Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Just been sent some stupid ****ing poster doing the rounds on social media, advertising a mass anti lockdown gathering at Abbey and Braunstone Parks on Saturday. 

**** my life. **** the absolute retards. 

If it's affecting them this much, then perhaps they need to re-assess their lives.

This type of 'event'/mentality just shows that sadly there's people out there with a 'holier than thou' attitude, who don't care about others (in this case, not caring that tens of thousands of families in this country are grieving due to losing a loved one who tragically passed away with this horrible virus).

Edited by Wymsey

41 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Yeah, ridiculous isn't it. Kids get rewarded for shit like "effort". 

None of that in my class. When I give them a maths test, I line them all up in order of score, and then give the bottom 20% a good kicking.

lol Too right, sets them up for what society is really like, life aint a bunch of participation awards.

Any suggestions on what to do if your child minder is breaking the current rules?

Now I have accepted I find the current guidelines a little odd, and my wife is currently working from home so my kids aren't currently going to the child minder. However she is currently sat in my next door neighbours garden having a lovely time with a few glasses of wine.

I considered her to be a decent child minder, we have never had any issues, but she's meant to be in a position of responsibility and we entrust her with our kids welfare. 

Would genuinely like to know if people would let it slide or raise it as an issue.

Me and the wife are a little unsure what to do, as she is breaching current guidelines. But it's hardly the crime of the century.

Edited by Bayfox

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Any suggestions on what to do if your child minder is breaking the current rules?

Now I have accepted I find the current guidelines a little odd, and my wife is currently working from home so my kids aren't currently going to the child minder. However she is currently sat in my next door neighbours garden having a lovely time with a few glasses of wine.

I considered her to be a decent child minder, we have never had any issues, but she's meant to be in a position of responsibility and we entrust her with our kids welfare. 

Would genuinely like to know if people would let it slide or raise it as an issue.

Me and the wife are a little unsure what to do, as she is breaching current guidelines. But it's hardly the crime of the century.

She’s having a glass of wine whilst looking after your kids?

That’s not good...

On 13/05/2020 at 11:34, WigstonWanderer said:

Sorry, but the more you hear about the UK response to this pandemic, the more inept & shifty it sounds. This is NOT a matter of politics, it is a matter of the competence & trustworthiness of the government and authorities.

Australia also has a conservative government, but are eminently more competent.

Oh I agree it is a question of competence over political ideology, that’s one of the reasons I’ve always objected to Johnson being prime minister.

Funnily enough the one thing they’ve done well in the short term at least, is look after workers which is, as well know, not what they are known for usually.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Just been sent some stupid ****ing poster doing the rounds on social media, advertising a mass anti lockdown gathering at Abbey and Braunstone Parks on Saturday. 

So what time will you be arriving at Abbey Park on Saturday?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Have a word. Pop your head over....”I thought I recognised the voice lol......Have you moved in?”

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Could be worth going down with a four pack and watching from a far though 😂

25 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Let it go but don't employ her again.

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

what's it look like? Interested to see how they're portraying it. 

23 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If it's affecting them this much, then perhaps they need to re-assess their lives.

This type of 'event'/mentality just shows that sadly there's people out there with a 'holier than thou' attitude, who don't care about others (in this case, not caring that tens of thousands of families in this country are grieving due to losing a loved one who tragically passed away with this horrible virus).

These are very selfish people who just want their old way of life back no matter what the cost to others. They are the sort of people who will cut you up driving on the road, jump red lights, push in front of you in a traffic queue, refuse to give way to you when you have right of way and not acknowledge you when they have right of way, put themselves before anyone and have no respect or consideration for the feelings, needs, concerns or anything that those they disrespect might be affected by their actions.

Of course, there's plenty of other simple, selfish people as well as those "activists" who will just protest at anything that doesn't fit their personal agenda.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

If she's a good child minder then I'd keep her. If she's a shit childminder then I'd let her go.

I wouldn't let how she's dealing with the current situation sway your view tbh

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Surely, given we've got measures in place to lift the lockdown over a period of time, this would've been more effective seven weeks ago when we'd just entered the lockdown?

"We're against lockdown but we'll protest when people are allowed out more".

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If she's a good child minder then I'd keep her. If she's a shit childminder then I'd let her go.

I wouldn't let how she's dealing with the current situation sway your view tbh

This this this

44 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

This is where the "guidelines" are vague. Last Friday we had a socially distant VE day street party with 3 neighbours, a total of 8 people in the neighbouring gardens. That sort of thing was given the OK by the Gov. 

Your childminder isn't in contact with your children at this time so there's unlikely to be a risk to them. If she is socially distancing, I don't see a problem as long as she hasn't had to enter the house to get to the garden. So FWIW I wouldn't concern myself. What action would you take anyway? Sack her? She will need the income when she can start childminding again (if ever).

Again, it's vague, but, as I understand it one person can visit another person in their garden as long as they observe social distancing.

Unless your childminder and your neighbours are swingers, I think you'll be ok. 

having a lovely time with a few glasses of wine.

Or are you jealous lol

Edited by Parafox

34 minutes ago, stix said:

Have a word. Pop your head over....”I thought I recognised the voice lol......Have you moved in?”

My wife suggested similar to make a point. Or asking my daughter to shout hi out the window lol I felt that was using the kids.

And my biggest issue is that I know my daughter and the next time theres a discipline issue, she will use the you can't follow rules yourself argument and I have to admit she will 1 be right.

