Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa (H) pre-match, 09/03/20

First goal is massive. Just hope we can grab a lucky deflection or penalty, anything to give our lads a boost. 

The boys have been shite lately but we’ve got a young squad and the pressure must really be mounting. Come on city. 

• Like 2

Team news / formation should be very interesting tomorrow.

This where Brendan earns his money.

I'd go 

Kasper 

Ricky       Evan's      cags   fuchs

Ndidi

Albrighton   praet    madders

Vardy nacho

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

First goal is massive. Just hope we can grab a lucky deflection or penalty, anything to give our lads a boost. 

The boys have been shite lately but we’ve got a young squad and the pressure must really be mounting. Come on city. 

The way our fans are starting to panic, I hope Brendan goes with as much experience as possible tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soy  Chilwell 

Ndidi

Tielemans         Praet

Maddison

Nacho        Vardy 

I think we need all our best players on the pitch for this one. Keep Barnes and Perez as options for half time if it's not working or bring Fuchs into the back 3 and push Ricardo and Chilwell forwards. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dnewty said:

Team news / formation should be very interesting tomorrow.

This where Brendan earns his money.

I'd go 

Kasper 

Ricky       Evan's      cags   fuchs

Ndidi

Albrighton   praet    madders

Vardy nacho

I no people will role there eyes because I've put albrighton and fuchs in my team, but I just think we will need experienced heads tomorrow. I also think we need two up front because vardy gets isolated in these games.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2020 at 10:01, ScouseFox said:

what id enjoy most from this would be if chilwell and maddison started kissing grealish in the tunnel pre match and then we won 

genuinely not sure what we’re gonna moan about if we lose now they ain’t allowed to touch each other. chilwell will be gutted. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dnewty said:

I no people will role there eyes because I've put albrighton and fuchs in my team, but I just think we will need experienced heads tomorrow. I also think we need two up front because vardy gets isolated in these games.

Think there's lots to like about that team. There's guts, fight and determination in there as well as experience. 

• Like 1

I don’t care just ****ing win. Don’t **** this up. Don’t have those pundits and Man U fans run it in with their “creme always rises to the top” shite. Just show up and get the results for the next five games. 

Sorry, dramatic, I know but I needed to get it out.

• Like 4

No excuses tomorrow night, we've our two main men back in Ndidi and Vardy. There's been a lot of poor performances of late but if Ndidi and Vardy turn up then it can all turn around again just as quickly. Any sort of win is ESSENTIAL.

• Like 1

For me the first goal is huge. I will be livid if we go behind against Villa for a third consecutive game and are needing to produce a similar performance to what we saw in both cup games when we were chasing the game from 1-0 down. We know exactly what Villa will bring to the party so there is no excuse for being sucker punched by that again and making a really tough evening's work for ourselves. 

I would also like to see Vardy and Iheanacho starting together. We looked so much more lively and dangerous against Man City when we did that. We're well overdue a good performance and it's time for some of the players who have had a quiet January and February to really step up to the mantle. 

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

Don’t know about you lot but this must win is now the mustest of must wins given today’s and yesterday’s results.

yep, this is our biggest league game for nearly 4 years. 

After playing Villa 3 times already this season we must know pretty well by now. So there should be no surprises from them. Absolutely no excuses after the game from us. This is a must win now because after both Chelsea and Man Utd won over the weekend my ar*e us getting way too nervous. One other thing in 3 weeks I don't want to hear well we're still 5th.

It is almost must win terrority for us if we want to have a comfortable end to the season. I'm more worried about United then Chelsea given United's run in and that Chelsea still play Man City and Liverpool. A win tomorrow and we're 8 points in front of United (effectively 9 with our goal difference) with 9 games to go. 

Given that we have to still play three of our rivals for champions league football, it is imperative we try to pick up as many points in other games to hopefully mean there is little pressure on these kind of games. 

13 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely agree on your first point and it sticks out like a sore thumb and is so frustrating. It's  nice to see the supposed perfect goal but in reality how often does it happen? In the meantime how many opportunities have been missed. 

I have to agree that I also feel that we're not much of a threat from corners both through Madison's inconsistent delivery (try someone else on occasions) and seemingly no real plan.

Coaching is of course important but I sometimes get the feeling that some of our players are being overcoached to the extent that they're reticent to do anything that comes natural in fear that it may divert from a strict script. Concentration then seems to transpose to over carefulness, hence a slower pace. When we were doing well we were pressing hard with pace and one or two touch football. It now appears to have been replaced by a too thoughtful 'possession at all costs' passing game that is cumbersome and susceptible to the opposition teams press.

Completely agree with this actually.

• Like 1

Team selection,is going to be very interesting...

if we want an available  Impact sub,I suppose One could say put Nacho on the Bench...

Assuming Chilwell might Not be fit

we could say we should go all guns blazing with

Vardy

Barnes         Nacho

Maddison.    

Tielemans 

Ndidi.             

Justin.                        Ricardo

Soyu.      Evans

Schmeichel

Bench: Perez,Ward, Bennet, Fuchs, Gray, F.another.Striker,   Praet

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I don’t care just ****ing win. Don’t **** this up. Don’t have those pundits and Man U fans run it in with their “creme always rises to the top” shite. Just show up and get the results for the next five games. 

Sorry, dramatic, I know but I needed to get it out.

I'm sure they'll also completely sweep under the carpet the dodgy officiating of late as well. All very convenient how it keeps falling for Man Utd all of a sudden.