Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

29 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The amount of money this virus is going to cost the government is absolutely staggering.

I imagine once this crisis is over we'll all be paying higher taxes for the next 10-15 years as a result.

I imagine the knock-on effects will be astounding and, as you say, will hit us all very hard when this is all over

The BBC's Laura Kuenssberg asks what will happen to people not covered by the scheme.

Rishi Sunak says it will cover 95% of people who make the majority of their wages through being self-employed.

He says the last 5% have average incomes of £200,000

That'll be you @Milo :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

The BBC's Laura Kuenssberg asks what will happen to people not covered by the scheme.

Rishi Sunak says it will cover 95% of people who make the majority of their wages through being self-employed.

He says the last 5% have average incomes of £200,000

That'll be you @Milo :thumbup:

I'm a bit disappointed he didn't name check me, tbh... 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

For my criticisms of Boris and the government, Sunak has got a lot of respect from me. For someone thrown into the limelight he’s done very well.

I’m not sure how the self employed will feel about the payment date though...

it is a pretty decent scheme for most people.Hard to see what else they could do re payment timing as they have to contact everyone and then get them to get back to them etc. This is a lot of people.

I think they are doing about all they can to prop up the country financially. The big concern is that the period stipulated is 3 months. I'm pretty sure that won't be anywhere near long enough for some people.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I imagine the knock-on effects will be astounding and, as you say, will hit us all very hard when this is all over

Think it'll be harder with this potential effect considering the Brexit situation.

Edited by Wymsey

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think one of the up sides (?) is that it will hit every country. Everyone is going to be fvcked...so there will be a level(ish) playing field.

There is going to be a major recalibration of lots of things in the coming months and years 

32 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The amount of money this virus is going to cost the government is absolutely staggering.

I imagine once this crisis is over we'll all be paying higher taxes for the next 10-15 years as a result.

It's going to affect global politics for decades.

Particularly with everyone's relationships with China.

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

@Izzy's alright anyway. He can afford to buy 48 bog rolls in one go!
lol

I'll have you know I queued for an hour outside Tesco for one pack of 24 and an hour outside Aldi for the other pack of 24 this morning.

The kids won't be able to eat for a week but at least I can wipe my ass without the anxiety of running out of bog roll :thumbup:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It is going to be a tough job to get the timing right too. Increase taxes too soon on what is going to be a shattered economy not just in the Uk but worldwide and everything will just never get off the ground again. I suspect there will have to be a lot of money printed by the Bank of England in forms of fiscal stimuli.

Add to that the necessity of trade deals to be negotiated and we're going to be in for a very rocky few years.

20 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Well impressed with Rishi once again.

Blokes got an impossible job but handling it extremely well in the circumstances I reckon.

He did leave us SE late though compared to PAYE but he has given us the same deal albeit with a wait but I can take that, some won’t be able to, younger, new families, mortgages etc so I do feel for those.

Both Rishi and Boris are in at the deep end here in unprecedented times, at the minute they’re getting it done, no doubt mistakes will be made they’re human after all (like only just releasing this package) but it’s knowing that and changing it when it happens.

Your grandchildren will be paying this back for a long time but what’s the alternative?

Country goes to pot.

We just have to do what they say and keep fingers crossed it goes sooner than later.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'll have you know I queued for an hour outside Tesco for one pack of 24 and an hour outside Aldi for the other pack of 24 this morning.

The kids won't be able to eat for a week but at least I can wipe my ass without the anxiety of running out of bog roll :thumbup:

How many times did you shit yourself in those hours :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Finally got some bog roll after 3 weeks without seeing any in any shop (I luckily had 10 already in the cupboard), it's the greatest day of my life since I pulled the Leeds Utd shiny out to complete my Merlin Premier League 95 sticker album. What a moment.

luckily i have a whole bunch of old 20's that i can use.

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue

You can be poor,  you can be rich, you can pay higher taxes for years.... pretty much impossible to do any of these if dead so cheer up and be positive. 

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Rishi going to bring in new tax allowances for your bog roll.

53 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Or just deal with it the same way David Mitchell suggested we dealt with the recession.

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How many times did you shit yourself in those hours :ph34r:

If I'd have eaten breakfast beforehand, probably twice.

I have to starve myself first, otherwise I can't really leave the house :thumbup:

38 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Went Tesco for 1st time in 3 weeks today.Italian stylie queuing system.All very civil and well organised.Once in it was bliss tbf.

It was indeed nice once we got in. Barely anyone there at all. Still feel a cvnt for lining up round asda mind. 

• Haha 1