Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

What the fvck is going on, something stinks. We haven't played well since early December and we can't even get a draw against an embarrassment of a club. If we continue this form for another 5+ games we could well finish without even Europa next year

We just didn’t want it at all and they REALLY did!

Barns needs to be used as an impact sub - he’s nowhere near a prem player yet. Chillwel getting battered on here (most of it fair) but he’s having to do all the work as Barns offers nothing defensively. 

perez is SO weak and pathetic. Albrighton works far harder and puts a shift in, would of been perfect for this game. 

Most worrying, we are playing away from home to a team that are battling and scraping, Rogers got it completely wrong pretty much all over the pitch, keeping 3511 would of worked far better. 

They simply wanted it more.

We didn’t fight for the shirt enough. 

Too many passengers.

Brilliant goal from Nacho ruled out without sufficient evidence didn’t help though.

Gonna be a long nervous stretch the rest of the season if we replicate this performance.

That game exposed a lack of leaders on the pitch to grab a game by the scruff of the neck when we needed it. 

The last 15 minutes was telling, totally passive, no ideas, no urgency to win the ball back quickly (or even retrieve a ball quickly after winning a free kick or throw in). Just meek acceptance. To throw Champions League away from the position we were in would be criminal, but its a real possibility now. 

Its hairdryer time for Rodgers, and see if it gets them to respond. Certain players in particular need a massive reality check with Chilwell and Maddison at the head of that queue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That was embarrassing. We’ve got a lot of deadwood to clear out. So many squad players who are not good enough. Chilwell, Perez, Albrighton to name a few. We need a goal and we bring on Albrighton. Tells you everything about the squad and how it is carried by 4 or 5 individuals.

Edited by frany104

Worrying on so many levels. Where was the urgency? Where are the leaders on the field? Has Rodger's lost the plot? Perez still being played out of position. Maddison playing too far back to impact the game. Chilwell, a defensive liability, needs to be dropped. Only a major turnaround in form will now see us over the line but we have given the chasing pack more than a chink of light and they'll be smelling blood. It is not overstating the case that the next 9 games will shape the future of this club for years to come. Hold on to your hats boys we're in for a bumpy ride!

ONE POINT.

AGAINST THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

I'd make the whole team walk home from Norfolk.

Absolute pinnacle of our lacklustre showings in the past three months.

It's as if half the team just don't want to play anymore. Couldn't care less about the result. "Can't get relegated, European football more or less guaranteed, why bother?"

I can't stand this anymore - yes, VAR and the referees have done their share with some controversial decisions, but this team at present on its own does not deserve much of the support. They are the makers of their own undoing. I can make out at least five, six individualists, not team members. Chilwell, Maddison, Perez (tries though), Barnes (not in the game, really), Choudhury... Aaaargh.

And a manager who hasn't got a clue how to turn it around. Baffling subs. Baffling decision to play Perez on the right again, where he is hardly effective.

Chilwell needs time on the bench. Maddison needs competition. We need Ndidi back as a starter. And Vardy.

They should pretty much all hang their heads in shame to serve such a crap on a constant basis. So fed up. It has taken most of the enjoyment out of the game.

We played so nicely until mid-December, and now it has pretty much all collapsed. A proper 180.

Team morale, attitude and tactics have suffered greatly since we drew with these at home.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Thanks 2

People saying drop “X”, “Y” and “Z”. 

Who for?!? 

We didn’t invest to capitalise on our good form in the first half of the season. We’re not blessed with a talented squad. 

It’s okay slating Chilwell, Fuchs was at fault for the Man City goal.

If Vardy is injured, we have Nacho. 

Choudhury isn’t at the same level as our other midfielders and is a walking red card. He reminds me of Lee Catermole.

Drop Maddison, who for?!? 

Barnes, Perez ...... who for?!? Are we pulling in the under 23s?!? 

Edited by Sly

Wow 4 pages of over dramatic posts but then why am I surprised with this place, like most games this season we did enough tonight to win it 

don’t understand the var decision I might be bias but I have seen 9 replays from a few different angles and can’t be certain who’s hand it has it first so hows that clear and obvious to overrule 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well deserved that result. Norwich to be honest if they took their clear chances would have scored 2 or 3. A perfect storm today I think

Personally I'm not convinced playing two defensive midfielders is our best formation.

A couple of players off form. I think the Villa game has affected Maddison.

A couple of players injured. Ndidi coming back and Vardy missing today and our team is exposed. 

I'm off to bed

Weekend ruined!!!

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Absolute facking jibberish.

We're on a run where we can't buy a win. It's entirely normal.

If a team as facking shite as Norwich can win, anyone can.

How is it jibberish? 3 months of absolutely god awful half hearted performances. The losing and drawing I can handle as every team goes through blips but its the lack of effort and intensity that annoys me. The players have looked absolutely knackered/not bothered since December. 

The same happened under Puel and Shakespeare. There is a pattern emerging and its not a sustainable one.

Just now, SixtiesFox said:

Worrying on so many levels. Where was the urgency? Where are the leaders on the field? Has Rodger's lost the plot? Perez still being played out of position. Maddison playing too far back to impact the game. Chilwell, a defensive liability, needs to be dropped. Only a major turnaround in form will now see us over the line but we have given the chasing pack more than a chink of light and they'll be smelling blood. It is not overstating the case that the next 9 games will shape the future of this club for years to come. Hold on to your hats boys we're in for a bumpy ride!

Chilwell has been dropped already but that didn’t make any difference at Burnley .........