Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WarehamFox

Player of the season!

A few have a shout here.

Ricardo has carried on where he left off last season and is defo up there, ndidi has been consistently good too and you simply can't ignore vardy given his goals tally again.

However for me its out of the 2 centre backs, they've formed a terrific partnership and both of them have been nearly faultless but I'd just edge soyuncu and the reasons for that is because of where he's progressed from 12 months ago but also the circumstances in coming into the side to replace Maguire, was a big ask and he's absolutely delivered and more

there can only be one and that is of course the incredible....

:vardy:   Jamieeeeee Vardyyyyyy     

• Thanks 1

Rick, he's been the most consistent although recent couple months he wasn't as impressive as at the start of the season. Then Evans, he's been brilliant. Third place for Wilf who's been sorely missed when injured. Then Vards, who has been suffering from lack of service for weeks and weeks due to our dysfunctional midfielders and wingers, and for that I also partially blame BR who couldn't find a way to involve him more when our dip in form started. Cags not too far behind.

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Thanks 1

My 2, because we  Simply werent the same without them....Vardy and Ndidi...

my 2, because they proved reliability a Strong ally....Evans and Soyu..!!!

My 2 ,because endeavor and desire shone  more on their foxes badges...Periera & Barnes......

First Time for awhile IMO, where So many names are worthy.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Are we in the top 4 because of our defence or because of the goals Vardy has scored and assisted? I know there's more to it than that but when Vardy doesn't score we don't tend to do that well.

To me that’s a false criteria. It’s easy to quantify goals scored, and impossible to quantify goals prevented.

Evans for me. Mr. Consistency. Can't think of any game where his level of performance has dropped. Yes, he's made the odd mistake, but throughout the season he has been so reliable. It is highly likely that Soyuncu has improved as a result of Evans' mentoring.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 1

On 10/03/2020 at 19:08, chris_lcfc_85 said:

A few have a shout here.

Ricardo has carried on where he left off last season and is defo up there, ndidi has been consistently good too and you simply can't ignore vardy given his goals tally again.

However for me its out of the 2 centre backs, they've formed a terrific partnership and both of them have been nearly faultless but I'd just edge soyuncu and the reasons for that is because of where he's progressed from 12 months ago but also the circumstances in coming into the side to replace Maguire, was a big ask and he's absolutely delivered and more

They haven’t been great when Ndidi was injured tho. Makes a big difference when you have a huge DM in front of you sweeping everything up

• Like 1

On 10/03/2020 at 22:45, Deeg67 said:

To me that’s a false criteria. It’s easy to quantify goals scored, and impossible to quantify goals prevented.

Well, we as a collective fan base seem to acknowledge defensive players more than we do attacking players. Check our player of the season awards going back the last 15-20 years. It's usually always defenders or defensive midfielders, which I understand in certain years but not every year!

Ndidi... makes every single player play better include the CB's... Evans has less area to cover and would not be worried about chasing strikers down blind alleys. Less kamikaze defending from Soyuncu. Instant 12 yards forward positioning for Madders. Physicality, shrewd defensive decisions a lots of legs and guts... just ask that floater Jack Grealish. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Amazing how our incredible goalscorer is dismissed every season for this award. 

Almost don't deserve him. Disgusting he's never won it, should have won it in 2017/18 without a shadow of a doubt. Maguire got it when Vardy notched 20 league goals from about 50 shots on target in a heinous Puel side.

On 10/03/2020 at 19:22, mucfox said:

there can only be one and that is of course the incredible....

:vardy:   Jamieeeeee Vardyyyyyy     

Agreed, where would we be without him?