their income from different revenue sources (I think) and earn on average over £200k. I wouldn't be surprised in PL footballers fall into this category - ie on the payroll at the club but also have their own Ltd company for image rights, endorsements etc. 

I think those who make more than £50k profit will just get the same as those who earn £50k. ie that's the max payout of £2500 per month or whatever it is. Similar to companies being given £2500 per employee to cover wages.

I might be wrong but it seems fair enough to me. I guess it means if you're well paid (either as an employee or self employed) and can't work, you'll still get £2500 a month to live on in the short term plus option of mortgage holiday etc.

Just means everyone gets something apart from that 5% 

I could well be making all this up though :thumbup:

Ah, ok 

What if you are working but earning less than the average per month of your last three years ? 

Bear in mind that I’m taking your representations as gospel 😉