Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

There hasn’t been any confusion, just people being deliberately obtuse.

Its no coincidence it’s the people that have been bashing the government at any opportunity.

Yes, that must be it. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Lets just review this new advice;

View image on Twitter

1) Stay at home as much as possible.

2)Work from home if you can.

3)Limit contact with other people.

4)Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)

5) Wash your hands regularly.

Can anyone tell me which of those instructions any reasonably intelligent person would find confusing? The alternative is a 2000 word essay explaining every possible contingency which nobody would read.

Honestly none of the instructions are confusing or misleading. As per the media and journalists are jumping and pushing agendas across at the public causing uproar. 

This isn't to take away from the mistakes the Gov. has made, and there are a fair few, but confusion over rules since lockdown is not one of them. 

• Like 1

I genuinely can not fathom how people have such an issue with this. They've changed the message to give people hope ffs, people (most, anyway) are now conditioned to the point where having advice spelled out for them EVERY SINGLE DAY is not necessary, if anything, hearing the same thing every day for 7 weeks is grating on peoples last nerves.

STAY ALERT, use your own ****ing brain cells. If you *think* something isn't a good idea, like visiting other peoples homes, it's probably not a good ****ing idea is it. :facepalm:

• Like 3

I’m scratching my head thinking why change it? 

I’ve seen one paper today says that people took the message too literal and the government felt that was too much? Not on the evidence of the last few days. 

And the fact we are here debating it suggests it isn’t clear. Majority of folk won’t see that criteria and just see the main headline- particularly the generation focused on social media. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Lets just review this new advice;

View image on Twitter

1) Stay at home as much as possible.

2)Work from home if you can.

3)Limit contact with other people.

4)Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)

5) Wash your hands regularly.

Can anyone tell me which of those instructions any reasonably intelligent person would find confusing? The alternative is a 2000 word essay explaining every possible contingency which nobody would read.s

See my above post :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

tbf there are about 50 million people in this country who i would definitely not class as "reasonably intelligent" 

This is the crux of it I’m afraid I’m not even joking.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Strokes said:

There hasn’t been any confusion, just people being deliberately obtuse.

Its no coincidence it’s the people that have been bashing the government at any opportunity.

As much as I'm guilty of the above, it's also no coincidence that some people can't ever criticise the government. They must do no wrong. We must follow them. Regardless of anything they do or don't do. We must defend them. 

:dunno:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

tbf there are about 50 million people in this country who i would definitely not class as "reasonably intelligent" 

If that's the case there's no point issuing instructions anyway.

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

How are people finding this confusing? 

DA8BF65C-7DC8-4AB1-BD39-07F04FE32D28.thumb.jpeg.260cbad55e434d0b15dc4e0de519e0a6.jpeg

It’s not confusing, it’s just that it’s exactly the same as it was before, so the confusion is “I’m sure that’s what we’ve been doing do 2 months”

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

A lot of the confusion for me comes from media outlets "leaking information". If we hadn't had the whole 3 days of changing policy bullshit to sell papers there'd be so much less confusion.  

That’s because those media outlets are invited by government to briefings which this information is divulged.

This has been the case under Johnson just before the General Election. Specific journalists, specific media sources 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

If that's the case there's no point issuing instructions anyway.

well it worked much better when we had a simple instruction of "stay the fu ck at home you stupid cu nts". that only starting slipping when, shock horror, the newspapers read by those stupid 50 million people told them all to go outside cos it was sunny. 

if we want everyone back indoors a simple return to the message to stay at home would probably have been a much better idea than to change the message completely but also say nothing has changed. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

A lot of the confusion for me comes from media outlets "leaking information". If we hadn't had the whole 3 days of changing policy bullshit to sell papers there'd be so much less confusion.  

People aren't content to wait for the official advice to come from Boris though, they'd rather get it from the tabloid press and then bash the government with it before it's even been announced and explained 

• Like 2

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

That’s because those media outlets are invited by government to briefings which this information is divulged.

This has been the case under Johnson just before the General Election. Specific journalists, specific media sources 

It completely needs to stop, I won't rant about each party, but a huge issue in this country is our medias free reign to basically do what the **** they want. 

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

How are people finding this confusing? 

DA8BF65C-7DC8-4AB1-BD39-07F04FE32D28.thumb.jpeg.260cbad55e434d0b15dc4e0de519e0a6.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Because they want to. 

I agree with both of you.....but think that's why it's important not to give an excuse to people who want to be "confused" or to feel they can return to normal  - and that's what I feel this does.

I agree that, if you stop and read them, those instructions are pretty clear. But who are the people who are least likely to read and think about them? Precisely those who don't want to think, who just want to "get back to normal".

A lot of people take general messages from things but don't look at the detail. "The end of lockdown" was all over the press a few days ago, a bit of sun and more people seem to have been flooding out.....and the risk is that the message those people get is "it's OK to just stay alert"

It's precisely because there's going to be a bit of loosening of lockdown that the messaging needs to remain strong. To anyone who's a bit cautious, thoughtful or responsible, that message is quite clear.

To anyone who's an idiot itching to get out there, the message is: "Dear idiot, nudge-nudge, wink-wink, lockdown is winding down, we give you carte blanche to be an idiot"....and that risks creating the wrong momentum.

If so (and I hope I'm wrong), yes, the idiots are to blame for that - but the messaging would also be to blame for giving them the excuse to act out their idiocy.