Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wilfred N’didi

I think our players including Ndidi know that there is something special growing here and we've nurtured some great talents into top players in the past and have continued to do so. We've also not been afraid to splash out on players when needed so I think there is a lot for players to consider if they want to leave us as a move to a so called bigger team won't necessarily gain them greater success. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

Believe it or not I was on holiday in alcudia the other year and got talking to a well known member of staff at Lcfc,

Over a drink I asked question such as who’s got the biggest ego etc,

when I asked who’s the nicest player straight away he said wilf,

and went on to say he’s the most gracious 

person you would meet and turns up every day so happy that Lcfc gave him this opportunity and he feels blessed to play for us

… and I am delighted we were smart enough to give him that opportunity! :brendan_still:

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

This is the kind of benefit we'll find from consistently being in the top 6.

No longer will we have the Maguire and Kante attitude whereby we're not big enough for them. 

On 19/03/2020 at 03:24, ALC Fox said:

Fully agree.

Maguire jumped ship because of (1) the money, (2) the prestige, and (3) because we were openly aiming for 6th - he couldn't have foreseen the season we're having (which is partly down to Soyuncu tbh).

Now we're in the top 4 again we'll be looking to stay there. We have the manager and the setup to do so, plus CL football again to attract even better players.

When we won the title there was that element of it being a 'miracle' that may have put off players of a certain ability, i.e. the CL campaign will have been the end of the story. Arguably we're in a stronger position now as we're building from a top half side to a top 4 side capable of challenging those big clubs season after season.

Money and prestige will still attract players to Arsenal, United and the like, but we're building our own prestige here. A lot of 'Big 6' fans, ex-players and pundits don't like it but fvck 'em. :scarf:

There is still an irony so delicious it makes me smile about Maguire leaving and essentially allowing us to achieve what we did this year.

Top 4 next year will be a very big ask though. Man Utd back on track, Chelsea will have many new signings with the likes of Ziyech coming in, Spurs are one good defensive midfielder away from having an elite team (when everyone is uninjured), even Arsenal (lol) have improved a bit. We will need at least one serious improvement on the wings, and there's still a few positions that are good for our standards but other teams have it better (left back, goalkeeper, Tielemans, the wings)

There is nothing I like more than a mardy player getting his "dream" move and it going royally tits up. 

My favourite of these has to be Pogba. To go from multiple Serie A winners and CL finals to scrapping for a Europa League place.

If Wilf gets tempted by a big European club that's fair enough - he'd walk into any of them. But I don't want another Kante/ Mahrez/ Maguire

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Top 4 next year will be a very big ask though. Man Utd back on track, Chelsea will have many new signings with the likes of Ziyech coming in, Spurs are one good defensive midfielder away from having an elite team (when everyone is uninjured), even Arsenal (lol) have improved a bit. We will need at least one serious improvement on the wings, and there's still a few positions that are good for our standards but other teams have it better (left back, goalkeeper, Tielemans, the wings)

I know what you mean, as often times I wonder if we have peaked as a club?

We won the frigging title, are on course to play in the Champions league again and play a sexy brand of football with exciting young players who for the most part are very down to earth individuals who come across as nice guys. We are about to open one of the best training academies in world football and will be improving the stadium. How much better can it actually get!? When we lost in the playoffs to Watford, it felt like we would never make it back to the Premier League and yet here we are absolutely bossing it. Perhaps Coronavirus is a punishment for all of the delights we've experienced in modern times!?

But if there's a team that can do it, it's us. The best owners in world football and whilst Susan Wheelan and Jon Rudkin are here too (cannot believe the Rudkin turnaround TBH!) we will be a threat to anybody. LCFC is the perfect example of a well thought out long-term business plan and strategy that is working because we stuck to it and recruited the best people for each specific job. Man U have cash to splash, but Arsenal and Spurs are there for the taking IMO, as we have proved this season. Got to watch out for Wolves though! Though I think they have some very dodgy practices (Mendes), they seem to be well run. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Wilfred Ndidi puts Leicester success down to the Brendan Rodgers Effect

Leicester City and Nigeria midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has heaped praise on his Foxes manager, telling ESPN that the club's success this season is down to what he calls 'the Brendan Rodgers effect'.

Before the coronavirus pandemic hit, Leicester had enjoyed an outstanding season, running neck and neck with league leaders Liverpool for parts of the season before yielding ground, and - assuming the season is completed -- are in line to finish in the top four and qualify for the Champions League.

Ndidi is in no doubt about the reason for that.

"It's the Brendan Rodgers effect," he tells ESPN. "With him, it is not just about the eleven players and subs. Even the players in the under 23, he carries everybody along.

