Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Aston Villa (H) pre-match, 09/03/20

43 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

All the negativity I read here is perplexing, the performances against Chelsea and Man city were good, it only takes one moment, if Ederson throws two in the net in that game, the result an perspective is different, now suddenly man utd are being called tactical masters, Chelsea are "on form" because they played against an Everton team that allows them to pass right through the middle of the park. We just need one lucky break or piece of individual magic and the momentum will change, #Fearless. 

Why is it perplexing? We're an absolute shadow of the team we were earlier in the season. We've been found out as a team that struggles when pressed and Rodgers is showing no signs of addressing the problem. Many players are out of form and there is little sign that we will be able to recover our form in time to stop our inexorable slide out of the top 4. You can be as positive as you like, but don't be surprised that many are concerned and have been for months, since Norwich showed teams how to make us struggle. Since then we have only done well against teams that have sat off and given us room to play.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Its been happening for several years :( Way before BR arrived. Rumour has it Ward is the one, but we shall never know. 

Yep, Ward was prime suspect the first time we had leaks, I believe. Liverpool had had their lineups leaked all season, then managed to put a stop to it around April/May time. Then Ward was promptly sold to us, and suddenly our lineups started being leaked... Possibly a coincidence and it could always be a completely different source of the leaks now anyway, but it was certainly suspicious...

• Like 1

No assist from open play for Maddison since August TICK

No league goals for Vardy or Iheanacho in 2020 TICK

No goal for Tielemans since October TICK

No win since January TICK

It's just when we think it's all going to rat shit that we will pull a performance and win off, tonight is the night!

6 minutes ago, Hales said:

Really? No vardy again? Well that's just odd as he has said he is fit to play! 

Doesn't matter what he says if the medical team think he isn't. We have already come a cropper this season by bringing him, and Ndidi, back before they were ready from injury.  Rather him miss another game and come back 100% than risk him and lose him for another 3 games.

Otherwise, perhaps BR thinks it is time to try something else in order to get the win we are desperate for.  If it was any other player they would have been "rotated" before now.

Personally, i think it is all smoke and mirrors and he will play and score tonight.

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Villa will park the bus and hit us on the counter, which means Albrighton will be  crossing the ball onto Mings' head all night. 

Excited for Justin though, if Sean's team is right.

If Sean's team is correct, we have some very serious confidentiality issues within the First Team Squad which is not helpful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't see any excuse not to play "the team." Everyone's fit right? 

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison 

Perez Vardy Barnes 

I think the fact that "the team" has done absolutely nothing for two months is a damn good excuse.

Praet must play.  No excuses.  And get away from non-winger winger formation and get Ihenacho out there.

Also, Chilwell has a knock and probably won't start.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Wasn’t Sean given a false lineup last match to root out the leaker? Bert mentioned it in the match thread.

There have been a few false line ups floating around.

I'm sure "Sean" will try and cover his ass with a ridiculous excuse if he gets the team wrong again.

28 minutes ago, Guybino said:

would be pretty interesting to hear thousands of people cough at the same time 

I'll keep an eye out for Tecwen Whittock.....

Just now, urban fox said:

Doesn't matter what he says if the medical team think he isn't. We have already come a cropper this season by bringing him, and Ndidi, back before they were ready from injury.  Rather him miss another game and come back 100% than risk him and lose him for another 3 games.

Otherwise, perhaps BR thinks it is time to try something else in order to get the win we are desperate for.  If it was any other player they would have been "rotated" before now.

Personally, i think it is all smoke and mirrors and he will play and score tonight.

The issue is, since Vardy's struggles Iheanacho has been starved of the service as well. Neither of them have a league goal in 2020, something has to change. 1 up front isn't working and if Vardy and Perez are out it really does leave us looking painfully ill equipped going forward. It was frustrating to see vs Norwich and Birmingham just how many players commit to attack when the ball comes in to the box, we still love to whip aimless crosses in all game though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No assist from open play for Maddison since August TICK

No league goals for Vardy or Iheanacho in 2020 TICK

No goal for Tielemans since October TICK

No win since January TICK

It's just when we think it's all going to rat shit that we will pull a performance and win off, tonight is the night!

I think it's going to be a shitt fest of 2 crap teams, I don't see a performance but I can see us winning it by some really dubious, crap goal

• Like 2

Kasper's 200th premier league appearance tonight. Hope we go at them from the start and put them under pressure. Driven back from Scotland yesterday a day early to make sure I can get to the game tonight. Having Wilf back should help, even though he looked a little rusty against Birmingham last week. I’d play Tielemans, even though he’s been off form like most of them, he made an impact off the bench in the cup and is capable of unlocking that back line. Maddison needs to be higher up the pitch. Would be interesting to see JJ in for Chilwell. I’d take a scrappy 1-0 if that’s what it takes.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

If the rumours are true i'd like to see this:

Soyuncu

Evans

Fuchs

Ricardo

Ndidi

Praet

Justin

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho

I would also go with something similar if no JV/AP available.  Might be tempted to give YT a go further up the pitch in place of maddison, who has failed to impress of late.

50 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I agree with this, however I’d swap Barnes for Iheanacho and I’d give Justin a go in place of Chillwell tonight 

I mostly put Barnes in for Iheanacho for fitness reasons. If Vardy isn't fully fit and he can only go like 70 minutes, then we'll need Iheanacho to come off the bench. 

Just now, urban fox said:

I would also go with something similar if no JV/AP available.  Might be tempted to give YT a go further up the pitch in place of maddison, who has failed to impress of late.

The reason Maddison gets the nod for me is his long range shooting, something which Tielemans surprisingly is abysmal at.

To me this is our biggest game of the season by far. We need to win this game and show some real guts and fight whilst doing it. If we bottle this one we are really in danger of blowing our season and losing players in the summer. The rot has to stop. 

They have more pressure, they must win! If we lose we are still 3rd. Yes everyone will be getting closer but we will still be 3rd. They are going to be more nervy about this one. I think we need to come out quick and all guns blazing and score quickly. They cannot afford to sit back and defend as they need the points.  Apparently JV and AP are on the bench? Was hoping JV would start and KI come on as the super sub he does so well. We will see! 🤞

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I'm thinking of watching the match with foreign commentary.....95 minutes of Grealish ass licking is the most annoying thing.

If Maddison has any lingering ambition to make the Euros, then he has to put in a performance tonight that puts Grealish in the shade.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If the rumours are true i'd like to see this:

Soyuncu

Evans

Fuchs

Ricardo

Ndidi

Praet

Justin

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho

Agreed if true, however the only tweak I’d suggest would be to push Praet up with Maddison rather than in a two with N’didi. However the 3ATB with the 2 wingbacks could leave us vulnerable. Praet could slot into either role depending on how the game is going. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, urban fox said:

If Maddison has any lingering ambition to make the Euros, then he has to put in a performance tonight that puts Grealish in the shade.

1:10 that the Waistcoat Wastecase is in the boxes tonight.

19 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Unless Southgate has been watching a different league for the past 6 months, Grealish walks in ahead of Maddison.