Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa (H) pre-match, 09/03/20

27 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

The obscenely lenient referee that afternoon was Michael Oliver.

Tonight's referee - step forward, Michael Oliver....   

Oh dear, he wasn't that lenient to us though as I remember, gave the most ridiculous free kick against Ricardo and yellow carded him in the second half for something the commentator didn't even consider a foul. 

After Villa players openly admitting they set out to deliberately foul us to disrupt our transition/counters in the LC semi, hopefully the officials will be watching for this and put a stop to it with a couple of early cautions if they try it on again. Personally i quite like Oliver (this relative when compared to some of the others) but he had a shocker with the Ricardo/Targett decisions last time round.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

SFE's last chance to prove his team sheet knowledge. 

Sad if its true we dont have vards starting

What a horrible-looking lineup.

Hope it’s either fake or the lads surprise the heck out of me and take Villa apart. :scarf:

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He got the Norwich one bang on to be fair and that was with the unexpected Vardy omission. I’d be happy with that lineup. 

If we cant get up for this then we need to told now. 

Our players were getting hammered when them cvnts pitch invaded at Villa Park and rumours of Vardy/Maddison getting pushed etc. 

22 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Apart from Vardy still missing, is it THAT horrible? 

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Albrighton shouldn’t be near the starting 11 but the rest is ok

This.

In addition, still do not get this need to start experimenting with Justin at LB (even though he competently played there at a lower level) at the business end of the season. Sorry, but it screams “panic!” and if that’s the prevalent sentiment among the staff then we are truly toast! 

If we manage to cock up Champions League qualification this late into the season, we will be well and truly cocked for next season for I can easily see us losing the likes of Ricardo and Soyuncu, and not being able to attract equally quality recruits,

Anyway, I will scream my lungs out in support of any 11 players out there today wearing a blue shirt. :scarf:

4 hours ago, Flappit said:

Why is it perplexing? We're an absolute shadow of the team we were earlier in the season. We've been found out as a team that struggles when pressed and Rodgers is showing no signs of addressing the problem. Many players are out of form and there is little sign that we will be able to recover our form in time to stop our inexorable slide out of the top 4. You can be as positive as you like, but don't be surprised that many are concerned and have been for months, since Norwich showed teams how to make us struggle. Since then we have only done well against teams that have sat off and given us room to play.

If we lose tonight, I will be thinking 7 wins 1 draw 1 defeat or winning the Europa cup next season, because worrying about something I have no control over, doesn't do any good. its been a lot lot worse than this even in the last 3 years. 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Just as I said I wanted in another thread, superb if true! This line up tells us that BR wants attack/speed/aggression down the flanks from wingbacks through to wingers with quality balls in for nacho as the target man. Good diamond set up with good DM and good CAM in Praet if the game needs pressure applying.

My mum just saw them leave the Island Hotel in Hinckley, sent me a video. Vardy was with them in team gear , so I expect him to be somewhat involved. To my untrained eye from the vid she sent, he seemed to have a slight limp but maybe that's just how he walks?

Just now, Cameron Davidson said:

My mum just saw them leave the Island Hotel in Hinckley, sent me a video. Vardy was with them in team gear , so I expect him to be somewhat involved. To my untrained eye from the vid she sent, he seemed to have a slight limp but maybe that's just how he walks?

They were at the Island hotel on Wednesday last week as well.  Had a colleague call me around 4.30pm to say all the players in the bar area (not drinking though).

Maybe this is the new lucky pre-game location?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cameron Davidson said:

Swag init

Edited by South Shire Fox