Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Felt a bit of a tit tbf in a street of people who have probably got kids and stuff to be dealing with but opened the front door and me and the Mrs gave a thanks to the incredible NHS for a minute (possibly 45 seconds) lol

Thought was their, and again anybody on here that is a key worker and especially if your are part of our brilliant health service... Thank you x

Damn I wondered what all the clapping and whistling was, I knew nothing about this gesture unfortunately 🙈

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Ah, ok 

What if you are working but earning less than the average per month of your last three years ? 

Bear in mind that I’m taking your representations as gospel 😉

Good point.

I didn't see it but I got the gist on the news.

What if you sell online (like me) and sales drop off a cliff (me again)?  

Do you qualify?  Surely you can't continue to limp along and also claim it.  Should I mothball the business?  I dunno. 

Very confused.  More than normal.

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

If your self employed and unsure on what it means to you then put itv on at 20:30 (10 mins)

Martin Lewis will answer questions on it  

I don’t have live tv.

If anyone is watching, find out where I stand having not produced a set of accounts yet.

8 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Ah, ok 

What if you are working but earning less than the average per month of your last three years ? 

Bear in mind that I’m taking your representations as gospel 😉

Then I think you get exactly what your average is (ie you don't profit from this!)

Similarly as en employee the gov give up to £2500 per employee but if you earn £1500 a month you'd still get that.

I think!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Then I think you get exactly what your average is (ie you don't profit from this!)

Similarly as en employee the gov give up to £2500 per employee but if you earn £1500 a month you'd still get that.

I think!

Well 80% of it ........ and I read somewhere that the employer would receive your pension contribution and employers NI as part of the 80% so this 80% once paye, both NI’s and pension have been deducted may look a lot less generous that some employees are expecting. BUT the idea is that this encourages business’ not to make you redundant rather than re imbursing you for the majority of your wages  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don’t have live tv.

If anyone is watching, find out where I stand having not produced a set of accounts yet.

View the BBC News online site report of the statement made. Towards the bottom of the item it says..

'The scheme does not cover people who only became self-employed very recently - the chancellor said they would have to look to the benefits system for support.'

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I have a bad feeling for you .............. sunak said the newly self employed would fall through the gaps 

3 minutes ago, MiDuck55 said:

View the BBC News online site report of the statement made. Towards the bottom of the item it says..

'The scheme does not cover people who only became self-employed very recently - the chancellor said they would have to look to the benefits system for support.'

How recent is that? Weeks, months, year?

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think!

Presumably if I earn 2500 or more before the virus but only 1500 now I would get 1000 ? 

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Presumably if I earn 2500 or more before the virus but only 1500 now I would get 1000 ? 

I can’t say for certain but I’m not sure you qualify if you’re still earning?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I can’t say for certain but I’m not sure you qualify if you’re still earning?

he did say right at the start "self employed who are affected by the corona virus".

So yeah, if you're still earning your usual wedge, or close to it, then you don't need government help - I think

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Just to reiterate... anyone on here who works for the NHS, works in anything to do with the education, is a social worker, part of the army, any emergency service or ANY other form of work that is currently making sacrifices to save lives/make ours better... thank you.

Not for a second am I putting myself in the above jobs

im a sales representative for a small packaging company,I’ve been taken off the road and am working in the factory instead of telling lies all day.Bloody hell its hard graft with 3 of us in the factory,one my lad who is at college,instead of 5 and obviously Me and him are amateurs,im doing 18/19000 steps a day and I hurt all over.

We do loads for the medical industry and it’s gone barmy.

Today I’ve had emails virtually begging us to stay open of which we will ,saying how much they need us and one from national defence saying similar and to copy and keep copies if we are pulled over by the Police to say we are part of a critical supply chain.

There was me thinking it was just Cardboard and stratocell foam.Never thought such an uninteresting industry can suddenly be looked upon with such importance.

We are putting these industries to the front in production.

Strange times indeed.

• Like 2