Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

I usually take positives from a game but tonight has really f##ked me off, we could all see them absolutely sh#t house a result and thats exactly what happened, chilwell gets made to be a scapegoat on here but at the minute he is woeful, so one footed its criminal, he must be a dream to defend against, his defending for their goal was attrocious, you know every single time hes going to invite them on, back up and they get crosses in, weve seen it time and time again, our left side needs seriously sorting, barnes was awful tonight aswell, his end product was summed up with that wild last shot he had when he could easily have laid it off and kept the move going, both need dropping, chilwell more so, i cant see in a million years how any of the "big" teams would come in for him, we didnt deserve to lose tonight, but definetely didnt deserve to win, maddison was more or less playing as a cdm he dropped that deep for the ball, as others have said there seems to be a few players who are coasting at the minute, drop chilwell and maddison for fuchs and tielemans next game, swap ndidi for hamza, hate playing on a friday if we lose, all weekend to stew on the result, just hope results go our way tomorrow and sunday, the next 3 games are massive if we are to want champions league football next season, you may see a different post tomorrow after ive calmed down and thought about it, im just so frustrated after watching that 

• Like 1

Relegation form for a third of a season. No sign at all that Rodgers can turn this round. Some players (Ok I mean Gray & Albrighton) shouldn’t be anywhere near a PL match day squad.

Chilwell disgraceful.

Team woeful.

Yet...

we’d have won that any season before this with VAR & the new ludicrous handball rule (which I know has saved us a goal or two too).

Edited by Steve Earle

We've gone stale! I'm usually pretty positive, but that performance made me want to do a vomit. 

Chilwell is so predictable. It's painful to see him constantly just swivel around his right foot.

I thought Praet was alright. And seeing Ndidi get an interception and a tackle in within seconds of coming on was maybe the highlight of the game.

• Like 3

Very similar to the season under Pearson where we bottled the championship play offs. We’ve had a fantastic start to the season, however recently we’ve been found out and it’s hard to undo when you don’t have the tools to.

A lot of our squad isn’t good enough, Chilwell is shite, and it is as plain as this... Perez May have a nice touch, but unfortunately he hasn’t got the ability to take us to the next level, it’s okay doing it for Newcastle but they weren’t fighting for a top four place. Barnes isn’t consistent enough, he may look good in some games but unfortunately his ability doesn’t show often enough. Youri has struggled recently too, but I think a lot of that is down to playing too deep, I think he needs to operate higher up the field.

Madders heads gone for me, I don’t think he wants to be here anymore, spends too long on the ball and rarely does anything productive anymore.

We’re a young side and we’re struggling to implement Rodgers vision on the pitch, he needs the right kind of players in his side in order to execute it, which we don’t really have at this stage, there’s still a hell of a lot of work to go into this side, and the only thing that’s making it worse is the fact we started so well. I didn’t think we would make top 6 let alone 4, so I can’t really moan. 

It is a shame, I don’t think we will finish in a champions league place now, we’ve taken a dump in form and the confidence is gone, not to mention I think certain players attention is else where. 

What will happen will happen, I just hope we don’t chuck up to Villa next week, I can’t stand another loss to them.

• Like 1

The problem we have is the players really do believe they are better than they are, it seems effort has dropped, especially against weaker teams... it’s costing us big now and somehow Rodgers needs to get them focused again. We aren’t moving the ball quick or closing teams down anymore, and that comes from actual effort that every player needs to commit to. 

• Like 3

Cup game can't come quick enough. Have to get a confidence boost from somewhere, he have forgotten how to score. We are so predictable right now, we've always been lacking aggression but we made up for that with playing our way out of trouble. We are so easy to counteract right now and it's horrible to see.

If I see James Maddison continually playing deep in our half again I'm going to go insane, what the fcuk is up with him at the minute? Not impacting on games for weeks now. 

• Like 1

The biggest disappointment for me is that after having that goal disallowed, it’s spurred them on rather than spurring us on. Not clinical enough. Toothless. Chilwell awful. Always sends us back. Doesn’t use his brain. There’s something seriously lacking. The lads don’t seem confident. 

• Like 1

Do these players realise what is at stake this season? Because at Christmas we had Champions League football and a cup final on a silver platter and since the home game against Norwich we've been playing like we're not bothered.

I've said it before but I actually think I was being kind now - we give up as soon as we realise it's not going to be an easy game or things go against us. But in several games we haven't looked up for it from minute one.

Tonight was a pathetic, lame 'effort'.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pazzerfox said:

Couldn't agree more.  Chilwell is bang average, we look frighteningly poor and very very easy to play against.  We are serving up the same turgid displays week in week out currently.

Teams just force him onto his right foot and then he is stuck so he just plays it back. His defending is also looking very unsteady. His confidence appears shot.

But he's not alone. Maddison was generally ineffective too and Barnes' end product was Conference level today; got into so many good positions and every time just blasted the ball at the defender or wildly over the bar. Kelechi is not a lone striker either, he needs someone up there with him. And Hamza just isn't that good.

Haven't felt this low about things for a long time, which I know is a very strange way to feel when we're third in the league. But this is all starting to smell like it did when everything unravelled under Ranieri. It was a totally listless performance today. That said,  I don't think we deserved to lose tonight - their left back won't score another like that if he plays until he's 50 - but we certainly didn't do enough to win.

Not sure where we go from here. By the time we start v Villa we could be only 3 points ahead of 5th. Very worrying.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Chilwell has been dropped already but that didn’t make any difference at Burnley .........

Vardy missing the penalty was the turning point against Burnley. At least Fuchs knows how to defend when not played out of position. How many more goals can we afford as a result of poor defending from Chilwell?

Just now, Bert said:

The biggest disappointment for me is that after having that goal disallowed, it’s spurred them on rather than spurring us on. Not clinical enough. Toothless. Chilwell awful. Always sends us back. Doesn’t use his brain. There’s something seriously lacking. The lads don’t seem confident. 

And that could have been the description of the last 4 games