Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Guest Markyblue
5 hours ago, Fktf said:

You're right that the measure will always be subject to error, as no test is 100 percent accurate. My point is we have way more than 30000 cases at the moment, which makes the death rate look bad. We're probably between 1 and 2 million cases 

Everything ive seen from scientists seems to point to 1 death in a 1000 infections so i think your looking at 2.5 million. 

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I believe that the majority of those who go onto a ventilator don’t come out of this. Normal respiratory disease patients going onto a ventilator have a 30% mortality rate. Initial assessments of cv19 from Wuhan was 90%.  

obviously data is hard to come by because some patients  are on ventilators for weeks before dying .... 

I get that ....my response was a tad flippant, especially on the ventilator aspect. It does irk me that some people make a big deal that those with influence automatically get special treatment ....... of course they do ..... it’s not rocket science ! 

I've mentioned the company before, Athersys have a therapy that has been tested for ARDS and is about to be launched on a larger scale. I really hope it helps as many people as possible as it cuts the mortality rate in half.

The thing about this is that it gets worse before it’s gonna get better. The positive is that we aren’t actually all that far away from the peak. 

9 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Another day, another mental shitstorm. Its hard to describe it to anyone who hasn't worked in an ICU before, but all I can say is that it's a ****ing warzone. It still doesnt seem real, like everything is a movie or a dream and you'll wake up soon, it's that surreal.

None of us ever thought it could be like this.

Whatever you're being paid the gov't should double it.

Respect.

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

The thing about this is that it gets worse before it’s gonna get better. The positive is that we aren’t actually all that far away from the peak. 

We have at least another week of rising figures, maybe more.

Guest Fktf
3 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Everything ive seen from scientists seems to point to 1 death in a 1000 infections so i think your looking at 2.5 million. 

My mistake, this is a more accurate estimate. Couldn't be bothered to look up the death figures, and what I had in memory was clearly out of date! Only by a day at least.. 

makes you wonder https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/bill-gates-epidemic-pandemic-preparedness-ebola-covid-19/

In October 2019, weeks before the COVID-19 outbreak was identified in China, the World Economic Forum, in conjunction the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, hosted a high-level simulation exercise for pandemic preparedness and response.

The exercise brought together business, government, security and public health leaders to address a hypothetical global pandemic scenario. It also included a live virtual experience to engage global stakeholders and members of the public.

2 months later there is a pandemic. lol 

other things to note in 2015 he said “Next time, we might not be so lucky. You can have a virus where people feel well enough while they’re infectious that they get on a plane, or they go to a market,” he said. 

To deal with the next epidemic, Gates has suggested we need the following:

Simulations, or “germ games” to see how well leaders are prepared.

Edited by whoareyaaa

41 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

makes you wonder https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/bill-gates-epidemic-pandemic-preparedness-ebola-covid-19/

In October 2019, weeks before the COVID-19 outbreak was identified in China, the World Economic Forum, in conjunction the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, hosted a high-level simulation exercise for pandemic preparedness and response.

The exercise brought together business, government, security and public health leaders to address a hypothetical global pandemic scenario. It also included a live virtual experience to engage global stakeholders and members of the public.

2 months later there is a pandemic. lol 

other things to note in 2015 he said “Next time, we might not be so lucky. You can have a virus where people feel well enough while they’re infectious that they get on a plane, or they go to a market,” he said. 

To deal with the next epidemic, Gates has suggested we need the following:

Simulations, or “germ games” to see how well leaders are prepared.

Makes you wonder what? 

• Like 1

On 31/03/2020 at 18:46, worthosoriginals said:

He's gone a bit quiet about lots of us are lizard people under human skin,  plus the other cracker he came up with, about the moon being hollowed out and now full of aliens. How does he know that? Has be been in his own rocket and drilled into the moon, I just doubt it. 

He comes out with stuff to sell his books, the gullibles are lapping it up. 

Exactly.  He talks about "the system" benefitting from this but the only person I have seen since this started who seems to be enjoying and making money from it is him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Izzy said:

I'm a bit of a minority case Deb which is why I'll get nothing currently.

Most self employed people are classed as Sole Traders and can get support.

Most business owners are Ltd companies and employ staff and they can also get support.

Then you'e got self employed people like me who are also registered as a Ltd company who fall in the middle and get nowt (currently) as we only pay ourselves a minimum tax free salary and take the rest as dividends (which can vary month to month)

My own choice to be a Ltd company on my Accountants advice and having been called a 'Tax Dodger' a few times on here, I doubt I'll get much sympathy :rolleyes: 

Hi Izzy, genuine question, what support is there for sole traders, I think I'm classed as this, I'm self employed delivering advertising magazines and leaflets, as of last week the company that I collected from and got payed by, closed until further notice, so like you I've no income at all.

15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Exactly.  He talks about "the system" benefitting from this but the only person I have seen since this started who seems to be enjoying and making money from it is him.

I think the big corporations might come out the other side of this relatively untouched.Or even stronger.

7 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

I think the big corporations might come out the other side of this relatively untouched.Or even stronger.

Yes of course you are right.  Doesn't make anything he has said valid though.  

19 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Hi Izzy, genuine question, what support is there for sole traders, I think I'm classed as this, I'm self employed delivering advertising magazines and leaflets, as of last week the company that I collected from and got payed by, closed until further notice, so like you I've no income at all.

Details here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-coronavirus-covid-19-self-employment-income-support-scheme

If you don't qualify for this (e.g. no 2018-19 self-assessment tax return submitted), I presume applying for Universal Credit is the main option, though there may be others. 

Edit: If you are eligible, as the link says, you cannot apply yet. HMRC will contact you, with payments due in June, I think.....though there's political pressure on the Govt to arrange for payments earlier.

Edited by Alf Bentley