Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Man City Pre Match

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Please just stop the sideways, slow build up shit which results in us going backwards.

Fortunately, I don't think Man City will sit back so it'll allow us to go forward abit more.

. they will just press us and we will try to play through lines from the back!!

It will be open season on Kaspers' goal. In case no one noticed pressing us is a sure fire way of negating our game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Matt said:

Please just stop the sideways, slow build up shit which results in us going backwards.

Fortunately, I don't think Man City will sit back so it'll allow us to go forward abit more.

The magic word is faster. Moving the ball sideways and backwards creates space. We have to do it faster and with tighter triangles so we can get through their midfield.

Sometimes I long for Tika taka football to get us through the tough spots when our play is so slow. Less thinking and more instinct. Faster

Edited by SO1

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

. they will just press us and we will try to play through lines from the back!!

It will be open season on Kaspers' goal. In case no one noticed pressing us is a sure fire way of negating our game. 

Absolutely correct. Press and we panic. Look how many times the ball goes out. We conceed possession.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gazza M said:

In the tune of the annoying Ranieri chant they give us  "Guardiola, you stabbed him in the back, you cheating fuching t**ts! "

I shall be trying to get this going in my own quiet area where people hardly sing (including me)

Dont expect too much, but i think i may get a few chuckles abd naybe one admiring glance (from my son)

4 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

If James is fit do you think there’s a shout to play him alongside one of Praet/Tielemans? I think I’d prefer having that defensive balance in all honesty.

Please say this is a joke. A guy who's hardly played in like 4 years to walk (or waddle) in to play Man City?? That would be the most mental thing ever. Fvck me anyone would think we were bottom 3 not top 3, a few bad games and we are bringing in this unfit overweight bloke over Mendy or Praet or a back 5 or a front 2? Let's see if GTF wants to play while we are at it, or Kevin Phillips. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

If James is fit do you think there’s a shout to play him alongside one of Praet/Tielemans? I think I’d prefer having that defensive balance in all honesty.

Certainly not. Maybe give him ten minutes or so against Birmingham if we are comfortable.... 

If we are going to go with the usual set up, then Praet comes in for Hamza. I wouldn’t risk Wilf for this even if he’s available. Wouldn’t see any harm in going with three centre halves. People say Chilwell is no good as a wing back, but we’d be narrow so would need him and Ricardo to provide the width. 

Kasper 

Bennett

Evans

Soyucu

Ricardo

Tielemans

Praet

Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Perez

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Even if he's physically fit, he'll be match rusty. This is not the game to thaw him out.

3-1 win for this one. Man City’s defence seems very transparent at times; Vardy to get back on the scoresheet as way too much pace for city too handle,as proved over past few years. Pep loses what fine hair he has left after champions league fiasco and Leicester go second in the league. Now imagine writing that 10 years ago...

• Like 1