Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa (H) pre-match, 09/03/20

I just hope the players are really up for this. Konsa said after the League Cup tie that AV essentially kicked LCFC out of the game, and they certainly had the luck and all the refereeing decisions go for them in the 2 LC matches. 

I'm still not sure how AV managed to retain 11 players on the pitch in the League game when we did them 4-1. 

AV will try the same tactics again, and we need to ensure that we are not outfought or out-thought and don't let them cheat or foul their way to leveling out the teams.  An aggressive, snarling crowd will help too. 

• Like 2

Guest Cujek
4 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

I just hope the players are really up for this. Konsa said after the League Cup tie that AV essentially kicked LCFC out of the game, and they certainly had the luck and all the refereeing decisions go for them in the 2 LC matches. 

I'm still not sure how AV managed to retain 11 players on the pitch in the League game when we did them 4-1. 

AV will try the same tactics again, and we need to ensure that we are not outfought or out-thought and don't let them cheat or foul their way to leveling out the teams.  An aggressive, snarling crowd will help too

How about we all cough at them?

It's all well and good calling for a hostile atmosphere to intimidate Villa, but our own players may interpret it as being aimed at them and, to be honest, it will be the moment that Chilwell miscontrols that first pass. I hope I'm wrong, but I can just see the same old routine being rolled out by Brendan. This will result in the same problem with the ball going up to Chilwell and Ricardo and them being squeezed, Perez and Barnes will be told to hug the touchline and that pass will be cut off, so we'll go back to Soyuncu and Evans and back again. Eventually we'll get pushed back and Schmeichel will attempt a pass out wide which he'll overhit and then Villa will force a break. This will be repeated many, many times throughout the match whilst Maddison & Tielemans ineffectually get in each others' way around the centre circle and Maddison keeps hold of the ball too long before feeling someone's breath on his neck and he throws himself to the ground hoping for a free kick.  Vardy will run around pointing at people but will have no space to operate in, so will be marked out of the game.  Barnes and Perez will stay where they're told as they're not allowed to come inside and create the space for the overlap. We're so damn easy to play against whilst we insist on keeping the wide men in the space the fullbacks need to run into...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I do genuinely believe that a big part in the drop of form with Tielemans and Maddison though is changing up the team. People need consistency, especially young professionals, how many of the world's top sides ever really rotate all that much?

When teams go on strong winning runs its usually off the back of consistency of selection. 

We don't have much depth, the team starts looking bollocks when we play anything other than our best eleven. And when the team plays crap, everyone in it has a wobble, confidence starts dropping, people start making mistakes and the dominos start falling. 

I know Chilwell cops for some right flack on here but he was actually decent for a spell at the start of the year, in games when we were confident and winning he was bombing down the wing, running at people, putting crosses in, getting to the byline, winning set pieces. 

Now he doesn't want the ball. He just passes it backwards and avoids the risk. In a nutshell that's the team. They need some confidence and consistency back. 

Best way to get Madders and YT back in to form is playing them together, with Ndidi, and with their respective left / right wing combinations (Perez Ricardo for YT, Barnes Chilwell for Madders.)

yeah fair play that's probably right. 

we're just in a pickle cos everyone is playing really badly. but hopefully that will change later, whoever plays. 

All the negativity I read here is perplexing, the performances against Chelsea and Man city were good, it only takes one moment, if man city throw two in the net in that game, the result an perspective is different, now suddenly man utd are being called tactical masters, Chelsea are "on form" because they played against an Everton team that allows them to pass right through the middle of the park. We just need one lucky break or piece of individual magic and the momentum will change, #Fearless. 

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 2

Our striker, whether it be Vardy or Iheanacho, has been too isolated. Against Norwich, they showed Iheanacho like 20 yards away from the nearest Leicester player. 

If Maddison is our #10, then he needs to be farther up the pitch. It's time to bring back the diamond, which, coincidentally enough is how we beat Villa last time. 

Schmeichel

Pereira- Soyuncu - Evans - Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans - Praet

Maddison 

Vardy     -  Barnes

Edited by Detroit Blues
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Our striker, whether it be Vardy or Iheanacho, has been too isolated. Against Norwich, they showed Iheanacho like 20 yards away from the nearest Leicester player. 

If Maddison is our #10, then he needs to be farther up the pitch. It's time to bring back the diamond, which, coincidentally enough is how we beat Villa last time. 

Schmeichel

Pereira- Soyuncu - Evans - Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans - Praet

Maddison 

Vardy     -  Barnes

I agree with this, however I’d swap Barnes for Iheanacho and I’d give Justin a go in place of Chillwell tonight 

Feel like I did before the West Ham game for this one - totally confident.

Just think we'll win - and win easy.

Time to get back in gear and show what a class act we actually are.

So stuff Coronavirus, stuff negativity and stuff Aston Villa!

• Like 3

Guest Cujek
22 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

AY CARONA!!! 

Like on the 14th min, all turn to the villa fans, shout Ay Corona and cough all at once.

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Like on the 14th min, all turn to the villa fans, shout Ay Corona and cough all at once.

would be pretty interesting to hear thousands of people cough at the same time 

Guest Cujek
21 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

All the negativity I read here is perplexing, the performances against Chelsea and Man city were good, it only takes one moment, if man city throw two in the net in that game, the result an perspective is different, now suddenly man utd are being called tactical masters, Chelsea are "on form" because they played against an Everton team that allows them to pass right through the middle of the park. We just need one lucky break or piece of individual magic and the momentum will change, #Fearless. 

I think the trouble is we are no #fearless any more, the team has show quite a lot of #fear in recent games.

lets hope we dont in this one

If we haven't scored at least 4 in the first three minutes i think i will give the match thread a very wide berth this evening. 

I will summarise how it will go here and now

We are doomed

<insert your least favourite players name> is sh!t. Drop and immediately sell in the summer

We should have bought a winger/striker/CB in January

Should have sold <insert players name here> in January

We are doomed

We are not going to finish in the top half never mind CL

Rodgers out

Worse than under Puel/Holloway/Pleat/Taylor etc.

VAR is hopeless

We are doomed

There is obviously something wrong in the dressing room/they have all fallen out

Relegation next season unless we bin the whole squad/manager and spend £500 Million on new players

We are the worst team in the entire football league, don't care that we are third in PL/LC semi/FAcup QF we are cr*p.

The ref/VAR/FA/SKy are all conspiring against us...its a fix

Lets all Boo everyone

Oh and did i say we are doomed?

OK, we do desperately need a win, if only to settle things down a little, but, no doubt if we come away with a 4-0 win, Perez/Chilwell/AN other will have been poor, we got our tactics wrong and should have had at least 7 according to some.

I am as desperate as the next for us to put a few decent results together to settle the nerves a little but am not going to get on the team/managers back. We, and i include the team, fans and this forum all got carried away by our record breaking run before xmas and maybe that bred a bit of complacency. This is the business end of the season now, when things are won or lost and everything gets decided. It is time for us all to get behind whatever team takes to the field and show that we are up to the fight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1