"So there is always space for anybody to fill in and to play. He is that kind of coach that always believes in the squad and not just one player. The main thing is the squad, the squad comes first.

"That is why we are doing very well, because we understand that we must always try our best. Where we are is because we work hard and try to improve all.

"There have been ups and downs, and there are still games after the lockdown and there are more points for us to try and get. For now, we are in a good position."

Ndidi has been attracting attention from big clubs as a result of this (suspended) season's efforts, with Manchester United rumoured to be casting glances at him. Despite speculation of interested from Old Trafford, Ndidi says he has no plans to leave the Foxes.

"We are doing well and I am enjoying myself here," he said. "I still have a contract with Leicester. I am learning and trying to improve myself every day and I am doing okay here so no need to go anywhere."

Ndidi, who joined the Foxes after their fairytale Premier League title-winning season to replace N'Golo Kante, has become one of the division's best midfielders, and he gives the credit to Rodgers.

He said: "No disrespect to other managers but kudos to Brendan Rodgers. He has done a lot of work on me. I remember the Chelsea game when (Mason) Mount took the ball from me and scored? That day made me a better player.

"The manager and the staff spoke to me. They made me understand what to do better and made me take it as a habit to do certain things. But he encouraged me to continue to play my game.

"The fact that he trusts and tries to improve the players is one thing. It is very difficult for a manager to come in and then dedicate himself to improving players, getting regular one on one meetings with players to help them make improvements.

"This is professional football, some teams won't have that time for you to do all that. Everybody just focused on the business, they're paying you for it and expect you to do the work. But Rodgers is different, very different."

• Like 2

On 31/03/2020 at 17:35, Russell sprout said:

Believe it or not I was on holiday in alcudia the other year and got talking to a well known member of staff at Lcfc,

Over a drink I asked question such as who’s got the biggest ego etc,

when I asked who’s the nicest player straight away he said wilf,

and went on to say he’s the most gracious 

person you would meet and turns up every day so happy that Lcfc gave him this opportunity and he feels blessed to play for us

Exactly this. The blokes very clever as well. Also we invested not only in him but his family. The approach top and co seem to have plaudits for all the time but with our owners you wouldnt expect anything else 🥰 

56 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I know what you mean, as often times I wonder if we have peaked as a club?

We won the frigging title, are on course to play in the Champions league again and play a sexy brand of football with exciting young players who for the most part are very down to earth individuals who come across as nice guys. We are about to open one of the best training academies in world football and will be improving the stadium. How much better can it actually get!? When we lost in the playoffs to Watford, it felt like we would never make it back to the Premier League and yet here we are absolutely bossing it. Perhaps Coronavirus is a punishment for all of the delights we've experienced in modern times!?

But if there's a team that can do it, it's us. The best owners in world football and whilst Susan Wheelan and Jon Rudkin are here too (cannot believe the Rudkin turnaround TBH!) we will be a threat to anybody. LCFC is the perfect example of a well thought out long-term business plan and strategy that is working because we stuck to it and recruited the best people for each specific job. Man U have cash to splash, but Arsenal and Spurs are there for the taking IMO, as we have proved this season. Got to watch out for Wolves though! Though I think they have some very dodgy practices (Mendes), they seem to be well run. 

Whilst I agree about Arsenal, I think Levy has something up his sleeve. We will have to see I suppose. I hope Lampard flops next season tbh. That would be interesting and fun!

• Haha 1

he seems like a real well rounded and decent sort of young man. He settled straight in when he came here and appears popular with the other players and staff around the club. If this was coming from some of the others i would take it with a pinch of salt, but when Wilf says it you somehow believe he means it.

It is a refreshing change to see this type of honesty from players. We took a chance on him, gave him his break,made sure he and his family settled in and then followed that up with a 6 year contract, for which he genuinely seems grateful and happy to be here, in the knowledge that he is well liked and respected by colleagues and fans alike. There will always be speculation about players in the media (it sells papers) and it is not very often that they come right out and say the sort of stuff that Wilf has.

If only more players were as humble and grateful for what life has given them. Nobody can predict the future and i would never begrudge anyone the chance to do what they think is best for their families etc but i really can see Wilf being a one club man and seeing out the best years of his career here, he comes across as that sort of guy. Not only is he enjoying his football here but he seems to have a real affinity for the place.

• Like 1

Wow is that all he is 23? You forget how young he is still and how far he’s come in just a short space of time. The improvement he’s shown in that time has been rapid. 

Great to hear he’s enjoying himself at LCFC, another city transfer masterstroke.

Edited by TJB-fox