Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

3 minutes ago, simFox said:

Went wouldn't they be when they've just effectively given everyone a holiday/time off at home and paid them to do it (mostly)

It’s fairly typical at times of war and great national stress for the public to rally behind the leader, irrespective of how good/bad a job they’re doing .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

What was the news about the lockdown? Are we extending beyond the initial three weeks? 

I'd say it'll be extended to another three weeks, until around early Summer.

The people, including the government, fighting this virus can't have their actions argued against.

They're seriously doing all they can to combat it.

-

This virus in emoticons:

:(:blink::mellow::nono::@:mad::cry::(:mellow::blink::nono:

Edited by Wymsey

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

How come the testing centres we have set up here all appear empty when you see images on the news?

Because at this moment they’re not required. These are in preparation. 

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

That’s not what the who said.

Yeah but they also said they wanted to die before they got old, so can you trust them.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Find it surprising that leaders approval ratings are going up in this crisis - I genuinely thought it would be the opposite.

IMG_20200401_201722.jpg

(He isn't on here but Conte has shot up as well)

Not surprised, he's been working wonders at Inter Milan.

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Another day, another mental shitstorm. Its hard to describe it to anyone who hasn't worked in an ICU before, but all I can say is that it's a ****ing warzone. It still doesnt seem real, like everything is a movie or a dream and you'll wake up soon, it's that surreal.

None of us ever thought it could be like this.

Thank you for all you are doing. Keep talking. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Another day, another mental shitstorm. Its hard to describe it to anyone who hasn't worked in an ICU before, but all I can say is that it's a ****ing warzone. It still doesnt seem real, like everything is a movie or a dream and you'll wake up soon, it's that surreal.

Keep going mate, you and your colleagues are absolute heroes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Thanks for being there for everyone you and your colleagues are truly heroes, a massive thanks. Hope you can get some well earned rest my friend.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rachhere said:

Am I the only person who is eating better and exercising more during this?! My trousers are definitely looser (even if my husband can't tell :mad:!)

Yes me too. To avoid the supermarkets as much as we can we’ve ordered from the butchers and get fruit and veg box from a local company meaning we’re all sitting down to healthier meals and completely cut out those pushed for time bung it in the oven/microwave dinners full of salt and fat. Plus to make sure we use all the veg takeaways have pretty much gone out for window. It’s a way of shopping I’ll continue with after all this, just uses supermarkets for cereal and bits that I can’t get elsewhere. 

I’ve also had time to take up running again so that’s helped with the waistband too lol 

• Like 1

Something else that is very disturbing is the percentage of deaths in the UK which is at 8% from just under 30,000 confirmed cases. On the other hand the US has just 2.2% from over 200,000 confirmed cases, which means we have an almost 4 times higher death rate than they do.

It's just so confusing as to why the Government downgrade Covid 19 from a "high consequence infectious disease" just before we went into lock down when you look at the figures, assuming they are correct.

Edited by Kendal Fox

Guest Fktf
2 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Something else that is very disturbing is the percentage of deaths in the UK which is at 8% from just under 30,000 confirmed cases. On the other hand the US has just 2.2% from over 200,000 confirmed cases, which means we have an almost 4 times higher death rate than they do.

So why did the Government downgrade Covid 19 from a "high consequence infectious disease" just before we went into lock down? 

Our confirmed cases won't be an accurate reflection of the true number of cases. We won't know the true death rate until we get antibody testing. 

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

This comes more from Frustration & Annoyance than any forethought,but it has to be asked...

Why..like our soldiers Protection Equivalent are the various Frontline Hospitals and carers, lacking in PPE's..

What have These so self-important high earning,( many,much more than Medical staff themselves) Admin-staff been and are doing,

Is this Now The Time they should be Stepping up to the plate...We have heard over All these years of Hospital private Admin-management critical Work in

supporting Hospital and Medical workers behind the scenes....

Now either Information and truth  is being bogged down on Political cynism,or again Frontline public service personelle are being again Short changed on life-saving protection necessities....

Don t anybody start trying to do the numbers..!!! Its pathetic and does ask questions und put rightly Governments und others  in the firing line..

Especially After listening in All different languages from various Governements ( Advantage  of travel and Learning languages) then the biggest Chest-thumpers

USA,cant supply their priority Front-line workers.....Time for Admins & Logistics Management to get their Fingers out,instead of searching for Short cuts und excuses....!!!!   

Its now being Reporterd now,that NHS managers are threatening their staff with consequences,if they Report poor Quality  or Lack of PPE...getting through

Can we take as of now!! These People Off the line Please....if true!!!

1 minute ago, Fktf said:

Our confirmed cases won't be an accurate reflection of the true number of cases. We won't know the true death rate until we get antibody testing. 

But if they have no way of knowing the accuracy, just how do they get confirmed?

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Its now being Reporterd now,that NHS managers are threatening their staff with consequences,if they Report poor Quality  or Lack of PPE...getting through

Can we take as of now!! These People Off the line Please....if true!!!

I just don't get why they are threatening to fire medics when we are in the grip of a pandemic.

If true, it is only going to increase the death rate which makes you wonder just how much of this, when it is all said and done, could have been avoided... Just astonishing.

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

You reckon?

It'll 100% be extended. Not sure what me and the missus are going to do, we won't have seen each other for almost 5 weeks by the end of this lockdownlol I've just been on Xbox with the boys and watching shite tv :D

20 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

It's just so confusing as to why the Government downgrade Covid 19 from a "high consequence infectious disease" just before we went into lock down when you look at the figures, assuming they are correct.

We'll have thousands of cases that haven't been confirmed. I reckon the death rate is about 1%, but obviously we'll need scientific proof to find out exactly.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Guest Fktf
8 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

But if they have no way of knowing the accuracy, just how do they get confirmed?

You're right that the measure will always be subject to error, as no test is 100 percent accurate. My point is we have way more than 30000 cases at the moment, which makes the death rate look bad. We're probably between 1 and 2 million cases 

11 minutes ago, Fktf said:

You're right that the measure will always be subject to error, as no test is 100 percent accurate. My point is we have way more than 30000 cases at the moment, which makes the death rate look bad. We're probably between 1 and 2 million cases 

I've thought about that too, but just seeing these numbers with words like "Confirmed" and "Exponential" seems to underline how bad it is.

If that's the case and you are close, I wonder if it will be similar in Italy and Spain in the long run?

Guest Fktf
1 minute ago, Kendal Fox said:

I've thought about that too, but just seeing these numbers with words like "Confirmed" and "Exponential" seems to underline how bad it is.

If that's the case and you are close, I wonder if it will be similar in Italy and Spain in the long run?

The next few days will tell us, but I don't hold much hope for us being any different. The time to change the course of the disease in this country passed us by a few weeks ago. 

At that time we were on a similar path to Italy, and our lack of action at that time means we've continued to follow them. We're edging closer and closer to the 800 deaths per day that Spain and Italy are seeing, and if we start to hit those numbers consistently, we'll have a very similar outcome. 

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

not in west london https://www.mylondon.news/news/health/london-coronavirus-watch-shocking-footage-18019150

Only yesterday it was revealed that another 38 patients had died at either Northwick Park or Ealing hospitals, which are both relatively close to North Acton station. The trust that runs the hospitals has seen more deaths of patients with coronavirus than any other trust in the country.

0_North-Acton-2.png

Hardly any of them wearing masks either