Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa (H) pre-match, 09/03/20

We’ve struggled this season against villa

and other teams.

I think he has to play with two strikers because we’ve found out with just vardy up front.However I still think we will get the win tonight.

But also the players out of form have now got to turn up and start putting in decent 

performances,starting tonight.

Its twitchy arsehole time!!!!!!!:blush:

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The issue is, since Vardy's struggles Iheanacho has been starved of the service as well. Neither of them have a league goal in 2020, something has to change. 1 up front isn't working and if Vardy and Perez are out it really does leave us looking painfully ill equipped going forward. It was frustrating to see vs Norwich and Birmingham just how many players commit to attack when the ball comes in to the box, we still love to whip aimless crosses in all game though.

The aimless crosses is the thing that really winds me up, the sideways and backwards passes I see the reasoning, but not the floating high crosses, I'd prefer to see some longer shots, at least you get rebounds and deflections. I'm amazed Tielemans hasn't been better with long range efforts, that looked one of his strengths in videos before coming to us.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

We’ve struggled this season against villa

and other teams.

I think he has to play with two strikers because we’ve found out with just vardy up front.However I still think we will get the win tonight.

But also the players out of form have now got to turn up and start putting in decent 

performances,starting tonight.

Its twitchy arsehole time!!!!!!!:blush:

I think we only struggled against Villa in the cup home game, even then I think they rode their luck, even more so in the second leg, they can't keep getting lucky against us.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I think we only struggled against Villa in the cup home game, even then I think they rode their luck, even more so in the second leg, they can't keep getting lucky against us.

They had one shot on target at our place ??

they defended v well and we can expect them to do the same again tonight 

2 hours ago, Fox1970 said:

I just hope the players are really up for this. Konsa said after the League Cup tie that AV essentially kicked LCFC out of the game, and they certainly had the luck and all the refereeing decisions go for them in the 2 LC matches. 

I'm still not sure how AV managed to retain 11 players on the pitch in the League game when we did them 4-1. 

AV will try the same tactics again, and we need to ensure that we are not outfought or out-thought and don't let them cheat or foul their way to leveling out the teams.  An aggressive, snarling crowd will help too. 

Yeah, I was amazed by that League game, The Targett tackle on Ricardo was as clear a straight red as I've seen, I remember Grealish two handed pushing Ricardo into the advertising boards in the penalty area.

48 minutes ago, urban fox said:

If Maddison has any lingering ambition to make the Euros, then he has to put in a performance tonight that puts Grealish in the shade.

the euros will be cancelled - so don't worry.  Our boys need a solid preseason with Brendan

Atleast we actually have something to play for now. I think we were massively coasting when we were 10/15 points clear of 5th. The gap has closed and we absolutely have to win now. Hoping it gives the team a kick up the arse and we actually play like we deserve Cl football.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't see any excuse not to play "the team." Everyone's fit right? 

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison 

Perez Vardy Barnes 

Chilwell  - horrendous all season;

cant pass, cant defend, won’t use his only ability (running) and go at players. Threw the towel in at Norwich - can’t have that tonight.

Perez  - can’t retain the ball, so almost every possible attack breaks down.

The clincher; not up for a battle.

Tielemans - he’s undoubtedly talented, but massively out of form and extremely immobile this season.  

A big part of our travails recently is the manager continuing to play shit / massively out of form players.

That has been an enourmois handicap, which doesn’t have seemed to have been grasped by some folk.

The above three should not be starting instead JJ or Fuchs, CANNOT do worse than Chilwell; Praet we need his work rate and ability in midfield.

Ian upfront with Vardy; Perez benched having been told to man up.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

If Villa play that bizarre 3-4-2-1 system with only one holding midfielder – and with Grealish given the freedom to roam in from the left – we have a chance. I've seen their back three being left entirely exposed against quick counters when they use that.

Their 2-0 loss at Southampton was a good example. Villa had most of the possession, but Southampton had 30 shots or something? Evidence how Villa simply let them into the channels and into shooting areas (ie. close to the edge of the box). 

If only we can take our chances when they come, we should be ok!!!

• Like 1

3-5-2 for me, always complaining it's our fullbacks losing their man that is contributing to conceding goals... if we're asking them to be so advanced, at least give them the cover whilst they bomb forward.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

If Villa play that bizarre 3-4-2-1 system with only one holding midfielder – and with Grealish given the freedom to roam in from the left – we have a chance. I've seen their back three being left entirely exposed against quick counters when they use that.

Their 2-0 loss at Southampton was a good example. Villa had most of the possession, but Southampton had 30 shots or something? Evidence how Villa simply let them into the channels and into shooting areas (ie. close to the edge of the box). 

If only we can take our chances when they come, we should be ok!!!

The problem is we don't seem to use quick counters, we'd rather just pass it backwards and retain possession.

The leading news item on the LCFC Website is the 'opinion' section:

'Aston Villa Have A Chance Of Survival'

Aston Villa face a dramatic conclusion to the Premier League season as Dean Smith's men attempt to retain their top-flight status, says The Athletic's Gregg Evans.

What the f*** has that got to do with anything?

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Yeah, I was amazed by that League game, The Targett tackle on Ricardo was as clear a straight red as I've seen, I remember Grealish two handed pushing Ricardo into the advertising boards in the penalty area.

The obscenely lenient referee that afternoon was Michael Oliver.

Tonight's referee - step forward, Michael Oliver....   

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Yes you’re right that they did ride they’re luck in that second half.Leicester have got to start making they’re own luck.Things have definitely got to change tonight.4-4-2 for me,with the same intensity that we started the season with.

I just find the passing of the ball at times,whether it’s forward backwards or sideways just to lethargic!COYB:scarf:

Edited by Speedwell 🦊

Would put Justin Rb Fuchs lb and put Ricardo further forward he would cause them to many problems if we had him just attacking all game with vardy through the middle and Barnes on the other side they wouldn’t be able to cope. 

• Like 3