Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

If you can't play in front of fans anyway, what difference will being at a neutral venue be? 

You won't have 27k for your games, we won't have 30k, Newcastle won't have 50k- unless you want to wait for an unspecified moment where fans will be allowed in what's the alternative?

Fair point - everyone would be equal !

TV money is a huge driver to finish the season for obvious reasons but that assumes the government allows sport behind closed doors can get started early enough to finish the season before the time limits imposed by UEFA. The number of reported daily deaths still appears way too high for this to be decided upon for a while yet which compromises the EPL desire to restart in June. 

The bigger concern is the effect on football for the next season..... No crowds at matches until well into 2021, if at all, ... numerous bankrupted clubs particularly in the lower leagues,... European competitions cancelled or curtailed due to travel and quarantine issues...Club finances shot to bits and many players unemployed and salaries significantly lowered.

Missing out on CL football next season would be big disappointment given how well we have played this year but in the scheme of things its small beer really.

I just want the club to get thru the next 12-18 months  and still be competitive at the level we have got used to.

• Like 1

Although it would be hated I think below the championship you may need to go back to regional, league 1 south , league 1 north, or if that’s too much leave league 1 as national and  have league 2 and the national league as league 2 north & south. I don’t know the economics but these clubs must fork out a fortune in travel / hotels etc and attract less away fans. Then review in 10 years. As I say it would not be popular, and the economics would have to be overwhelming  but it may give some of these clubs extra savings and income into the future...assuming of course they manage to survive till fans return.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Although it would be hated I think below the championship you may need to go back to regional, league 1 south , league 1 north, or if that’s too much leave league 1 as national and  have league 2 and the national league as league 2 north & south. I don’t know the economics but these clubs must fork out a fortune in travel / hotels etc and attract less away fans. Then review in 10 years. As I say it would not be popular, and the economics would have to be overwhelming  but it may give some of these clubs extra savings and income into the future...assuming of course they manage to survive till fans return.

Or those 2 leagues goes back to semi-profi. Until, if and when They find their feet again....

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

West Ham not in favour of neutral venues, integrity of competition mentioned yet again.

That phrase will grow and annoy very soon, I reckon.

West Ham simply don’t want the season finished ......

they are happy being out of the bottom three 

21 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

He puts forward a very convincing argument and I'm more inclined to agree but I still have concerns about neutral grounds.

He talks about the next season still being a problem and completing this one will help to find solutions for next season. I seriously doubt next season could be played at neutral grounds and if as likely they will still be behind closed doors for some considerable time then I think we should be completing this season at their normal venues.

It will be fairer, it will help to clarify how we can go forward with next season. It will give each club the chance to have and test secure and safe processes at each ground.

I keep hearing that the main reason for neutral grounds is the risk of fans turning up, considering i see no way next season can be played at neutral grounds then we need to make sure during the finish of this season that games at home grounds can be managed. 

• Like 2

The merc have some stupid story of all games being played in Perth lol lol lol

So we've all got to be up all night to watch our team play.

Really are some muppets coming out of the woodwork.

Sorry cant ad link.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

West Ham not in favour of neutral venues, integrity of competition mentioned yet again.

That phrase will grow and annoy very soon, I reckon.

Dunno why they enter the League & FA Cup then 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

He puts forward a very convincing argument and I'm more inclined to agree but I still have concerns about neutral grounds.

He talks about the next season still being a problem and completing this one will help to find solutions for next season. I seriously doubt next season could be played at neutral grounds and if as likely they will still be behind closed doors for some considerable time then I think we should be completing this season at their normal venues.

It will be fairer, it will help to clarify how we can go forward with next season. It will give each club the chance to have and test secure and safe processes at each ground.

I keep hearing that the main reason for neutral grounds is the risk of fans turning up, considering i see no way next season can be played at neutral grounds then we need to make sure during the finish of this season that games at home grounds can be managed. 