Edited by Bayfox

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

My wife suggested similar to make a point. Or asking my daughter to shout hi out the window lol I felt that was using the kids.

haha. It was a bit tongue in cheek to be honest. I think we’re all going to slowly begin to see this kind of thing as the next days and weeks go on. Rightly or wrongly. I think you’ve had some good responses above. I do understand the concerns you both probably have though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

This is where the "guidelines" are vague. Last Friday we had a socially distant VE day street party with 3 neighbours, a total of 8 people in the neighbouring gardens. That sort of thing was given the OK by the Gov. 

Your childminder isn't in contact with your children at this time so there's unlikely to be a risk to them. If she is socially distancing, I don't see a problem as long as she hasn't had to enter the house to get to the garden. 

Again, it's vague, but, as I understand it one person can visit another person in their garden as long as they observe social distancing.

Or are you jealous lol

Mate I'm sat in the garden having a beer, how else do you think I know shes there. But then I'm sat with my wife and kids not friends who have walked half a mile for a drink and a chat👍

But thanks for the standard foxestalk banter :P

22 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

what's it look like? Interested to see how they're portraying it. 

They're anti vaxx, conspiracy theory morons. The sort of idiots that went sabotaging 5G masts. It's all bright summery colours and it's styling itself as all peace and love and let's meet up but it's got a ranty undercurrent of "the lockdown is illegal, our personal freedoms, etc."

The American ones were not only retarded but actually, I read a cracking piece where some guy had tracked down all the Facebook groups pushing them and taken it back to source, identifying that it was being driven by business interest groups trying to get people back to work / back out buying. 

There's a part of me wondering if this might be the same but mostly I just imagine it's complete ****ing retards trying to copy the yanks. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Your childminder isn't in contact with your children at this time so there's unlikely to be a risk to them. If she is socially distancing, I don't see a problem as long as she hasn't had to enter the house to get to the garden. So FWIW I wouldn't concern myself. What action would you take anyway? Sack her? She will need the income when she can start childminding again (if ever).

Or are you jealous lol

Is that correct? I’m not sure. But I’ll be ****ing ecstatic if it is. 

11 minutes ago, stix said:

Is that correct? I’m not sure. But I’ll be ****ing ecstatic if it is. 

Not as I understand it. They have said you can meet in a park/public place but not at a property and far as I'm aware.

2 hours ago, Charl91 said:

You know what, that actually doesn't bother me so much personally. I'm young and fairly healthy, so not much at risk - and I'm already working with 10 - 15 kids currently at school, so it won't be much different (we will be in half classes, so 15 max per class). I can see why other teachers are terrified though.

I'm not going to lie, I am also enjoying the 'holiday' - I still work my contracted hours, but that's more like 32 hours a week instead of 60, so huge plus. Selfish, but I'm going to make the most of it while I can.

However, I think my biggest worry is about this getting all out of control, because I know that there is no way the children will socially distance. If it turns out that young children can't spread it, then it's not a problem, but if they can, then we're fvcked. The idea of social distancing in schools is a farce, because it won't happen, other than token efforts and procedures.

Even the year 6's don't socially distance, there's no chance anyone will manage to get the younger kids to distance. No chance at all. I think this is known by the govenment and the DFE, but they're banking on them not being spreaders. But that's what it is, a gamble. Maybe it pays off, but if they're wrong then we could be looking at a longer lockdown than before.

Whats the feasability if needs be, accepting that we need to go to more 15-18Max Pupils per class...for a few years(even permanent) ??

Western govts,to start Now to organize  Unemployed teachers/ new drastic surge for Education in society for more teachers,obviously Medical & services staff,

not IT consultants/Estate Agents/Business consultants./ architects...

New Schools need to be built, if we can rapidly build and find areas for Nightinggale hospitals,why not for more schools....?

There is no und will be no return to a norm of the recent  past....

no Use putting Faith in a Creation of a vaccine,for such Viruses ( and of Late SARS) we have in my knowledge,Never found a curing vaccine...

We might all have to learn to grow up a little more..!!!

3 hours ago, Charl91 said:

You know what, that actually doesn't bother me so much personally. I'm young and fairly healthy, so not much at risk - and I'm already working with 10 - 15 kids currently at school, so it won't be much different (we will be in half classes, so 15 max per class). I can see why other teachers are terrified though.

I'm not going to lie, I am also enjoying the 'holiday' - I still work my contracted hours, but that's more like 32 hours a week instead of 60, so huge plus. Selfish, but I'm going to make the most of it while I can.

However, I think my biggest worry is about this getting all out of control, because I know that there is no way the children will socially distance. If it turns out that young children can't spread it, then it's not a problem, but if they can, then we're fvcked. The idea of social distancing in schools is a farce, because it won't happen, other than token efforts and procedures.

Even the year 6's don't socially distance, there's no chance anyone will manage to get the younger kids to distance. No chance at all. I think this is known by the govenment and the DFE, but they're banking on them not being spreaders. But that's what it is, a gamble. Maybe it pays off, but if they're wrong then we could be looking at a longer lockdown than before.

I agree it’s impossible to get kids to do it, when we’ve dropped our kids off on days I’ve had work, they’ve been greeted by two teachers stood side by side.

When I got to work in a council office in Kent, there were three people working in this massive block. All sat on desks next to each other, one of them even perched on the others desk during a conversation I witnessed. You can’t get adults to do it, you’ve **** all hope with kids.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Mate I'm sat in the garden having a beer, how else do you think I know shes there. But then I'm sat with my wife and kids not friends who have walked half a mile for a drink and a chat👍

But thanks for the standard foxestalk banter :P

It's taken me 10 years of being on FT to get that kind of response. Makes me proud to be a member. :P Back at ya. 

• Haha 1