Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

'Our aim' – Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers reveals summer transfer plan

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Looks like Mendy could be replaced by Diallo.

If Demiral proves his fitness we might still move for him.

Ben White seems to be on the radar.

There's that Turkish goal keeper Ugurcan Cakir and a Turkish striker too.

And you know this how...?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It's kind of bizarre that BR wanted to work with Congerton again here if Congerton was continually signing players that BR didn't seem good enough to be selected in his teams...

Not really, they have been best buds since they were youth coaches at Chelsea many years ago.  His defence of him when being criticised at Celtic was that he said Congerton spotted that Neymar and Coutinho when they were 15 years old and identified them as going to be big stars.  My 6 year old could probably have told you that.

I'm not bashing the guy unnecessarily, he was an absolute disaster at my club and we weren't the first.  I get giving him a chance and a lot of the things I read are similar to what a lot of posters said when he arrived at Celtic, "but Sunderland were a basket case", etc.  Like I said, hopefully he's marginialised or brought into line by a decent recruitment structure at Leicester whereby he can't do much damage, problem at Celtic was that he via the Rodgers proxy had total control at Celtic.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Let hope we spend the CL money a little wiser this time.

All good and well but someone has to be willing to buy them and match the wages, we have been trying to sell them for the last 18 months with little success. 

Not always true. A new club doesn't have to match the wages if they're offering a longer contract than the year some have left.

8 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Did Perez really cost £30m? I've seen other suggestions that it was more like £16m. Similar to the Teilemans fee being £40m whereas I think its now accepted that it was actually £32m.

I think it’s  possible some figures include agent fees too and some dont.

9 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think we certainly need a striker -- Vardy isn't going to have less injuries next year, and Nacho is a different type (which is good to have).

We need a winger -- although Barnes's 2020 form means we don't need two (although we might get two).

We could use another No. 10 type (we seemed stocked on 8's) and possibly a holding midfielder.

We need to try and offload every senior player on loan (except maybe Benko if he turns a corner), and see how Knight and Dewsbury-Hall due in pre-season (both are too good for League 1).

But when Brendan says he wants to re-sign both Morgan and Fuchs, it does make me wonder what he means by "re-fresh".

lollol

4 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Not really, they have been best buds since they were youth coaches at Chelsea many years ago.  His defence of him when being criticised at Celtic was that he said Congerton spotted that Neymar and Coutinho when they were 15 years old and identified them as going to be big stars.  My 6 year old could probably have told you that.

I'm not bashing the guy unnecessarily, he was an absolute disaster at my club and we weren't the first.  I get giving him a chance and a lot of the things I read are similar to what a lot of posters said when he arrived at Celtic, "but Sunderland were a basket case", etc.  Like I said, hopefully he's marginialised or brought into line by a decent recruitment structure at Leicester whereby he can't do much damage, problem at Celtic was that he via the Rodgers proxy had total control at Celtic.

If Neymar & Coutinho went to Rotherham & Hamilton then I could give him credit, going Barcelona & Inter Milan means they were considered top drawer anyway so the "talent spotter" credit is moot. 

Congerton's record has been nothing short of horrific, the only positive I can see is that BR would not have wanted him here if he thought he was as bad at his job as his performance record suggests. i'm still not sure what Congerton's duties are, does he get the final say ahead of the recruitment and analytical team?

I just love all the conjecture and hypothetical tabloid interest/nonsense. We all know it's time to refresh this squad. It goes without saying we have far too many players on the books who are not in BR's plans so it doesn't take Einstein to work out that changes will be afoot. The only certainty given our Champions League status the squad will need to be strengthened/improved.

If perez develops some upper body strength si he can hold off players the  he could press on.  I sometimes wonder if there is any personal development work going on... or if it is voluntary 

Also.... we shouldn't buy any player with a poor first touch... or who does not have a growth mindset and the will power to improve  (both these can be tested for)

59 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I just love all the conjecture and hypothetical tabloid interest/nonsense. We all know it's time to refresh this squad. It goes without saying we have far too many players on the books who are not in BR's plans so it doesn't take Einstein to work out that changes will be afoot. The only certainty given our possible Champions League status the squad will need to be strengthened/improved.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

If Neymar & Coutinho went to Rotherham & Hamilton then I could give him credit, going Barcelona & Inter Milan means they were considered top drawer anyway so the "talent spotter" credit is moot. 

Congerton's record has been nothing short of horrific, the only positive I can see is that BR would not have wanted him here if he thought he was as bad at his job as his performance record suggests. i'm still not sure what Congerton's duties are, does he get the final say ahead of the recruitment and analytical team?

Have no clue how big his influence is at Leicester but he had the final say at Celtic in terms of advising Rodgers on transfer targets. Until lawell got fed up with him and started taking matters into his own hands latterly, which wasn’t ideal either but the lesser of two evils.

I'm all for being optimistic about the transfer window and the argument that all our previous scouting apparatus hasn't gone anywhere and Rudkin is smart enough not to let Congerton fck it all up holds a lot of weight with me.

But the erasure of Congerton's absolutely atrocious record isn't helping anyone. Glossing over what he's done "because he didn't have any money" is misleading and frankly wrong. Sunderland spent an absolutely incredible amount of money for their status. That's just one club he has been at.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We'll be playing a minimum extra 6 games next season in Europe. Evans and Cags are excellent together but Evans won't be able to play that many more games AND play in the league and we definitely don't want to rely on Morgan and Fuchs to step in. Benkovic's fitness is volatile at best. We need at least 1 CB to be available and good enough to start, and more cover.

As for a new keeper, we need to either promote Iverson or bring in a decent back up to Kasper.

Danny Ward is a very good keeper, probably too good to be a back up.