The police will just need to close every single route into grounds within the smallest area they can do. 

as we get closer to a decision, it’s becoming clearer that those clubs outside the bottom three but at big risk of relegation are going to oppose any restart ......

those in the bottom three are going to come to ‘an arrangement’ with that bloc to form a larger block that will aim for a voiding off the season with no relegation. That will be more than six and will frustrate the remainder of the league as more than 14 needed to carry a decision. 

doesn’t that mean the most likely result will be that the league doesn’t restart because of self interest (but it will be said to be for integrity and safety reasons ) 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

as we get closer to a decision, it’s becoming clearer that those clubs outside the bottom three but at big risk of relegation are going to oppose any restart ......

those in the bottom three are going to come to ‘an arrangement’ with that bloc to form a larger block that will aim for a voiding off the season with no relegation. That will be more than six and will frustrate the remainder of the league as more than 14 needed to carry a decision. 

doesn’t that mean the most likely result will be that the league doesn’t restart because of self interest (but it will be said to be for integrity and safety reasons ) 

Then threaten them with the positions staying as they are and that they have to pay back many million/billion to the TV companies. 

Not playing in front of a large crowd will give Bournemouth a huge advantage, given they are used to this scenario.   And what about the confusion neutral grounds will cause the 'homer' Referees?  

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Then threaten them with the positions staying as they are and that they have to pay back many million/billion to the TV companies. 

Their judgment will be that they would rather lose the 40m than risk losing their PL status ..... everyone will lose 40m so they won’t be at a disadvantage with their rivals moving forward .....

58 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The merc have some stupid story of all games being played in Perth lol lol lol

So we've all got to be up all night to watch our team play.

Really are some muppets coming out of the woodwork.

Sorry cant ad link.

It's in the Mail as well. The games would be played at times to suit UK audiences.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8281231/Australian-city-Perth-willing-host-remaining-Premier-League-games.html

Doubt it'll happen, I can't see Australia letting in hundreds of people from here atm. But it's an interesting idea.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

Does it hold up the integrity of the competition if relegation is removed?

Also, with next season potentially starting later because of how late the season is due to finish should these plans go ahead, how would a 22/23-team season work? And how many seasons would there be a 22/23-team season? 

Would that mean there would be football almost consistently until Qatar 2022 World Cup, as in no breaks? Bigger divisions, more games required. Not to mention what would happen with cup competitions domestically and across Europe.

Edited by StanSP

25 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's in the Mail as well. The games would be played at times to suit UK audiences.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8281231/Australian-city-Perth-willing-host-remaining-Premier-League-games.html

Doubt it'll happen, I can't see Australia letting in hundreds of people from here atm. But it's an interesting idea.

Would be good for their economy, having 400+ minted premier League players milling around on non match days. Also revenue for the hotels etc. 

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

..do we actually know the result of the restarting of the season, will result in having to reimburse the tv and other commercial entities!!!

The overall belief is that we will not receive the tv revenue for the rest of the season and as such would cause an immense drain on all clubs but are we just speculating and finding problems that are not there.Has BT or Sky stated their positions in respect nullifying the season, voiding, or terminating the season at this point. It would be interesting to find out the insurance aspect  in respect of BT And Sky regarding any provisions within their contract, with their insurers, for such eventualities.

The Perth idea is actually not bad. We are only 7 hours ahead here, so 6pm (11am *UK) 8pm (*1pm)  and 10pm (*3pm) kick offs would work well for both here and UK.

We've got the facilities, the hotels, plenty of state league clubs to use as training grounds, and the weather is very good for football this time of year (17-23 degrees). 

We only have 19 active cases at the moment, and no new cases in 4 days. Restrictions are already being lifted, and so two more weeks of no cases and I think we might be back to 'normal' (whatever that will now look like). 

2 minutes ago, Tomassi said:

The Perth idea is actually not bad. We are only 7 hours ahead here, so 6pm (11am *UK) 8pm (*1pm)  and 10pm (*3pm) kick offs would work well for both here and UK.

We've got the facilities, the hotels, plenty of state league clubs to use as training grounds, and the weather is very good for football this time of year (17-23 degrees). 

We only have 19 active cases at the moment, and no new cases in 4 days. Restrictions are already being lifted, and so two more weeks of no cases and I think we might be back to 'normal' (whatever that will now look like). 

...strange, the way you have written this, with your stipulated location!!!!