Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

e853add0-6eea-11ea-89df-41bea055720b?fit

Can't see US's curve declining, can only see it getting steeper.

Japan :o

Not sure what to make of UK. Still got plenty of time to see if this lockdown is productive. Won't see real benefits (if any) of it for a good 10-14 days perhaps?

Spain's incline is significant. Worse than Italy?

20 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Not for a second am I putting myself in the above jobs

im a sales representative for a small packaging company,I’ve been taken off the road and am working in the factory instead of telling lies all day.Bloody hell its hard graft with 3 of us in the factory,one my lad who is at college,instead of 5 and obviously Me and him are amateurs,im doing 18/19000 steps a day and I hurt all over.

We do loads for the medical industry and it’s gone barmy.

Today I’ve had emails virtually begging us to stay open of which we will ,saying how much they need us and one from national defence saying similar and to copy and keep copies if we are pulled over by the Police to say we are part of a critical supply chain.

There was me thinking it was just Cardboard and stratocell foam.Never thought such an uninteresting industry can suddenly be looked upon with such importance.

We are putting these industries to the front in production.

Strange times indeed.

Absolutley essential - I work for a major pallet company, and my god if our plants stopped working we would all be hungry in a few weeks time.  It really brings home that companies like ours are keeping good moving.  You also keep up the good work buddy!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Absolutley essential - I work for a major pallet company, and my god if our plants stopped working we would all be hungry in a few weeks time.  It really brings home that companies like ours are keeping good moving.  You also keep up the good work buddy!

You too Jon.You take for granted a bit of cardboard and a four way entry closed perimeter pallet or a common HT Euro.All needed

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

wasn't expecting may in our street to take part but it was phenomenal. My neighbor (who is in her 70s) was out there clapping like she was at a Queen concert

Lovely stuff

Nice to see, and hear, i live on a council estate, was really good to see loads make the effort

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

You guys do a tough job all the time, but facing this bastard virus is something else.  Stay well!

Thank you Jon. Difficult and unprecedented times, mate. We're in it together. 

Edited by Parafox

Downing Street has claimed it failed to take part in an EU scheme to source life-saving ventilators to treat coronavirus because it accidentally missed the deadline.

No 10 initially said it did not take part because the UK was “no longer a member” and was “making our own efforts”.

But after critics accused Boris Johnson of putting “Brexit over breathing”, a No 10 spokesman clarified that it had missed out because of an error and would consider participating in future. It is understood the UK claims not to have received an email from the EU asking it to participate.

41 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not sure what to make of UK. Still got plenty of time to see if this lockdown is productive. Won't see real benefits (if any) of it for a good 10-14 days perhaps?

Japan just stopped counting then. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That graph is gonna look a whole lot worse for us when today's number is added .......

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Thank you and the number of responses to my earlier post makes me realise the appreciation you guys have. Thank you all.

My wife works in intensive care and just got back from a day shift at the Royal. Bruised face from wearing mask all day and so tired she could barely drive home (although she was still ok to moan at me about the house being untidy).

So to you and @z-layrex and the others - fair play to you and thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This guy, Chris Martensen, has been making a pretty much daily video commentary of various aspects of this crisis for a couple of months now. I’ve been following his commentary on what he calls the three Es (Energy, Economy & Environment) since before the GFC. With a background in microbiology he started this set of commentaries early on in the crisis. IMO he’s been spot on all the way.

This is one of his recent videos. It mentions the Oxford study amongst a load of other stuff.

https://www.peakprosperity.com/the-coronavirus-pandemic-is-forcing-leaders-to-decide-save-lives-or-the-economy/

All his other videos are online as well.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

USA now with most cases in the world at over 80K, higher than China's (alleged) figure

The USA is a total disaster, the figures in New York are astronomical and make Madrid and Lombardy look good.

If you want a job creating, low tax economy Trump is your man. For something like this you don't want him near the role - even worse he's got an election to try and win which will be clouding sensible judgement.

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That graph is gonna look a whole lot worse for us when today's number is added .......

It'll still look pretty similar - the scale is logarithmic so 100 in a day at our current position will be a similar gradient to what it has been the last few days. Still not good, but it wont look much worse than at present.

• Like 2