Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Man City Pre Match

5 hours ago, dynamark said:

Nacho has to take part and for me drop Chilwell for Fuchs he can handle Mahrez and has shown it before gets tight/close and reduces the space .Look at Chilly on Friday backing away from Traore because he wasn't tight enough in the first place.Its difficult.Man city will attack and we will get chances but we have to limit them  

Yep . Fuchs on Mahrez please . A couple of hard but competitive tackles and he’ll stop looking for the ball :thumbup:

• Like 1

at the beginning of the season we played with freedom, until we got to a point in December when everyone started talking champions league, and suddenly we have something to lose, and we are playing like that. Safe, slow football, not wanting to take risks. Rodgers has to change this mindset. A change of system might help. I’d try this for Man City:

Schmeichel

Soyuncu      Evans    Fuchs

Ricardo       Praet     Tielemans    Chilwell

Perez             Maddison 

Vardy

Effectively a 3-4-3 but have Maddison and Perez inside more, closer to Vardy. Width still provided by wing backs. Less exposure for Chilwell, supported by 3rd CB. Tielemans can sit more as a 6 and dictate with Praet, rather than box to box 8. Not sure but might just help the players more. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, escape2victory said:

at the beginning of the season we played with freedom, until we got to a point in December when everyone started talking champions league, and suddenly we have something to lose, and we are playing like that. Safe, slow football, not wanting to take risks. Rodgers has to change this mindset. A change of system might help. I’d try this for Man City:

Schmeichel

Soyuncu      Evans    Fuchs

Ricardo       Praet     Tielemans    Chilwell

Perez             Maddison 

Vardy

Effectively a 3-4-3 but have Maddison and Perez inside more, closer to Vardy. Width still provided by wing backs. Less exposure for Chilwell, supported by 3rd CB. Tielemans can sit more as a 6 and dictate with Praet, rather than box to box 8. Not sure but might just help the players more. 

.. not sure about Caglar on the right!! 

He has struggled when in that position, reluctant to go too tight to their wide man resulting in the inability to prevent balls coming across in the box. He is obviously not comfortable in the role so no need to put the defense under any undue pressure. 

• Like 1

Win or lose I just hope he has learnt something from last time. Barnes offers Chilwell little protection and Chilwell is a weak link defensively anyway. Availability will massively limit options but he has to close those gaping holes out wide in front of full backs 

• Thanks 1

If Wilf is out, I agree with the consensus of going to three at the back. Even with Wilf fit I would be tempted to do the same after the issues we had at the Etihad. It will be interesting to see what mindset Man City come with, but crucially we have to believe we can turn them over. The defensive display at Molineux was generally improved, although slackness at set plays seem to have crept back in over recent weeks. Three at the back may help with that as well 🤞🏻

Schmeichel 

Bennett

Evans

Söyüncü

Ricardo

Tielemans

Praet/Ndidi

Chilwell

Barnes

Maddison

Vardy

• Like 3

I think we'll see Bennett in the back 3 for this. Even more so if Ndidi is out. Did he play on the right or left at Wolves because I don't think Soyuncu has looked has comfortable on the right.

Any other opposition I'd be tempted to play Iheanacho instead of Vardy, but Man City are Vardy's perfect opposition.

Need to get the ball forward quicker, we go for it and we can cause them problems. We try and match them they will beat us comfortably again.

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

3-5-2

Schmeichel

Bennett (Let’s see what he’s got?)

Soyuncu

Evans

Ricardo

NdidI

Tielemans

Chilly 

Maddison

Iheanacho

Vardy

I've been thinking the same. We tried our usual system in the away match and it failed miserably.

23 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Okay mate we get it, you don’t rate him. Don’t need to slag him off in every thread at any opportunity ya get, despite him on course to be posting the best goals + assists of any winger we’ve had since Mahrez left...

Okay mate we get it you think he’s good.

Thing is: he is shit 8 games out of 10. 
🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Genuinely curious how many give a shits these man city players are going to be able to muster now. Only thing that matters for them is Madrid on Tuesday surely. 

Wouldn't be surprised if half those overpaid donkeys went quiet until the summer exodus tbh. 

They can’t win the league. They can’t play champions league next year.  So they literally might aswell save all their players for Real Madrid and I mean literally every Key starter player that’s in the 11. 

they have nothing to gain by beating us and everything to lose if someone is injured for their last champions league game in a few years potentially.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 3

On 14/02/2020 at 22:58, goose2010 said:

Hopefully they chuck all their eggs in the champs league basket. Might as well just put the kids out in the league and only play their best players in Europe. Doesn't matter where they finish this season now :D

They'll have had 17 days without a game before they play West Ham and then the next four fixtures are:

Wed - West Ham (h)

Sat - Leicester (a)

Wed - Real Madrid (a)

Sun - Aston Villa (Wembley final)

They'll have to play their best team against West Ham to knock the cobwebs off their best players. You would like to think out of their next three fixtures the game against us is by far the least important for them so hopefully they play a mix and match side with one eye on their Champions League match and Cup Final.

For the first time in ages, I’m feeling optimistic about a game. For all the reasons already stated to death, they will give everything on Tuesday and we will hopefully come out more aggressively for this one.

Set us up to press and definitely have Fuchs in for this one as he leads with his passion and aggression which will hopefully rub off on the others.

2-1 home win!🤞🤞🤞

Last time we met, Pep tactically outclassed Brendan.  Man City vacated the center of the pitch to force Ndidi to mark empty space, meanwhile they overloaded the left side of our defense forcing Ben Chilwell to have to mark two different players. 

This match, we may not have the typical holding midfielder that sits in front of the centerbacks, if Ndidi is not healthy. It will be interesting to see if Brendan reacts to Pep's tactics from the last match. Against a full strength City squad utilizing the same tactics as last game, you would think Brendan would choose something like a 5-4-1 or 4-4-2 to provide more defensive cover in wide positions. But if Pep anticipates this, then Man City could flood the middle of the pitch with midfielders and attack Evans/Soyuncu. Sounds like a princess bride battle of wits situation lol

Barnes Vardy

Tielemans Madison 

Praet

Chilwell  Fuchs Evans Soyuncu Ricardo

Schmeichel

Playing Barnes up top can allow him to link up with Vardy, gives us some more pace on the counter-attack, and he can help Chilwell out wide if we are getting overloaded. 

• Like 1