Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa (H) pre-match, 09/03/20

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

If we don't win this tonight I'll be certain we don't get too 4 our form and the gap down to just 5 points. 

We have to start winning again 

No one else has noticed that on here. How odd ...

Vardy? I thought he was fit for this? I think it would be better to start him surely and go out quickly and try and score early on like Chelsea did with Everton. I dont think I can cope with waiting patiently for a goal! 😂

33 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I’m not convinced I’d start Albrighton, but, he does inject intensity and pace into our play because he never stops working and does everything quickly.

He also doesn’t let his head drop if things don’t go our way, which is a noticeable issue within our team.

He looked completely bereft of quality and match sharpness the other night and generally clumsy overall. I'm not sure he should be anywhere near the starting 11 for must win games

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dnewty said:

That defenate mate or just guessing ?

I just don't see him being on the bench, we cannot score goals without him and we are in desperate need of goals. This has got very serious now and Rodgers will gamble on players fitness. Vardy has said himself he;s fit anyway so unless this is a Puel debacle all over again and they've fallen out, he will be starting and he will be unstoppable tonight.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't see any excuse not to play "the team." Everyone's fit right? 

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison 

Perez Vardy Barnes 

If we still struggle tonight with the above, it's time we went 3-4-1-2 and more direct. We have to enforce a change and persisting to maintain possession amongst our defenders and deep midfielders with only 1 or 2 players in the box who aren't renown for attacking crosses with much conviction is like the muck we experienced for months under Puel and it's infuriating. Big big game tonight.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Is it still the case we always have bad runs of form when he leaks the teams?

Is this a thing at Leicester?  Does the team get leaked every week?  Happened every week for the last 18 months Rodgers was at Celtic and has stopped since Lennon arrived.  If it's happening at Leicester then you'd have to assume the mole is someone who he has brought from Celtic.

Just now, henrik_62 said:

Is this a thing at Leicester?  Does the team get leaked every week?  Happened every week for the last 18 months Rodgers was at Celtic and has stopped since Lennon arrived.  If it's happening at Leicester then you'd have to assume the mole is someone who he has brought from Celtic.

He has spells where he stops leaking the team, and someone posted a while back that the spells when he leaks seems to coincide with bad spells of form (usually at end of managers reign).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Its been happening for several years :( Way before BR arrived. Rumour has it Ward is the one, but we shall never know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I don't see any excuse not to play "the team." Everyone's fit right? 

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison 

Perez Vardy Barnes 

iheanacho has looked a million times more dangerous and likely to score than vardy since the turn of the year. i think we have to play both. 

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

He looked completely bereft of quality and match sharpness the other night and generally clumsy overall. I'm not sure he should be anywhere near the starting 11 for must win games

He did.

He also produced the assist for the goal. I'm not sure I'd start him, but the argument for is surely that he works hard and does the basics, something teams on a bad run often need to revert back to doing.

10 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

iheanacho has looked a million times more dangerous and likely to score than vardy since the turn of the year. i think we have to play both. 

I don't agree personally. I think ****ing around with what was tried and tested after we beat Villa away has destabilised the team. 

Vardy has looked unlikely to score because he's getting basically **** all service. We look shit collectively as a team. 

We've got to get back to 433 with our first choice team. It's harsh on Iheanacho who totally deserves to start. 

14 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Its been happening for several years :( Way before BR arrived. Rumour has it Ward is the one, but we shall never know. 

Jak was a source too. Someone managed to work that out last season.

Wasn’t Sean given a false lineup last match to root out the leaker? Bert mentioned it in the match thread.

Whenever someone leaks the lineup I assume there’s malaise in camp.

Just now, Finnegan said:

I don't agree personally. I think ****ing around with what was tried and tested after we beat Villa away has destabilised the team. 

Vardy has looked unlikely to score because he's getting basically **** all service. We look shit collectively as a team. 

We've got to get back to 433 with our first choice team. It's harsh on Iheanacho who totally deserves to start. 

no arguments with what you're saying either, tbf. it's just a massive risk imo. if we leave iheanacho out and go back to the 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 whatever it was that won us all those games before christmas, we are relying on a massively out of form tielemans and a massively out of form maddison to create chances for a massively out of form vardy. 

i mean tbf thinking about it we're fu cked either way because literally all our players are out of form so something's gotta give. 

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Jak was a source too. Someone managed to work that out last season.

Wasn’t Sean given a false lineup last match to root out the leaker? Bert mentioned it in the match thread.

Whenever someone leaks the lineup I assume there’s malaise in camp.

That rings a bell actually, it did stop for a while but has started up again. 

It's time we put all this "nice" football on the back burner and got back to winning games the old fashioned way by wanting it more than Villa do. You saw Man City pass the ball for fun yesterday but Utd clearly wanted it more and thoroughly deserved the win, we have to do that same. No point completing 500 passes and having 75% possession if Villa out fight us.

• Like 1

Got to be beating Villa tonight, if not the CL challenge starts looking precarious.

I'm hoping for a really fast start tonight, high tempo and blow them away early on.

It's surprised me this fast start has been missing this season, even during the period of good form, as it was very much a signature of Rodgers's sides at both Liverpool and Celtic in the early years.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 1