Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

Were essentially a 3 man team.

Ndidi for his defensive abilities

Vardy for his goals and what he does

Madison for his support play and crap free kicks.

Without all 3 not performing, we fail.

That kinda goes for any team...take two of the best three players away = not quite as good 

Hth

We have no plan b. Shameful there is no target man option or a trusted natural winger. Barnes playing out wide as lack of options allowed him to. Perez playing there beyond embarrassing now. 

You could replace 3-4 comfortably in summer and nothing to do with a possible European campaign more about simply not being good enough.

Rodgers was given a HUGE salary top up a few months back and in truth is doing nothing to justify that belief of late. 

Never has a team been so high up the league led to so much pain watching. We should be living the dream watching us punch above weight in 3rd. We look like a horse waiting to be put out of its misery now. Cant believe this team will finish top 4 sadly, not being negative. Overall the season should be reflected upon as a very good one. BUT....the manner in capitulation of it will leave many seeing it as a dissapointing one. 

That was shite. Nothing like losing on Friday to ruin the weekend. 

I don't agree there was no desire though, don't think there's a dressing room problem either. What is exceptionally worring is a lack of shots on target, real clear cut chances or carving open the opposition, and complete loss in our ability to restrict chances defensively. Seems to be coming from lack of tactical nous and/or no creativity on the pitch. The effort is visible but maybe the players just aren't as good as we thought...

Villa is massive. Biggest game of the season by a long long way. If we don't win we'll be booed off the park, pressure will well and truly be on, and I'll feel pretty conclusive in saying top four won't happen. 

People are moaning about the side to side passing ..... it works if you do it for the whole game and move them around enough to wear them out ... it’s pointless doing it in the last ten minutes chasing the game.  We saw Man City doing it when we’ve beaten them over the years and it’s always been comfortable for us to see the game out - never felt threatened 

out first half was sh1te ..... that sets the tone and it’s v difficult to pick it up thereafter ..... it also gives the opposition some confidence 

Dreadful. Much like spurs in our title season we have far too many young players who can't handle it when the crunch comes. Big questions need to be asked of many of the players and Rodgers who continues relentlessly with a style of football which is no longer working. Even with the mediocrity below us I can't see us having the bottle to turn this shite form around enough to cling on to third and if Man City get their ban lifted and an English club wins the Europa then we can kiss goodbye to the CL. An incredible bottle job considering the position we were in a few weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Just needed to get that out of my system! 

• Like 3

Jesus wept Barnes and Perez really are poor. Sorry to say but Barnes just isn’t good enough and never will be. Lacks composure, everything he does he rushes, and I’ve just had enough of seeing him cutting in and hitting the first man with his cross or shot, happens everytime.

Perez is just going through the motions, for the Norwich goal, absolutely pathetic, just strolling, letting the full back going. No quality. No desire.

I know Gray gets stick, but over the past couple of years he has never served up such pathetic performances as these 2 clowns on the wing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

The biggest disappointment for me is that after having that goal disallowed, it’s spurred them on rather than spurring us on. Not clinical enough. Toothless. Chilwell awful. Always sends us back. Doesn’t use his brain. There’s something seriously lacking. The lads don’t seem confident. 

He’s not the sharpest, even when he’s in form he cocks up basic control more than once a game. His biggest attribute is his pushing his team forward with his runs. But he doesn’t even look like he has the ability to do that at the minute.

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

that high press that seems so distinctive when he took over, seems so have died a death.. players look less fit than when he took over

Are they being over trained maybe? I dunno, clutching at straws...

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

People are moaning about the side to side passing ..... it works if you do it for the whole game and move them around enough to wear them out ... it’s pointless doing it in the last ten minutes chasing the game.  We saw Man City doing it when we’ve beaten them over the years and it’s always been comfortable for us to see the game out - never felt threatened 

out first half was sh1te ..... that sets the tone and it’s v difficult to pick it up thereafter ..... it also gives the opposition some confidence 

I just hope to god when Pep ****s off this side to side passive bullshit gets phased out.

I'm sick of hearing 'this is the way to play football'

It's ****ing bullshite.

We can discuss sideways passing, long ball and counter attack but if you show zero tempo and play at pedestrian pace, then might as well not bother. 

At the moment we don’t deserve European football. And I’ve had enough of the players and manager hiding at the moment. 

Seriously pissed off 

• Thanks 1

I know I’m overreacting (not the only one) but if we put about b team against Birmingham I’m worried we’ll get rolled and I don’t think we’ll come back to form anytime soon. How we think we can just turn up and beat teams is beyond me. This is coached out of kids; Brendan has a lot of responding to do after this but ultimately the players just aren’t good enough for top 4/CL. Time to start doing something from next week, anything. Losing I can take but getting outfought and outplayed by the team bottom of the league is severely worrying. Cheers sons crying now x

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I've seen it numerous times and can only see Godfrey handle it onto Iheanacho's hip.

They are the new rules, like it or not.

focus should be on our own performance

Well that’s messed up my weekend and gf called during the last 5 minutes and I shouted “what do u want!” She’s pissed off and hung up all because of this woeful game! Dare I say it even having Slimani up front would have helped us today. We got nothing up front. Why does Chillwell keep coming in to pass sideways has he forgotten how to take players on since he joined the England camp? Brendon sort this crap out it’s 3 months of shite now!!

Edited by brownfox