Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Man City Pre Match

Along way off yet, but I would go

3-4-1-2. Think we need to block out the middle when Mahrez or De Bruyne cut inside and sick of wingers offering nothing so do away with them and go 2 up top. Assuming Ndidi out. 

Kasper 

Bennett     Evans    Soyuncu 

Ricardo    Praet     Tielemans   Chilwell 

Maddison 

Iheanacho         Vardy 

Subs:  Ward, Justin, Morgan, James, Albrighton, Gray, Perez, 

Kasper

Ricardo      Evans     Morgan   Soyuncu    Fuchs

Justin             Praet      

Maddison   

Vardy         Barnes                                     

Sit back and long balls over the top,try to hit them on the break...

I have a feeling Soyuncu or Bennett will play in midfield since Wilf is out and Hamza suspended.

I'd also play Iheanacho and hold Vardy back for later in the game.

it will give us a new dynamic and improve our hold up play, As Iheanacho is very good on the Ball.

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans   Bennett    Chilwell

Tilemans    Soyuncu      Praet

Maddison

Iheanacho   Barnes

Save Vardy for later in the game if we need to score.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

How long is Wilf expected to be out?

No one knows .....Brendan said on Wednesday that he was a big doubt for last night so that doesn’t sound like he’s definitely out for next week .....surprised he hasn’t recovered in the two week window, given that he only pulled out of the Chelsea game two hours before it ....that’s got to be the concern I guess .....

This is a BIG BIG game on so many levels:

1/ we are playing at home

2/ we need to avenge that humiliating loss at the Etihad

3/ Rogers needs to show everyone he's learnt a lesson and prove he has a brain and some pride

4/ Lets do to them what they did to us with Mahrez and unleash Nachos on them who will be chomping at the bit to hurt city

5/ We need all 3 points and take back the number 2 spot

6/ Get back to winning ways with a confident high tempo play

Of course it goes without saying but the PT dept need to get Wilf back to 100% quicktime.

3-0 to the Foxes!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gazza M said:

3-4-1-2. Think we need to block out the middle when Mahrez or De Bruyne cut inside and sick of wingers offering nothing so do away with them and go 2 up top. Assuming Ndidi out. 

Kasper 

Maddison 

Iheanacho         Vardy 

Funnily enough, that was exactly what I was thinking.  I doubt Rodgers would have the balls, though.

• Thanks 1

Their Champions League ban plays right into our hands. They Play Real Madrid after this game, in what will be Pep’s last chance to win the CL with City.

He desperately needs to win that game and will have one eye on that, hopefully resting a few players as they cannot win the league now and their league position doesn’t matter any more.

Im going for us to do this 2-0!

7 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Kasper 

Maddison 

Iheanacho         Vardy 

I like it a lot too

Just seems a little unfair on Barnes 

🤪

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Their Champions League ban plays right into our hands. They Play Real Madrid after this game, in what will be Pep’s last chance to win the CL with City.

He desperately needs to win that game and will have one eye on that, hopefully resting a few players as they cannot win the league now and their league position doesn’t matter any more.

Im going for us to do this 2-0!

Or, perhaps pep will feel he needs the best players to play three in quick succession to get their rhythm back for that third game after a two week break ......west ham will be like a training exercise for them and even Villa after Madrid should be a stroll. they have a deep enough squad and I’m fairly certain pep will want to finish runners up ....

17 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not sure we are even over that yet.

They certainly burst our bubble ........ Brendan has to take the players with him, whichever approach he decides to take next Saturday ...

I expect him to want to indulge in a basketball game .....he relishes the challenge  .... but we aren’t on their level. 

Love FoxesTalk, we are crap on a terrible run of form, all the players are shite, but hey now we are going to beat Man City....we have every chance of getting something, and incidentally Chelsea’s next two are Man U and Spurs.....somebody in the chasing pack is going to drop points.....,

Nacho has to take part and for me drop Chilwell for Fuchs he can handle Mahrez and has shown it before gets tight/close and reduces the space .Look at Chilly on Friday backing away from Traore because he wasn't tight enough in the first place.Its difficult.Man city will attack and we will get chances but we have to limit them  

• Like 1