Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wilfred N’didi

Leicester City branded 'average' with star backed for Man City transfer

Leicester City transfer news: Wilfred Ndidi is a key cog in Brendan Rodgers' machine but former Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh reckons he needs to move away from the King Power Stadium.

Former Nigeria manager Sunday Oliseh says Wilfred Ndidi needs to complete a move away from Leicester City, who he has branded 'average'.

And he says he is surprised that no other club has come in for the Nigeria midfielder with Oliseh backing him for a move to Manchester City.

Ndidi, signed from Genk in 2017, has become crucial to City's midfielder over the past few years.

The defensive-midfielder has made 26 appearances in all competitions this season as City chase a return to the Champions League.

He is currently struggling with a knee injuryand City boss Brendan Rodgers is hoping he will be fit to face Wolves.

Ndidi has won plaudits for his performances at the base of City's midfield, with Arsenal linked with a move for the 23-year-old in December.

And Oliseh, who played for Juventus and Borussia Dortmund in his own playing career, says Ndidi needs to secure a move away from the King Power Stadium to improve his career chances.

Paradoxically, he suggests that the Etihad Stadium would be a good bet for Ndidi, despite Pep Guardiola's side sitting below City for the majority of the campaign before going above them last month.

“The point is that in the past three or four years, maybe five, he has been the best midfielder we have," Oliseh told Nigerian website Brila.

"And he has not just been the best we needed to run with, he has been the best we have.

“When you see him doing what he’s doing in a club that is average; with all due respect, like Leicester, imagine what Ndidi will do if he was playing at Manchester City.

"He is the man that is not so tall like me, but look at the heart, he has a big heart."

“The man is everywhere he works so hard and even the new coach at Leicester, he’s still his first choice.”

“Each time I see him play, I have always been impressed that he can do much much better.

“I am very very surprised that they’ve not bought him.

"He is the best we have and in the senior team, we don’t have a player like Ndidi.

“He is technical, tactical and strong even though he’s not a heavyweight in size, but he punches like one."

www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wilfred-ndidi-man-city-leicester-3815825.amp

• Like 1

I feel like there's two choices in life, you can either get bent out of shape when some has been never was slights the club, or you can just toss them in the dumbass pile and go about your day. who the hell is even asking this guy his opinion?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Wasn’t this already on the forum a few days ago ?  It didn’t deserve the oxygen of publicity then and it certainly doesn’t deserve its own thread ! (Sorry sly)

Sorry! I must have missed it! 

I do wonder if we’ll face more pressure to keep Wilf in the summer. 

"Imagine what Ndidi would do if he was playing at Man City". Well Sunday, he'd be 2 points better off than he is right now playing at Leicester and he would be used in Man Citys squad rotation system meaning he would have probably only started half the amount of league games he has for Leicester. Yeh sounds like a great move for him! He will be another African expert that has only heard of Man City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I mean to be fair, why shouldn't Man City be in for him? He's great, most teams would be improved by him, his qualities are well known, his stats insane and for him he'll double/triple his wage and be guaranteed silverware and Champions League? 

To play devil's advocate, Ndidi's talents would likely go to waste on a team like Man City. For 75--80% of the game, when Man City have the ball, he would be considered a liability because he is not a world class ball playing central midfielder. 

There's also doubts that Pep Guardiola will stay at Man City in the future. If he did move to a club like Man City, he could be out of favor with the next manager. With Leicester City, he knows where he stands with Brendan Rodgers, and he excels in his current role.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

To play devil's advocate, Ndidi's talents would likely go to waste on a team like Man City. For 75--80% of the game, when Man City have the ball, he would be considered a liability because he is not a world class ball playing central midfielder. 

There's also doubts that Pep Guardiola will stay at Man City in the future. If he did move to a club like Man City, he could be out of favor with the next manager. With Leicester City, he knows where he stands with Brendan Rodgers, and he excels in his current role.

What you say is true but this season man city have looked vulnerable at the back and he would give them that extra protection. Plus his passing has improved.

• Like 1